Announcement

Collapse
See more
See less

Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

    Hey guys,

    Thought I would start a new topic to celebrate me booking my first ever trip to TDL resort!

    I am really looking forward to the trip becuase I am a huge Disney Theme park buff and I have heard so many great things about the resort. It's actually quite strange since I live in England and have been to Disney World twice, with my last trip being last May and with Disneyland Paris so near to me I have yet to visit there, but I do plan to this year since that resort is also improving!

    ANYWAY I am going on the 26th of March and staying in the Okura Tokyo bay hotel which is located right next to the resort. I was planning to stay in the great looking Mirra Costa Hotel but I left it far to late and it was fully booked.

    I also found out that there is a Shcool Holiday on when I am there but hey, to late to change it now. Just gonna stick out the crowds.

    I am looking for trips from fellow English travelers who have been to TDLR and especially UK peeps. Also has anyone stayed at the Okura Tokyo bay, I already know it's a great hotel but whats it like! Also money, I read somewhere that TDLR only takes visa Debit/Credit Cards.

    O knook forward to hearing from you all!

    Can't wait!

  • #2
    Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

    Ooh ... Tokyo! You'll have a great time. We went a few years ago and had an awesome time. Don't forget to venture out to the city too.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

      Yeah we are heading out into the City too. I love everything Japanese, Im a huge Nintendo freak and love Anime! My friend who Im going with wants to see a Sumo show...should be fun!

      Oh we are also heading down to Osaka at the end for a day at Universal!

      Pete

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

        You are going during a really lovely time of the year, hope you have a good time.
        Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
        https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

        Comment


        • #5
          Re:Money

          Originally posted by Peterwhite171 View Post
          ...Also money, I read somewhere that TDLR only takes visa Debit/Credit Cards...
          I know that they take JCB as well. I'm reasonably sure that they take Visa. Not sure about
          mastercard or American Exchange. But usually most places take all of these.

          Just checked. Their website just mentions that they take JCB and "other" major credit cards.
          No description of what constitutes "major."

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

            "Others" mean Diner's Club, Visa, American Express, Master Card, CarteBlanche and some other credit cards. JCB only gets mentioned because they are one of the many resort sponsors and are contractually bound to name them exclusively in their printed advertisement.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

              Hi fellow Brit!

              I will also be out in TDL from 3-7 April 2007. this is my first trip to Tokyo and i'm really excited. i hate to say this but i am staying at the Miracosta (boy is it expensive) but this is a once in a lifetime trip for me so i had to go for it.

              Not sure what sort of info i can really give you as i haven't been yet, but i have been planning this trip for well over a year. i responded to someone asking questions on a thread over at rather than type out the same info i'll just post the link as i'm lazy.
              http://forums./showthread.php?t=111170

              if you have any further questions that you think i can answer let me know.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

                Originally posted by it398 View Post
                Hi fellow Brit!

                I will also be out in TDL from 3-7 April 2007. this is my first trip to Tokyo and i'm really excited. i hate to say this but i am staying at the Miracosta (boy is it expensive) but this is a once in a lifetime trip for me so i had to go for it.
                If I may ask, what type of room did you book for the MiraCosta? Do you know what side you're on (Tuscany, Venice, or Porto Paradiso)? And if you are on the Porto Paradiso Side, which view did you request? Partial, Piazza, or Harbor? I ask this because it's always interesting to see what view people prefer. Personally, I've grown to the Porto Paradiso Side and will not book anything lesser now.

                I'm returning to Tokyo this July and will make my reservation in a few days (the 6 month before date is almost here!). I'm planning to book a balcony room for 5 nights. They are the most expensive guest rooms next to the Speciale Suites, and the only non-Suite guest rooms to contain a balcony. And from the pictures, the balcony looks pretty large. There are 6 balcony rooms in total; they're all located right above the BellaVista Lounge and offer the most perfectly centered view of the harbor. It will be $660/night for the first 4 nights and $685/night for the last day because it's a Saturday (and considered a "top" period; even higher than the "peak period").
                ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

                  I have heard from many people whose opinions I respect, that the Tokyp park is the most beautiful of all the parks. I hope to see it one day. And I hope you have a wonderful time!

                  --Barry
                  God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

                    Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                    If I may ask, what type of room did you book for the MiraCosta? Do you know what side you're on (Tuscany, Venice, or Porto Paradiso)? And if you are on the Porto Paradiso Side, which view did you request? Partial, Piazza, or Harbor? I ask this because it's always interesting to see what view people prefer. Personally, I've grown to the Porto Paradiso Side and will not book anything lesser now.
                    i tried to book a partial view room but unfortunately there were all booked after just 2 days!

                    instead i opted for a tuscany view room (i think) as it was the cheapest room. i decided to stay at the Miracosta in a cheaper room rather than at the Ambassador in a slightly more expensive room.

                    i'm getting really excited now, only 80 days to go. i'm even more excited beacuse i am also going to HongKong Disneyland after i visit Tokyo Disneyland. Thus completing my dream of visiting every Disney Park around the world.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

                      Originally posted by Radiobarry View Post
                      I have heard from many people whose opinions I respect, that the Tokyp park is the most beautiful of all the parks. I hope to see it one day. And I hope you have a wonderful time!

                      --Barry
                      That is true. Tokyo DisneySea is the most beautiful theme park in the world in my opinion. No other theme park even comes close to matching the grandeur and the extreme attention to detail.
                      ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

                        Originally posted by it398 View Post
                        i tried to book a partial view room but unfortunately there were all booked after just 2 days!

