This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hotel MiraCosta- Question

You know what? I think instead of the terrace room, I will reserve a balcony room since it is a lot cheaper. Plus, it's not like I need all that space when I'm not going to be in the room all day. But I don't want to be paying for a balcony if I'm not allowed to access it.

Let's see how this affects my total:

- 2 nights at the Ambassador Hotel (Standard Room)
    - 4 nights at the Hotel MiraCosta (Balcony Room)

Grand Total of $3380...about $400 taken off from my previous list.
    Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

UPDATE: I have a hypothesis that the Balcony Rooms above the BellaVista Lounge were once Superior Rooms. Why? Because in the picture I posted on page 1, you can see that the door cannot be opened all the way. And you will also notice that the railing on the top has been changed too. Even more interesting is that the balcony rooms were not mentioned in the press release of the Hotel MiraCosta, leading me to believe they are relatively new.

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan
        I have a question about the Salone dell' Amico.
        I don't remember well about that...
        Probably you don't need to line up in the normal check in line.
        You will receive a detailed letter prior to your trip.

Difference of the views.
        http://pyon.x0.com/Miracosta/miracosta_nagame.htm

yellow: partial view
        green: piazza view
        blue: harbor view

Comment

Originally posted by polygonaut View Post

Difference of the views.

Thank you! But I don't live in Japan, so how will they send me a letter? I live in an apartement so that might confuse them even more, especially since my address is really confusing. Last time, I only got a fax receipt and no letter at all.
          Last edited by TDR_Fan; 10-10-2006, 08:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by polygonaut View Post

Difference of the views.

Woah!! Nice find!! :thumbup:

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
              Thank you! But I don't live in Japan, so how will they send me a letter? I live in an apartement so that might confuse them even more, especially since my address is really confusing. Last time, I only got a fax receipt and no letter at all.
              I went through a travel agent and they gave me a letter on the spot. I then just handed it to the person at the front desk when I checked-in.

Don`t forget to take advantage of priority seating once you make your reservation.

Comment

You know what? I think instead of the terrace room, I will reserve a balcony room since it is a lot cheaper. Plus, it's not like I need all that space when I'm not going to be in the room all day. But I don't want to be paying for a balcony if I'm not allowed to access it.

Let's see how this affects my total:

- 2 nights at the Ambassador Hotel (Standard Room)
                - 4 nights at the Hotel MiraCosta (Balcony Room)

Grand Total of $3380...about $400 taken off from my previous list.
                I'm thinking that you're not allowed to use the balcony, I'm not sure. Whenever I watch lagoon shows, there's always people out on there terrace rooms but I've never seen people on those balconies above the BellaVista Lounge. Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place but I clearly remember always seeing people on the terraces but not on the balconies.

Also, just for the experience and if you're looking to shave off some money, I'd try a venice room for a night or two. I love it over there and I'm sure the view is great.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
                  I'm thinking that you're not allowed to use the balcony, I'm not sure. Whenever I watch lagoon shows, there's always people out on there terrace rooms but I've never seen people on those balconies above the BellaVista Lounge. Perhaps I'm just not looking in the right place but I clearly remember always seeing people on the terraces but not on the balconies.

Also, just for the experience and if you're looking to shave off some money, I'd try a venice room for a night or two. I love it over there and I'm sure the view is great.

What's the point of paying an extra $76/night for a balcony if you can't even use it? Doesn't a useless balcony sort of obstruct your view of the park then?

Comment

Sorry to ask yet another question but how do I get my luggage delivered to the MiraCosta when I check out of the Ambassador? It says on the official website that the only place to get the baggage delivery service is the Welcome Center and Ikspiari. But I don't want to be dragging my suitcases all the way there. I don't see any mention of a baggage delivery service in the hotels, so what should I do? Maybe walk over to the MiraCosta since it's not that far of a walk, or will they let me take my suitcases aboard the Disney Resort Cruiser?

Comment

What's the point of paying an extra $76/night for a balcony if you can't even use it? Doesn't a useless balcony sort of obstruct your view of the park then?
                      Well I'm not sure about it, but yes if you can't use it, it's a total waste of money. It may obstruct your view, yes.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
                        Well I'm not sure about it, but yes if you can't use it, it's a total waste of money. It may obstruct your view, yes.
                        Like I said above, I think the balcony rooms are quite new. They seem to have changed what were once normal Superior Rooms into what is now the Balcony Room. The railings have been increased to make it more safe, and the doors have been changed to make it into a sliding door. They seem to have taken advantage of the extra space on top of the BellaVista Lounge. Just out of curiosity, when was the last time you visited Tokyo DisneySea?

Comment

Originally posted by hawachan View Post

Don`t forget to take advantage of priority seating once you make your reservation.

Oh I will... But I think the official website is contradicting itself because it says that hotel guests who have made reservations through the reservation center can reserve restaurants with priority seating up to 6 months in advance, yet says on another page that you can only make reservations up to one month before your check-in date. It's really confusing...but I don't think it'll matter much since I probably won't even need to start reserving restaurants 6 months in advance. One month before my check-in date should be good enough and by then, everything will be organized.

Comment

when was the last time you visited Tokyo DisneySea?
                            Summer 2005. I was in Japan for two months and went 5 or 6 times. I'll be going again perhaps this Christmas and in the summer.

