X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tokoyo Disney Questions.

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    TDS can definitely be done in a day. get there early and leave before closing time. You will have enough time to do all rides and all main shows, plus take in the excellent atmosphere of the park and sample food. Speaking of food... there is almost every imaginable choice available... american, chinese, mexican, seafood, curry/indian, snacks of all types, etc etc etc... TDS is a culinary heaven.
    To tell you the truth, one day is not enough for me to truly explore Tokyo DisneySea. I visited for 2 FULL days and STILL did not see everything. There is just so much theming in that park that it will take many trips in order for me to fully see it all. Tokyo Disneyland on the other hand, can be done in a day for me. Since I don't have to slow down and admire the details, I can easily do all the attractions in Tokyo Disneyland in one day. That is, skipping the B-C ticket attractions such as Dumbo and the Teacups. Even with those, I can still do the whole park in a day. Luckily, I spent more time at Tokyo DisneySea than Tokyo Disneyland.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

You can do most everything in one day. You will feel that there was a lot that you didn't get to see. Like every detailed room in Fortress Explorations, I never have time for that and every time that I do it, I find something new. The S.S. Columbia is also fun to walk around on, something I can't find time for. I also like walking through Ariel's Playground, no time for that either. These are minor things that are indeed wondeful, but are not necessary. TDS is best when sucked in slowly, but it can be done in one day.

Comment

Theroretically, all the Disney parks can be done in a single day. It all depends on what type of person you are. If you are an attractions person, then you will most likely be able to do both Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea in one day. However, you may find parks such as MGM-Studios or Animal Kingdom to be only half-day parks because they have very little in the way of attractions. If you are a person who appreciates theming and atmosphere, you will no doubt fill up an entire day regardless of which Disney park you're at. In the case of Tokyo DisneySea, you'll need AT LEAST 2 FULL days to fully take in all the theming and atmosphere (even that may not be enough considering how many details are in that park).

Comment

My Two Cents:

Tokyo DisneySea is a must-see park. It may be the best park in the world. Completely unique. And the staff is the best you'll ever encounter in a theme park anywhere.

Tip: Take your time and stroll through the park. Don't run from attraction to attraction. Every corner you turn will amaze you with a new vista.

Tip: Be sure to take the boat tour of the park. It's easily overlooked yet it offers you unique views you can only get from the boat.

Tip: When walking through the park the first time, don't take the shortcut that goes through the middle of the park. Take the outer walkway as you'll miss a lot otherwise.

Food: When you find a restaurant that's serving the type of food you want, grab it. That's because every single restaurant in the park has a different menu. And they serve every type of food imaginable. We ate at the American-style deli in the New York Harbor section. The food was excellent although the portions are smaller than what we are used to (Japanese-sized).

Rides: Don't miss Journey To The Center Of The Earth. It's a completely unique ride that is absolutely amazing. Also don't miss the easily-overlooked Little Mermaid show. It's beautiful and awesome.

Remember, take your time in this park. Explore. Enjoy.

Comment

So, as it turns out, we will only be able to visit in March. How is Japan in March? WHat is going on in Japan then? Any big holidays? WIll the CHerry Blossoms be a bloomin'?

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Missviolet View Post
              So, as it turns out, we will only be able to visit in March. How is Japan in March? WHat is going on in Japan then? Any big holidays? WIll the CHerry Blossoms be a bloomin'?

As long as you don't visit during Spring Break, I'm sure you'll be fine. Cherry Blossoms usually bloom around late March- April, so that depends on when you actually visit.

Comment

Ahh ok. When exactly is spring break in Japan? When is Golden day (I think it's called)? Is it going to be freakin' freazing there?

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

Originally posted by Missviolet View Post
                  Ahh ok. When exactly is spring break in Japan? When is Golden day (I think it's called)? Is it going to be freakin' freazing there?
                  Spring Break is from the second week to the end of March.

Golden Week starts on April 29th and ends one week later.

There should be nice weather. Good luck.

