• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TBAAFAN
    MiceChatter
    • Nov 2006

Re: Castle changes

Originally posted by Mathius View Post
    Then why don't we knock down Hong Kong's Castle because it is identical to California's? As a matter of fact, why don't we get rid of Space Mountain in all Disney parks because each park should be original?

Hong Kong's castle should be knocked down. And all the Space mountains should be different in some way.

Have a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious day!

Comment

• FI183
      Banned User
      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by TBAAFAN View Post
      Hong Kong's castle should be knocked down. And all the Space mountains should be different in some way.
      I can think...nevermind, I've thought of several diffrent design for Space Mountain that are all original and follow the "man-made mountain" comcept.

Comment

• Disney Magic
        • Apr 2006

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
        Anyone who thinks they applied "pink" to the MK castle has got to have their eyes examinated. That color is NOT pink. More like a lighter shade of beige. Pink is more like what they have at DLP and HKDL at the moment.
        Absolutely right, after seeing the castle for myself this past week I can also say there is NO pink on WDW's castle.

When I first saw pics of the paint it did appear pinkish but in person definatly not pink.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

• DisneyIPresume
          Beach Expert
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mathius View Post
          Then why don't we knock down Hong Kong's Castle because it is identical to California's? As a matter of fact, why don't we get rid of Space Mountain in all Disney parks because each park should be original?
          Can someone explain why HK's castle is the same as DL's? I thought that they were all supposed to be different, and then along comes HKDL which is basically a carbon copy of the original at DL.

Comment

• TDR_Fan
            MiceChatter
            • Feb 2006

Originally posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
            Can someone explain why HK's castle is the same as DL's? I thought that they were all supposed to be different, and then along comes HKDL which is basically a carbon copy of the original at DL.
            I think it was because they wanted to keep the park similar to the original Disneyland as possible, while implementing unique touches here and there. e.g. Adventureland

Reason why Main Street, U.S.A is identical, along with Sleeping Beauty Castle.
            Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

• Malin
              MiceChatter
              • Jan 2005

Hong Kong Disneyland was built on a limited budget and building huge expensive castle would of cut into the budget for the remainder of the park which is often criticise for being too small and not enough things to do.Soo building a copy of the one in California seem like a smarter choice at the time.

Atleast we havn't got a replicular of the Palace from Mulan in place of the castle like the Hong Kong Govement first wanted.
              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

• TDLFAN
                Banned User
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Malin View Post
                Hong Kong Disneyland was built on a limited budget and building huge expensive castle would of cut into the budget for the remainder of the park which is often criticise for being too small and not enough things to do.Soo building a copy of the one in California seem like a smarter choice at the time.
                They also saved money by re-cycling the old blueprints from DL's construction, so they set out to imitate the original DL from the beginning. ON PURPOSE.

Comment

• TDLFAN
                  Banned User
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by TBAAFAN View Post
                  True, but if Disney changes the castle at Disney World could you imagine the Disney World fans complaining left and right.:verymad: :verymad: :verymad:
                  In regards to their opinions... who cares? Disney management certainly doesn't, so why should we/I?

Originally posted by mathius
                  As a matter of fact, why don't we get rid of Space Mountain in all Disney parks because each park should be original?
                  Fine with me, since I find Space Mountain to be one of Disney's most overrated rides EVER, right up there with the 5th dimension version of TOT at MGM.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X