                        instead i opted for a tuscany view room (i think) as it was the cheapest room. i decided to stay at the Miracosta in a cheaper room rather than at the Ambassador in a slightly more expensive room.
                        That's a good choice. Not only will you get a far more elegant hotel, but even the Tuscany side rooms offer a view better than any of the guest rooms in the Ambassador in my opinion.
                        ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

                          Hi it398,

                          So jealous that you got into the Mirra costa but I did leave it to late. Hope you have a great time there, it looks like a great hotel. I will have to stay there when I go back. I am in the resort tho so its cool.

                          Yes DisneySea is something I am really looking forward to since it looks and sounds so amazing. It has to be the best theme park in the world and I hope it lives up to the hype.

                          I do have a question about food. I see that Chop sticks are used allot in Japan when eating, does anyone know if there are forks aswell. I do plan on learning to use chop sticks before I go but would like to know so Im not forced to make a fool of myself if there are no forks lol!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

                            Originally posted by Peterwhite171 View Post
                            Hey guys,

                            Thought I would start a new topic to celebrate me booking my first ever trip to TDL resort!

                            I am really looking forward to the trip becuase I am a huge Disney Theme park buff and I have heard so many great things about the resort. It's actually quite strange since I live in England and have been to Disney World twice, with my last trip being last May and with Disneyland Paris so near to me I have yet to visit there, but I do plan to this year since that resort is also improving!

                            ANYWAY I am going on the 26th of March and staying in the Okura Tokyo bay hotel which is located right next to the resort. I was planning to stay in the great looking Mirra Costa Hotel but I left it far to late and it was fully booked.

                            I also found out that there is a Shcool Holiday on when I am there but hey, to late to change it now. Just gonna stick out the crowds.

                            I am looking for trips from fellow English travelers who have been to TDLR and especially UK peeps. Also has anyone stayed at the Okura Tokyo bay, I already know it's a great hotel but whats it like! Also money, I read somewhere that TDLR only takes visa Debit/Credit Cards.

                            O knook forward to hearing from you all!

                            Can't wait!
                            I went back in Sept 05, and I had a blast... I was only there for the day, as I was staying in SHibuya, and I was in japan for the tokyo Game show. I went to TDS and it was awesome... the park is gorgeous, and immaculate. the food is really good, and the lines werent that bad... The only bad thing about that park was that ride Raging Spirits... It is so bumpy and hard that I got off with a stiff neck and a headache... Now that the Tower of Terror is open, you must hit that ride, I hear its amazing.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

                              Yeah I hear raging spirits is not that great but the themeing is where the ride shines. I guess looking at it rather than riding can be just as entertaining.

                              It's a shame that OLC chose this ride instead of going for something new, it's basically same as the Disneyland Paris version which opened in 93 but not much themeing. But saying that, I have been told its one of the most popular rides in the park before TOT opened.

                              Comment


                              • #16
                                Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

                                Originally posted by Peterwhite171 View Post
                                Yeah I hear raging spirits is not that great but the themeing is where the ride shines. I guess looking at it rather than riding can be just as entertaining.

                                It's a shame that OLC chose this ride instead of going for something new, it's basically same as the Disneyland Paris version which opened in 93 but not much themeing. But saying that, I have been told its one of the most popular rides in the park before TOT opened.
                                Raging Spirits is beautiful and definitely entertaining to look at. I guess the reason they chose to built Raging Spirits was because there wasn't that much space besides Indiana Jones. Plus, it has proven to be a success and is one of the most popular attractions at the park.
                                ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                                Comment


                                • #17
                                  Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

                                  Yeah I figured it was down to the space really. I look forward to seeing the great theme elements.

                                  Pete

                                  Comment


                                  • #18
                                    Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

                                    I got lucky with RS. When I went to the park I was still a little overweight, so I went to get on line for the ride, and the guy gave me the big X symbol meaning I couldnt get online... so he pointed to the picture of the guy with the weight problem, and then he said in broken english he was calling over an english speaking cm. So when that cm got there, he personally escorted me to the front of the ride (I skipped a 60min line) and made me get on, and test the shoulder restraints, and I fit with no problem. So then he just said have fun, and I got to stay on the ride. When I got back, he was still there waiting to ask me how the ride was. I thought that was very nice that he waited, and I lied and told him it was a great ride.

                                    The truth is that the themeing is GORGEOUS and the ride layout looks cool, but its just so bumpy that u cant come off that ride without having a headache or neckache.

                                    At night that ride really looks nice especially with the flames...

                                    Comment


                                    • #19
                                      Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

                                      I think Raging Spirits has much more theming than the Indiana Jones coaster at Disneyland Paris. It looks much more prettier, especially the waterfall flowing down the stairs with flames burning on the surface of the water. It's so beautiful and compliments the Indiana Jones Adventure structure next door very well.
                                      ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                                      Comment


                                      • #20
                                        Re: Trip to Tokyo Disney March 26 - April 6th

                                        Originally posted by Peterwhite171 View Post
                                        I do have a question about food. I see that Chop sticks are used allot in Japan when eating, does anyone know if there are forks aswell. I do plan on learning to use chop sticks before I go but would like to know so Im not forced to make a fool of myself if there are no forks lol!
                                        Hi Peterwhite, you should be able to get forks at any restaurant in the Parks. They'll either be given to you when served or you'll find them in the condiments table depending on the restaurant. If you cannot spot them anywhere, just ask a CM and they'll help you out. Now worries. Have fun!

                                        JoeInJpn
                                        http://www.jtcent.com
                                        JoeInJpn
                                        Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
                                        For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
                                        Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X