This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's next for TDL's Tomorrowland

Thanks for answering that Joe. Just out of curiosity, do you think they will ever implement a Tokyo Disneyland Early Entry program? I wonder why they haven't yet, perhaps they are making Tokyo DisneySea appeal more to the guests?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Just wait until the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel opens. There is a rumor that there will be a guest-exclusive entrance, perhaps even underground access into the Park.

JoeInJpn
      http://www.jtcent.com
      JoeInJpn
      Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
      For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
      Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeInJpn View Post
        Just wait until the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel opens. There is a rumor that there will be a guest-exclusive entrance, perhaps even underground access into the Park.

JoeInJpn
        Odds are that an early entry program will be introduced shortly after the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel opens.

Interestingly enough, plans exist to eventually tear down DL's Disneyland Hotel. As much as I live the landmark, the sacrafice would be bearable if it means added land for future DCA expansion.
        To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeInJpn View Post

JoeInJpn
          I wonder how that will work, especially since the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is not particularily close to the entrance of the park (unlike the Grand Californian, Disneyland Hotel (Paris), and the MiraCosta). You would have to walk under the monorail station (if this underground passage rumor is true), past the ticket gates, and finally into the entrance plaza.

Unless guests are allowed early entry through this rumored passage, I don't see the point of it since you can just walk out from the hotel and walk the same distance (unlike the MiraCosta where the private entrance leads you directly from inside the hotel to Mediterranean Harbor).

And wasn't OLC worried that adding an exclusive entrance to Tokyo Disneyland for hotel guests would make the hotel too popular since most people would jump at the chance of being able to enter the park more quickly? I'm sure most people would rather enter Tokyo Disneyland earlier than Tokyo DisneySea, and that was the main reason I thought they decided to keep an exclusive entrace for Tokyo DisneySea only.

Comment

You will never see Mission Space built at any other Disney park. It's a ride that literally kills people with previous ailments (both known and unknown) at a higher rate than any other Disney ride--reason probably being that not only are the G forces sustained for longer, but it's not a roller coaster and people just don't get how dangerous it can be by looking at it (in other words, it doesn't look "scary").

Joe, thanks for clarifying the dates for the Monsters Inc ride and new hotel.

Why isn't it feasible to have a direct underground entrance from the Tokyo Disneyland hotel to Tokyo Disneyland? Haven't you been on any of the moving walkways at airports around the world? It could be done very easily and would help to justify extremely high room rates (if they wanted to do that). Frankly, I can't imagine what the "high" room rates would be since the existing Miracosta and Ambassador are absurdly expensive as it is, but by the time the hotel opens, if it has this type of exclusive access (it's own gate or underground access), I think the least expensive room will be $550 to $600 a night. Maybe that'll take some of the pressure off the Miracosta and Ambassador and their rates will drop a bit. Or not.

Comment

Originally posted by The Goddess Mara View Post
              Why isn't it feasible to have a direct underground entrance from the Tokyo Disneyland hotel to Tokyo Disneyland? Haven't you been on any of the moving walkways at airports around the world? It could be done very easily and would help to justify extremely high room rates (if they wanted to do that). Frankly, I can't imagine what the "high" room rates would be since the existing Miracosta and Ambassador are absurdly expensive as it is, but by the time the hotel opens, if it has this type of exclusive access (it's own gate or underground access), I think the least expensive room will be $550 to $600 a night. Maybe that'll take some of the pressure off the Miracosta and Ambassador and their rates will drop a bit. Or not.
              Why would having an exclusive entrance boost the room rates so much? The MiraCosta is only expensive because of the excellent views it provides. Seeing as the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel cannot even compare (especially the part facing the train tracks), I doubt rates will be above the MiraCosta's. Maybe somewhere between the Ambassador and the MiraCosta. I'm actually guessing that the cheapest rooms will be LESS EXPENSIVE than the Ambassador because of its urban view.

And the reason why OLC decided against the guest exclusive entrance (and I heard this from a very reliable source) was because it would make the hotel too popular compared to the MiraCosta. Reason being that many people would prefer an early entry into Tokyo Disneyland rather than Tokoy DisneySea. Now I'm not sure if they decided yet, but I'm pretty sure they decided against having any kind of guest exclusive entrance into the park.

Besides, can you imagine the crowds if there were to be a private entrance for hotel guests? Everybody would be lining up in the hotel to be the first ones in. It would cause a lot of chaos, as well as make the non-hotel guests jealous. The reason why this works well at Tokyo DisneySea is because it's not as popular as Tokyo Disneyland. Many guests would jump at the chance at being able to enter Tokyo Disneyland faster.

Comment

Working...
              X