Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Question about mountain height.

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Question about mountain height.

    Does anyone know the height of Mount Promeathius (sp?) at TDS?
    - Horizonsfan

  • #2
    Re: Question about mountain height.

    It's 51 metres tall I think. Does this help you? (It's spelt Mount Prometheus)

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Question about mountain height.

      Thanks for the info. Sorry for the butchered spelling.
      - Horizonsfan

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Question about mountain height.

        On a similar note, does anyone know if Mount Prometheus is the icon/symbol of Tokyo DisneySea, or does that title belong to the AquaSphere? Or does Tokyo DisneySea have two icons?
        ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Question about mountain height.

          Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
          On a similar note, does anyone know if Mount Prometheus is the icon/symbol of Tokyo DisneySea, or does that title belong to the AquaSphere? Or does Tokyo DisneySea have two icons?
          It's got two.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Question about mountain height.

            Originally posted by DisneySeaFan View Post
            It's got two.
            That's what I thought. Is it the only Disney park to have two icons?
            ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Question about mountain height.

              Yeah but, isn't the aquasphere TDS's mickey floral? So I guess it's sort of what is the mickey floral?
              - Horizonsfan

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Question about mountain height.

                Originally posted by horizonsfan92 View Post
                Yeah but, isn't the aquasphere TDS's mickey floral? So I guess it's sort of what is the mickey floral?
                I don't think so. I've read that the AquaSphere is the true icon of Tokyo DisneySea because it's located in the park and resort logo. Plus it actually has a name. Aside from the location, it has nothing in common with the Mickey Floral.
                ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Question about mountain height.

                  Found another interesting tidbit:

                  The AquaSphere is Disney's first attempt at an icon in the entrance of a park, as opposed to the usual center of the park (which is where Mount Prometheus comes in). So that confirms it; Tokyo DisneySea has two icons! :thumbup:
                  ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Question about mountain height.

                    Both Mt. Prometheus and the DisneySea AquaSphere are the Park icons.

                    JoeInJpn
                    http://www.jtcent.com
                    JoeInJpn
                    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
                    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
                    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Question about mountain height.

                      Originally posted by JoeInJpn View Post
                      Both Mt. Prometheus and the DisneySea AquaSphere are the Park icons.

                      JoeInJpn
                      http://www.jtcent.com

                      Thank you for confirming. Until now, I never knew Tokyo DisneySea had two icons. Very interesting; it makes me wonder how they classify a structure as an icon inside a Disney park. Does it have to meet certain requirments in order to be considered an icon? Over at Disney MGM-Studios, there has been constant debate about whether or not the icon is the Earful Tower or the Sorcerer Mickey Hat. The latter seems to have replaced the Earful Tower as the icon, as all maps and merchandise have been modified to incoropate the Hat as the icon.
                      ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Question about mountain height.

                        Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                        Found another interesting tidbit:

                        The AquaSphere is Disney's first attempt at an icon in the entrance of a park, as opposed to the usual center of the park (which is where Mount Prometheus comes in). So that confirms it; Tokyo DisneySea has two icons! :thumbup:
                        Hmm, I guess that depends on what you define the entrance to be.

                        Epcot's Spaceship Earth is basically the entrance to the park.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Question about mountain height.

                          In the Disney University for TDS castmembers they teach that although the mountain is used in advertisements the AquaSphere is the symbol for TDS.
                          Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
                          https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Question about mountain height.

                            Originally posted by SanctumSolitude View Post
                            Hmm, I guess that depends on what you define the entrance to be.

                            Epcot's Spaceship Earth is basically the entrance to the park.
                            I would define the entrance as the area you first enter in a park after you pass the turnstiles. Spaceship Earth is indeed very close to the entrance, but I would classify it as part of Future World. The entrance of Epcot is that plaza with all the "Leave a Legacy" sculptures.
                            ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Question about mountain height.

                              Originally posted by ichigopara View Post
                              In the Disney University for TDS castmembers they teach that although the mountain is used in advertisements the AquaSphere is the symbol for TDS.
                              That's weird. On the official Tokyo Disney Resort website, it lists Mt. Prometheus as the "symbol" of Tokyo DisneySea.
                              ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X