Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Does Miracosta H offer family suites?

Originally posted by JoeInJpn View Post
    The first time I stayed at the MiraCosta was a week after the Park opened. We had a room facing the Piazza Topolino on the 4th floor (right underneath the Seiko clock). It was a perfectly centered view of the volcano. We were right above the action of the Piazza and had a great view of the "DisneySea Symphony" show.

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    Were you staying inside in a Superior Room, or was it a suite?
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

I've got another question I've been dying to ask. Has anyone ever peeked inside the Il Magnifico Suite at the MiraCosta. It's insanely expensive at about $4315/night! I wonder which wing it's located on and whether or not it's located on the Porto Paradiso Side. Surely it must offer a Harbor View for the rates they're charging?

Comment

TDR_Fan, I was staying in a Superior Room.
        JoeInJpn
        Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
        For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
        Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Comment

TDR_Fan, I was staying in a Superior Room.
          Thanks. Have you ever stayed in one of the suites before? I was thinking of reserving one, but they are just so expensive! It wouldn't be worth it if I'm spending most of my time at the parks.

Comment

Can anyone explain why a piazza view costs more than a partial harbor view? From the photo showing the views, it looks like the partial harbor views are more attractive. What's blocking the partial views? What's to see on the piazzas?

Comment

Originally posted by Queenie View Post
              Can anyone explain why a piazza view costs more than a partial harbor view? From the photo showing the views, it looks like the partial harbor views are more attractive. What's blocking the partial views? What's to see on the piazzas?

The Piazza View offers excellent views of both the plazas and a bit of the lagoon as well. Partial View offers something similar to the Piazza View, but about 50% of your peripheral vision will be block by some sort of building. So in short, half of your view will be good while the other half is blocked.

Comment

Here is a listing of room views for the MiraCosta:

A - Complete View (guaranteed)
                B - Full View
                C - Partial View
                D - No View
                Not listed - No view

REGULAR ROOMS
                Tuscany Side
                - Superior & Triple (Aqua BCD)

Venice Side
                - Superior & Triple (Columbia BCD; Canals BC)

Porto Paradiso Side
                - Superior Partial (Prometheus CD; Lido Isle CD)
                - Superior Piazza (Prometheus BC; Columbia CD; Lido Isle BCD; Canals from Rm. 375 only)
                - Superior Harbor (Prometheus A; Lido Isle B)
                - Triple Room Piazza (Prometheus BC)

SPECIAL ROOMS & SUITES
                Venice Side
                - Terrace Room (Prometheus CD; Columbia BC; Canals B)

Porto Paradiso Side
                - Terrace (Prometheus BC; Columbia BCD; Lido Isle BCD)
                - Harbor (Prometheus A; Columbia CD; Lido Isle B)
                - Porto Suite & MiraCosta Suite & Il Magnifico Suite (Prometheus A; Lido Isle B)

JoeInJpn
                JoeInJpn
                Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
                For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
                Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Comment

Joe, do you have any information on the newly built "balcony rooms"? I believe there are 6 of them, all located above the BellaVista Lounge.

Comment

Here is a listing of room views for the MiraCosta:

A - Complete View (guaranteed)
                    B - Full View
                    C - Partial View
                    D - No View
                    Not listed - No view

REGULAR ROOMS
                    Tuscany Side
                    - Superior & Triple (Aqua BCD)

Venice Side
                    - Superior & Triple (Columbia BCD; Canals BC)

Porto Paradiso Side
                    - Superior Partial (Prometheus CD; Lido Isle CD)
                    - Superior Piazza (Prometheus BC; Columbia CD; Lido Isle BCD; Canals from Rm. 375 only)
                    - Triple Room Piazza (Prometheus BC)

SPECIAL ROOMS & SUITES
                    Venice Side
                    - Terrace Room (Prometheus CD; Columbia BC; Canals B)

Porto Paradiso Side
                    - Terrace (Prometheus BC; Columbia BCD; Lido Isle BCD)
                    - Harbor (Prometheus A; Columbia CD; Lido Isle B)
                    - Porto Suite & MiraCosta Suite & Il Magnifico Suite (Prometheus A; Lido Isle B)

JoeInJpn
                    Thanks, Joe, that was helpful. It seems that with a Piazza view you get some view of Mt. Prometheus, but with a partial harbor view you probably won't.

