Announcement

Collapse

Reminder

It is against MiceChat's rules to promote any violations of Disney's rules. Members who choose to brag about breaking Disney's rules, or who encourage others to break Disney rules, will be immediately banned. There will be no exceptions.
See more
See less

What was wrong with Main Street?

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What was wrong with Main Street?

Suffer from what, PragmaticIdealist? It seems to be doing pretty well with the railroad like that for 20-plus years.

Comment

A grand circle tour is needed to tie the entire experience together. It's a storytelling thing that Tokyo Disneyland just doesn't have.

Comment

I agree that Tokyo is missing that part of the storytelling experience. However, it makes up for it in other areas. Since the railroad is for the Western Rivers, the current version suits the area well, though.

Comment

I'm also glad that Tokyo Disneyland has not changed it's logo yet. The thing is, they also have a resort-wide logo that incorporates both parks...like WDW does. I like that each park has it's distinct logo in tact though.

To me, the thing about using the "Walt" font, is that it's now too commonplace. You've got it on everything "Disney", and it's overused. So, now that Walt Disney World, Disneyland Paris, and Hong Kong Disneyland all use that font, it just makes them further homoginized. I'm glad that Disneyland went back to the old gothic font. I would not mind if each park had it's own lettering, like they used to. The old WDW logo doesn't bother me either, and doesn't scream "retro" to me all that much.

As for World Bazaar, yeah, it was originally intended to be much like World Showcase at Epcot. The renderings all have it looking very modern too, and VERY 70's! Once OLC put their foot down and said they wanted it to look like Main Street, the name had already stuck. So, it's not really all that "worldly" now, but that's OLC's doing, not WDI's. Oh, and the glass covering may look bad, but it's supposed to be Victorian, and look like the Grand Palais at the Paris Exhibition in 1900. Yeah, a more modern, less obvious covering like Universal Japan would be nice, but it would not be in keeping with the Victorian theme.
          Meow

Comment

Originally posted by gurgi
            I'm also glad that Tokyo Disneyland has not changed it's logo yet.
            Actually, the TDL logo did change briefly to the Walt font a few years ago but that lasted only about a year. I still have souvenirs of the park sporting the Walt font on them. Didn't seem to have gone well... so they decided to switch back to the original font but with a new castle logo to go with it as oppsed to the big mickey face in circle within a D, which was the original TDL logo for many years.

As for World Bazaar's canopy... it doesn't photograph all that well but it sure is unique and quite cosmetically pleasant in real life.

Comment

Working...
            X