JoeInJpn
                  http://www.jtcent.com
                  JoeInJpn
                  Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
                  For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
                  Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Comment

Tokyo is slighty warmer than the East Coast of the US, just for a point of reference. So, if it's 45 degrees in New York, it will probably be about 53 to 55 degrees in Tokyo. Dress accordingly!

Comment

Originally posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
                      Tokyo is slighty warmer than the East Coast of the US, just for a point of reference. So, if it's 45 degrees in New York, it will probably be about 53 to 55 degrees in Tokyo. Dress accordingly!
                      Well, that is a pretty good rough gauge to go by. (I never thought of it that way)
                      But it also tends to rain a bit more than New York esp. during the rainy season.

Comment

It's been in the 70's and very sunny here in Tokyo for the past 3 days. Perfect weather to be at TDR!!!

Comment

It's been in the 70's and very sunny here in Tokyo for the past 3 days. Perfect weather to be at TDR!!!
                          To tell you the truth, I actually would prefer a light rain over sunny skies because rain keeps the crowds away. But not too much that it warrants a cancellation of the lagoon shows. I hope it rains all week, especially on Friday and Saturday while I'm there this July.

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                            To tell you the truth, I actually would prefer a light rain over sunny skies because rain keeps the crowds away. But not too much that it warrants a cancellation of the lagoon shows. I hope it rains all week, especially on Friday and Saturday while I'm there this July.
                            That does not apply to TDR. Yesterday, we had light to moderate rain showers for most of the day and both TDS and TDL were PACKED to the gills from 8am to 10pm. Lines were long all over both parks in every area... rides, shows, cashier lines at shops, restrooms... and I mean everywhere. Rain had very little effect in regards to crowds yesterday, and trust me... it was a most uncomfortable day at the park due to the damp conditions.... Furthermore... all shows at TDL (parade, Minnie O minnie, Lighting ceremony...etc) and TDS' Mythica and all outdoor shows WERE CANCELLED as well. Only the rainy day parade, BraviSEAmo and Candlelight Reflections (with characters performing in rain coats) performed yesterday as conditions improved somewhat in the evening.. It was a "sea of umbrellas" all over the parks.

Today of course... it's sunny and cool here in Tokyo... go figure.

Comment

That does not apply to TDR. Yesterday, we had light to moderate rain showers for most of the day and both TDS and TDL were PACKED to the gills from 8am to 10pm. Lines were long all over both parks in every area... rides, shows, cashier lines at shops, restrooms... and I mean everywhere. Rain had very little effect in regards to crowds yesterday, and trust me... it was a most uncomfortable day at the park due to the damp conditions.... Furthermore... all shows at TDL (parade, Minnie O minnie, Lighting ceremony...etc) and TDS' Mythica and all outdoor shows WERE CANCELLED as well. Only the rainy day parade, BraviSEAmo and Candlelight Reflections (with characters performing in rain coats) performed yesterday as conditions improved somewhat in the evening..

Today of course... it's sunny and cool here in Tokyo... go figure.
                              Maybe the fact that it was a Saturday and the first weekend of Christmas celebrations had something to do with it? When I was there, crowds were non-existant. And very strangely, I heard that summer crowds were not very big this entire summer either.

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                                Maybe the fact that it was a Saturday and the first weekend of Christmas celebrations had something to do with it? When I was there, crowds were non-existant. And very strangely, I heard that summer crowds were not very big this entire summer either.
                                Oh I heard they were as big as ever. Summer doesn't start until late July to the end of August, avoid that time. And yes, that's a good reason for the crowds.
                                Last edited by DisneySeaFan; 11-11-2006, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
                                  Oh I heard they were as big as ever. Summer doesn't start until late July to the end of August, avoid that time. And yes, that's a good reason for the crowds.
                                  So would July 20 or 21 be considered "summer"? I sure hope not because this will be my first time spending time at Tokyo Disneyland on a weekend! I don't really have any worries for Tokyo DisneySea because it's usually manageable when compared to Tokyo Disneyland.

Comment

Working...
                                  X