Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Castle changes

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Castle changes

    I love tokyo disneyland and its cinderlla castle but I hate the fact that the castle looks almost exactley like cinderella castle in disney world. I know that it has been painted but I don't think thats enough. I would like the castle to be stript down and completely remodeled for its 25th. I would want the castle to stay the same style and color scheme but be architecturallyl different enough to make it stand out. Does any one agree or know if there are any such plans underway?


    Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

  • #2
    Re: Castle changes

    You are late. The TDL castle has just bee remodeled and re-painted in a different color scheme than that of the MK castle and IMO... looks nicer than the MK's right now. But the MK castle is also in the midst of a repainting job...

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Castle changes

      Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
      You are late. The TDL castle has just bee remodeled and re-painted in a different color scheme than that of the MK castle and IMO... looks nicer than the MK's right now. But the MK castle is also in the midst of a repainting job...

      I believe that TBAAFAN knew about the new color scheme but wanted the castle to be different architecturally to distinguish itself from the Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom.
      ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Castle changes

        Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
        I believe that TBAAFAN knew about the new color scheme but wanted the castle to be different architecturally to distinguish itself from the Cinderella Castle at the Magic Kingdom.

        Yes I know about the new color scheme and I love it. But I don't think that is enough to make the castle stand out. Does anyone agree?
        Last edited by TBAAFAN; 11-26-2006, 03:44 PM.


        Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Castle changes

          Originally posted by TBAAFAN View Post
          Yes I know about the new color scheme and I love it. But I don't think that is enough to make the castle stand out. Does anyone agree?
          Obviously not. Having seen the new color at WDW, I wholeheartedly agree, the new color scheme at TDL is much much better.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Castle changes

            Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
            Obviously not. Having seen the new color at WDW, I wholeheartedly agree, the new color scheme at TDL is much much better.
            Yes it is much much better. But color alone is not enough. Tokyo's castle needs to stand out. I want people to look at a picture of Tokyo's castle and say "Yes that's Tokyo Disneyland's Cinderella castle" (The outside of Tokyo's Haunted Mansion needs to change with Cinderella castle)


            Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Castle changes

              Why change whats working?? there haunted mansion has unique touches... there castle has unique touches..

              the oriental land company chose the designs for the park based on the best of each park at the time. how would anyone mistake TDL's castle for WDW when it has such a nice paint job with it's gold detail and dark stone.

              WDW would never go that deep...

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Castle changes

                Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
                Why change whats working?? there haunted mansion has unique touches... there castle has unique touches..

                the oriental land company chose the designs for the park based on the best of each park at the time. how would anyone mistake TDL's castle for WDW when it has such a nice paint job with it's gold detail and dark stone.

                WDW would never go that deep...

                Because it's the icon of the park and I want the park to stand out in the croud. (The new castle could use the same color scheme.)

                I just wanted to know if there are plans to change the castle even more.
                I am shore they must plan on doing something to the castle for the big 25th. (I just hope it doesn't involve turning the castle into a big pink cake.)


                Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Castle changes

                  Believe me, TDLfan knows what he is talking about, WDW's castle is much lighter in color than TDL's castle is and TDL's castle is much better.

                  They might have something planed to do, or just leave it looking great.. They could as you say, bring this to toyko...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Castle changes

                    Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
                    Believe me, TDLfan knows what he is talking about, WDW's castle is much lighter in color than TDL's castle is and TDL's castle is much better.

                    They might have something planed to do, or just leave it looking great.. They could as you say, bring this to toyko...

                    I know Tokyo's castle is much better. I just would like for the castle to be one of a kind. But that's just my opinion. (I guess I am just being too picky. But I love Tokyo Disneyland the way it is anyway.)


                    Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Castle changes

                      Architecturally this would be enough change for me. (As long as the new castle color scheme stays)


                      Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Castle changes

                        Why not change the castle's look at the MK. After all... the entire MK needs major renovations, so why not start there?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Castle changes

                          :ot: But, why did everyone hate that castle cake makeover at the Magic Kingdom? Was it because the castle was pink?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Castle changes

                            Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
                            :ot: But, why did everyone hate that castle cake makeover at the Magic Kingdom? Was it because the castle was pink?
                            I think it was because it looked very tacky and misplaced. It ruined what could've been a wonderful view, at least that's what I think. I'm sure most people would rather have their pictures taken in front of a majestic fairy tale castle than a giant birthday cake.
                            ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Castle changes

                              Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
                              :ot: But, why did everyone hate that castle cake makeover at the Magic Kingdom? Was it because the castle was pink?
                              Anyone who thinks they applied "pink" to the MK castle has got to have their eyes examinated. That color is NOT pink. More like a lighter shade of beige. Pink is more like what they have at DLP and HKDL at the moment.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Castle changes

                                Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                Why not change the castle's look at the MK. After all... the entire MK needs major renovations, so why not start there?

                                Because Walt Disney World came first. (It would be like changing Dileyland's castle) And do you think Disney would pay to change the castle, but olc might.


                                Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Castle changes

                                  Originally posted by TBAAFAN View Post
                                  Because Walt Disney World came first.
                                  Hoop-dee-doo. That's no excuse. May I remind you it is WDW that has been breaking walt's traditions for the longest time, as opposed to OLC upholding them and running their Tokyo parks the proper way?? but you are quite correct about one thing: WDW management is cheap.

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Castle changes

                                    Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                                    Hoop-dee-doo. That's no excuse. May I remind you it is WDW that has been breaking walt's traditions for the longest time, as opposed to OLC upholding them and running their Tokyo parks the proper way?? but you are quite correct about one thing: WDW management is cheap.

                                    True, but if Disney changes the castle at Disney World could you imagine the Disney World fans complaining left and right.:verymad: :verymad: :verymad:


                                    Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Castle changes

                                      Originally posted by TBAAFAN View Post
                                      True, but if Disney changes the castle at Disney World could you imagine the Disney World fans complaining left and right.:verymad: :verymad: :verymad:
                                      Well, can you imagine all the TDL fan complaining??? But I agree with you, the castle is magnificent, but it is hard to distinguish between the two at first glance. But the way it is right now is ok, no need to change an already marvolous castle. Btw, can someone please post pics of MK's and TDL's side by side? Thanx.

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Castle changes

                                        Originally posted by TBAAFAN View Post
                                        True, but if Disney changes the castle at Disney World could you imagine the Disney World fans complaining left and right.:verymad: :verymad: :verymad:
                                        Then why don't we knock down Hong Kong's Castle because it is identical to California's? As a matter of fact, why don't we get rid of Space Mountain in all Disney parks because each park should be original?

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X