Comment

Question are the prices for rooms at the Hotel MiraCosta worth it.Or are you really just paying for the name and location?
                              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
                                Question are the prices for rooms at the Hotel MiraCosta worth it.Or are you really just paying for the name and location?
                                Definitely for the location. Nothing beats having a view of DisneySea right out your window, and having an excellent view of the lagoon shows.

Comment

The prices for the rooms at Miracosta are definitely not worth it. The rooms are small by Western standards, while the rooms at the Hilton Tokyo Bay, also on the monorail, are large compared by Western standards and a fraction (less than half) the price.

The decor at the Miracosta is supposed to be "European," but it's all heavy drapes and dark wood--an Easterner's idea of what Japanese people would like to stay in and pretend is European.

I really don't have anything against the Miracosta or the Ambassador, except the obscene prices for both the rooms and the restaurants.

I make the statement in view of what I can spend for a nicer and larger room, at a lovely and clean Hilton hotel whose staff is top notch, that is closer than the Ambassador to the monorail and only three minutes farther walking than the Miracosta. Sure, SOME rooms at the Miracosta will give you a view of the daily water shows, but at what price? I spend all day in the parks--if I want to see the water shows, then I stand by the edge of the water and watch them. My room in the Hilton gives me a lovely view of Tokyo Bay, the ocean, and Mount Fuji on a clear day.

For most folks, it has to come down to a choice based on economics: stay at the Tokyo Disney Resort for two of three days in Miracosta or Ambassador, of stay for four or six days at the Hilton Tokyo Bay ... for the SAME price! I've made my choice and it's always been the same for the past three years: stay at the Hilton and double the length of my vacation at the best Disney parks in the world.

Comment

I don't really think you can compare the MiraCosta with the Hilton Tokyo Bay. The MiraCosta is simply BEAUTIFUL, an artistic masterpiece. The Hilton Tokyo Bay is just a plain building built for the simple reason of giving people some place to stay. Not a single touch of theming anywhere, compared to the unmeasurable amount of details inside the MiraCosta. I can stare at the murals in the rotunda lobby for hours...

Sure there are hotels with bigger rooms which are cheaper, but the reason I spend time in a Disney hotel is for the theming alone. The feeling of remaining in a Disney park is not disconnected and this is especially obvious in the MiraCosta since it is INSIDE DisneySea. I'm pretty lax when it comes to rooms since I don't require a lot of space anyways. When I can choose between a suite in the Hilton Tokyo Bay OR a harbor facing room in the MiraCosta, I'd choose the MiraCosta. In my opinion, the MiraCosta is THE Disney hotel. Nothing I've stayed at even comes close to beating it in theming alone.

The lack of theming in the Hilton Tokyo Bay (as well as other Official Hotels) is enough to put me off staying there. I can stay at hotels like the Hilton Tokyo Bay any time but how often am I at a Disney park? Why not pay a bit more to make it a Disney hotel? Like I said, the experience of staying in the MiraCosta is far more exciting and romantic than staying at the Hilton Tokyo Bay, so I will I have to say that the MiraCosta is definitely a superior hotel. The Hilton Tokyo Bay doesn't offer anything unique like the MiraCosta does, and the only advantage it has is cheaper costs. Other than that, it's simply hideously boring when you compare it with the MiraCosta.

And your comment about the MiraCosta's rooms not being European. I've stayed at various hotels in Europe during a 2 week trip, and the MiraCosta is without a doubt European influence (Italy in particular). Rooms aside, the rest of the hotel is a magnificent work of art. I've stayed at many hotels in Las Vegas as well (Venetian included), and the MiraCosta still remains on the top of my list of best hotels in the world.
                                    Last edited by TDR_Fan; 10-12-2006, 08:12 PM.

Comment

Sorry to ask yet another question but how do I get my luggage delivered to the MiraCosta when I check out of the Ambassador? It says on the official website that the only place to get the baggage delivery service is the Welcome Center and Ikspiari. But I don't want to be dragging my suitcases all the way there. I don't see any mention of a baggage delivery service in the hotels, so what should I do? Maybe walk over to the MiraCosta since it's not that far of a walk, or will they let me take my suitcases aboard the Disney Resort Cruiser?
                                      When checking out, just mention to the person at the counter that you are checking in at the Hotel Miracosta and I`m sure they will take care of it.

If not, then you can either take it with you on one of the cruisers or walk through Ikspirari (sp?) to the Welcome Center and get them to deliver it (but I`m pretty sure you won`t have to take it to the Welcome Center)

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
                                        Like TDR_FAN said, it`s the location and atmosphere. The hotels just outside the resort like the Hilton are worth it $ wise if you just consider the size of the rooms.

If you are going to go to TDR for a few days and you cannot afford staying at the Hotel Miracosta for your whole stay, then I recommend staying at the Hotel Miracosta on the final night. On your last day, go to TDS so all you have to do is walk straight into the hotel (it`s a short walk). The view from your hotel room at night is quite wonderful
                                        and it won`t feel like you have left TDS
                                        The checkout time is at noon the next day so make sure you have a room overlooking the harbor because you`ll be able to see the "Meet and Smile" show from the comfort of your own room (another unique experience)

Comment

Yet another question about reserving a room....

If I happened to know the room number (for example- 4143), can I reserve that specific room? I've never heard anybody talk about this, so I was just curious.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                          Working...
                                          X