Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

TDL has lame fireworks?!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TDL has lame fireworks?!

Originally posted by ZeekSlider View Post
    I consider Remember... to be the pinnicle of the Disney Fireworks show. Provided everything goes off without any problems. There's not going to be another show like it ever again.
    Of the regular shows, yes, I agree as well.. however.. We will never EVER see truly spectacular fireworks shows as those that were presented at WDW on special ocasions back in the 70s. The Bicentennial Spectacular..to me, will always be the very best fireworks show ever presented at a Disney resort. This show was so big it had to be performed all over and around the Seven Seas Lagoon. Runner up would be the Tencennial Celebration fireworks on Oct 1st, 1981... yet another truly spectacular display to celebrated WDW's 10th anniversary, with a HUGE!!! perimeter display of white pyro that basically turned the night to daytime like I have never seen, and topped off with a flying pyrotechnic number "10" over the park! Those two shows to me will always be the very best Disney fireworks ever presented.

Comment

I don't know but whatever this is is awesome. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mf8oTcrVkvk
      Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
      The Bicentennial Spectacular..to me, will always be the very best fireworks show ever presented at a Disney resort. This show was so big it had to be performed all over and around the Seven Seas Lagoon.
      Bigger doesn't always mean better. Believe... In Holiday Magic is my favorite fireworks show ever because of the pacing, music, and emotional impact. Yeah, any Fourth of July or New Year's show worth its salt will have a lot of fireworks, but it does nothing for me if they are just randomly explode with no regard to music or pacing.

Comment

I think the Believe fireworks and the 50th fireworks at DL and the Wishes fireworks at WDW triumph the TDL fireworks any day of the week but I think TDL has to be really careful about their fireworks. They are SUPER careful about the wind conditions and stuff because there are SO many people who live right there and complain about the fireworks - probably noise and pollution wise. I think that the lack of `magic` with the current firework show conditions has to do with either the complaints from the neighboring communities (maybe pyro-wise, thats the best they can do? or maybe its the least popular attraction to Japanese people? (Maybe Japanese fans would rather have new shows, parades and rides than fireworks?) I`m not sure but thats my thought =)

Comment

Originally posted by SpokkerJones View Post
          Bigger doesn't always mean better.
          Well, that applies to WDW as a whole which is why many concider it to be the best Disney resort, which it ain't, but in regards to the comments I made about the Bicentennial fireworks show.. I saw it. It was a FABULOUS show that happened to be BIG as well. A rare thing now a days at WDW.

Comment

Originally posted by SpokkerJones View Post
            I don't know but whatever this is is awesome. http://youtube.com/watch?v=Mf8oTcrVkvk
            That was 1998's Starlight Fantasy, the 15th anniversary show. Great show that resembled EPCOT's laserphonic in music. However, the main event on that show were the projected images on the castle, but they do not reproduce well on home video due to the distance and low light conditions. I always liked how the strobes danced in sync to the music in the first act.

Comment

Working...
            X