Re: Hotel MiraCosta- Question

Here are the links to the pics.
    http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/DSCF0364.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/DSCF0360.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/DSCF0351.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/DSCF0350.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/DSCF0270.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...n/DSCF0330.jpg

I think you are right about the rooms on the left and the right wings being Piazza View rooms (since the ones in the middle are harbor view rooms).

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
      The problem is I don't see any terrace rooms in the dead center....
      Last time I stayed in a Piazza View room, it was all the way to the left of the hotel (near the Chapel MiraCosta). It was in the blue building just behind the bell tower.
      The link to my first pic shows a few terrace rooms (looks like there is a a large balcony about the cafe).

Comment

Originally posted by hawachan View Post
        Thanks for the pictures!
        Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

The link to my first pic shows a few terrace rooms (looks like there is a a large balcony about the cafe).

But all terrace rooms are supposed to be on the 5th floor because they are suites. And the rooms above the BellaVista Lounge are all Superior Rooms. Here is a picture from one of the rooms directly above the BellaVista Lounge. As you can see, the window cannot be opened too much.

Comment

The problem is I don't see any terrace rooms in the dead center....
            Last time I stayed in a Piazza View room, it was all the way to the left of the hotel (near the Chapel MiraCosta). It was in the blue building just behind the bell tower.
            If that room is considered a Piazza View room, then I`d say the other ones that you mentioned before would be Piazza View rooms.

Comment

I'm still not too sure on what they consider "Piazza View". It says that they offer views of the plazas but where exactly are those? In the terrace room shown in this picture, it looks like it offers views of the harbor but it is not in the middle section.

Comment

But all terrace rooms are supposed to be on the 5th floor because they are suites. And the rooms above the BellaVista Lounge are all Superior Rooms. Here is a picture from one of the rooms directly above the BellaVista Lounge. As you can see, the window cannot be opened too much.

True, the terrace rooms are only on the 5th floor (so I guess the rooms in your first pic could be considered as harbour view rooms) .

The Balcony Room that we were talking about before is definitely above the Bellavista Lounge. http://www.hotelmiracosta.com/japane.../standard.html

Damn, this is confusing......

Comment

I'm still not too sure on what they consider "Piazza View". It says that they offer views of the plazas but where exactly are those? In the terrace room shown in this picture, it looks like it offers views of the harbor but it is not in the middle section.

These rooms seem to have the best views of the harbor.

Comment

These rooms seem to have the best views of the harbor.
                    So should I request a Harbor View Terrace room or a Piazza View Terrace room? I really have no idea what they're classifying the one in that picture.

Comment

So should I request a Harbor View Terrace room or a Piazza View Terrace room? I really have no idea what they're classifying the one in that picture.
                      Hopefully someone who has stayed in one of these rooms can help out. But from what we have gathered we know that:

1)It`s on the 5th floor

2)there are no Harbor View Terrace rooms in the center

3)The room you stayed in before behind the bell tower was a Piazza
                      View Room

4)The rooms in the picture you originally posted seem to have the best views of the harbor.

So from we have, I`d have to say those rooms are harbor view terrace rooms. I remember the gondola guides mentioning that the rooms in that area are one of the most expensive at the hotel.

Comment

Hopefully someone who has stayed in one of these rooms can help out. But from what we have gathered we know that:

1)It`s on the 5th floor

2)there are no Harbor View Terrace rooms in the center

3)The room you stayed in before behind the bell tower was a Piazza
                        View Room

4)The rooms in the picture you originally posted seem to have the best views of the harbor.

So from we have, I`d have to say those rooms are harbor view terrace rooms. I remember the gondola guides mentioning that the rooms in that area are one of the most expensive at the hotel.
                        At about $770/night, Harbor View Terrace rooms ARE expensive! I would ask them by phone to confirm that those are Harbor View Terrace rooms, but I don't know how to speak Japanese. Getting an English speaker is quite difficult.

Comment

Jeez, why don't you just call the hotel and ask?

Comment

Originally posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
                            Jeez, why don't you just call the hotel and ask?

Like I said above, it's hard getting an English speaker.

Comment

I called the reservation center and got a few questions answered:

1) The Terrace Rooms can only accomodate 2 adults

2) When asked which view they prefer, they told me the Harbor View would be the best choice

3) They could not answer my question about the location of the terrace room in that picture

Comment

I called the reservation center and got a few questions answered:

1) The Terrace Rooms can only accomodate 2 adults

2) When asked which view they prefer, they told me the Harbor View would be the best choice

3) They could not answer my question about the location of the terrace room in that picture
                                Glad you were able to get some questions answered

Comment

Had a little discussion with other family members. Some of them feel the terrace rooms are not worth the insane cost, but I disagree. They want to spend all 6 nights at the Ambassador Hotel...

I told them about my proposal:

- 2 nights at the Ambassador Hotel (Standard Room)
                                  - 4 nights at the Hotel MiraCosta (Terrace Room- Harbor View)

-Grand Total of $3780!!!

Comment

I have a question about the Salone dell' Amico. Should I go there directly after entering the hotel or should I line up in the normal check in line? Will a bellhop ask me where I'm staying since I'm planning on arriving in the hotel around morning.

Comment

Had a little discussion with other family members. Some of them feel the terrace rooms are not worth the insane cost, but I disagree. They want to spend all 6 nights at the Ambassador Hotel...

I told them about my proposal:

- 2 nights at the Ambassador Hotel (Standard Room)
                                      - 4 nights at the Hotel MiraCosta (Terrace Room- Harbor View)

-Grand Total of $3780!!!
                                      Yowza! I could go to Japan and back twice on that budget.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
                                        Yowza! I could go to Japan and back twice on that budget.
                                        Higher quality= More $$$

Comment

Higher quality= More $$$
                                          Well that's given that I don't ever have to stay in a hotel. Not all of us can afford top of the line.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X