Comment

I finally made my reservation for the Ambassador Hotel yesterday. I booked a standard room on the standard floor for 2 nights; the grand total was $780. I'm currently trying to get through to make my reservation for the Hotel MiraCosta, but the lines are very busy. I've been trying for almost three hours now! I have a feeling the balcony room I've been eyeing for a while now will be gone by the time I get through.

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                        I finally made my reservation for the Ambassador Hotel yesterday. I booked a standard room on the standard floor for 2 nights; the grand total was $780. I'm currently trying to get through to make my reservation for the Hotel MiraCosta, but the lines are very busy. I've been trying for almost three hours now! I have a feeling the balcony room I've been eyeing for a while now will be gone by the time I get through.
                        What TDR_Fan is saying that this: "EVERYONE is invited to crash in my room!!! so come on down!!!""

I am so there!!!!

Comment

Bad news. By the time I got through to the reservation center, the balcony rooms were all gone. And I couldn't book a room for the entire duration of our stay. They told me that only the Tuscany and Venice Side Rooms were completely free. The Piazza View was vacant for three nights, and the Harbor View only one. When I questioned about why the Harbor View was restricted to one day, they told me it was to keep up with the high demand. So I will have to call back again tomorrow, the day after, and so on until I get Harbor View Superior Rooms (or Balcony Room!) for the entire stay. I've got a long week ahead of me. If tomorrow's anything like today, I'll be up calling for hours. I sure hope there's a balcony room left for me tomorrow and the subsequent days after.

Comment

Ok. Due to some odd rule that you can only stay a maximum of 5 nights in total at any of their hotels, I had to cancel my resevations for the Ambassador Hotel so that I could stay at the MiraCosta for the full 5 nights. :rant:

Comment

Just finished making the reservation. They only had smoking rooms though, so I'm a bit nervous. I'm a non-smoker and hate the smell of smoke; never tried it and never will. My question is if the smell of smoke lingers in the bed sheets, matress, curtains, etc after the smoker has left the room, or do they clean it after each use? I really don't want to smell any smoke when I'm in the room, but had no choice as the balcony room seems to be smoking only.

Comment

Anyone know what's up with the reservation center today? Every time I try to call, the Japanese recording comes on and then just cuts me off. No English recording at all. Is there a reason for this?

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                                  Just finished making the reservation. They only had smoking rooms though, so I'm a bit nervous. I'm a non-smoker and hate the smell of smoke; never tried it and never will. My question is if the smell of smoke lingers in the bed sheets, matress, curtains, etc after the smoker has left the room, or do they clean it after each use? I really don't want to smell any smoke when I'm in the room, but had no choice as the balcony room seems to be smoking only.
                                  You've never been in a smoking hotel room? Do you think they clean the carpet, furniture upholstory, curtains, and so on after every smoking guest, especially considering that the next guest has booked a smoking room as well? Based on my experience, a non-smoker in a smoking hotel room can expect to get anything from one extreme to another. I've been in a room where the only way I knew it was a smoking room was because of the provided ashtrays, and others are absolutely unbearable.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDry View Post
                                    You've never been in a smoking hotel room? Do you think they clean the carpet, furniture upholstory, curtains, and so on after every smoking guest, especially considering that the next guest has booked a smoking room as well? Based on my experience, a non-smoker in a smoking hotel room can expect to get anything from one extreme to another. I've been in a room where the only way I knew it was a smoking room was because of the provided ashtrays, and others are absolutely unbearable.
                                    I've heard of them spraying something to mask the smell of smoke, but that's it. Now that I think about it, I could've stayed in a smoking room before. This is the first time they've actually told me that I reserved a smoking room; the other hotels usually don't give me a choice of non-smoking and smoking and even if they did, I always pick non-smoking.

Comment

Working...
                                    X