Announcement

Collapse

Forum Issues

The MiceChat staff is listening to your PM's and the notes provided in the flagged posts. We will provide more information in a post that will be published no later than Sunday night, 6/23/19. The link will be provided here.
See more
See less

Cost of a Trip

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of a Trip

Ok, I am planning right now on being in a Cat 6 or 7 cabin aboard Disney Magic on the Westbound Panama Cruise in 2008.

But.... if they quote me a ridiculous price, I was debating having a Tokyo/Hong Kong adventure as a backup.

It's kinda hard to research pricing so I wondered if some experts could help.

I'd be looking at 2 adults wanting to hit Tokyo for a week or so (however long is needed to see both parks in detail) then Hong Kong for a few days (again enough to soak it in).

We'd like a nice hotel, but not super luxury. In WDW terms we'd be ok with Dixie Landings level, wouldn't mind Wilderness Lodge if we could do it but don't need Poly.

Any rough ideas of the cost for hotel/park passes/etc ?

What are good prices like ?

Obviously I'm not expecting a carved in stone quote, but wondering based on your past trips, what is a ballpark figure for a per person cost ?
    “Any sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, that’s when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Re: Cost of a Trip

Hi there! I'll be happy to help you figure out the costs for the Tokyo part. First things first, when are you planning to go? The season you visit will make a big difference on the hotel rates. For your convenience, I'll just list the regular season room rates.

Guide to the Tokyo Disney Resort

Hotels:

There are 2 Disney Hotels in the Tokyo Disney Resort, both of them Deluxe. One is the 5 star Hotel MiraCosta, by far the best Disney hotel I've ever seen and stayed at. Second is the Ambassador Hotel, a 4 star hotel that is full of comfort and luxury. Here is a good guideline on what you will be paying for the most basic rooms (non-suites).

Tokyo DisneySea Hotel MiraCosta (*****) $340-$590/night
    Disney Ambassador Hotel (****) $280-$400/night

Then there are the cheaper "Official Hotels". They are a good choice for someone who just wants a place to sleep and do not care about the Disney magic or theming. I would recommend either the Sheraton or Hilton in this case. Expect to pay around $200-$350 during the regular season. You will get a spacious room that will easily accomodate 2 adults.

Park Tickets:

A 4-Day Magic Passport is about $125 and a 3-Day Magic Passport is about $105. Unlike other Disney resorts, Tokyo does not feature a Park-Hopper ticket. Instead, you get to choose the park you want to visit on the first and second days. The last two (or one if you bought the 3-Day Magic Passport) days do allow you to park-hop however.

Dining:

There are some pretty inexpensive snacks in the parks. If you really don't care about dining in a restaurant and only care about finding something to eat, I would recommend the Gyoza Sausage Buns or Yucatan Sausage Rolls. They are both located inside Tokyo DisneySea and are about $3 each. They are very delicious and filling. Otherwise, expect to pay about $20-$30 per person for table service restaurants. Counter service meals are usually around $10-15 per person for a complete meal.

So to answer your original question, a normal cost of a Tokyo trip is usually around $2000-$2500 per person for a week long stay. I stayed 4 nights last time and spent about $2300 (not including plane tickets), but that's only because I stayed at the Hotel MiraCosta. I'm sure your figure will be much smaller than mine.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Thanks for the comments. Actually as I said, I'm hoping to be on the DCL Panama Cruise in 2008, but if I do go to Tokyo we'd try the cheap season if we could to save $$, and also go for as reasonable a hotel as possible.

I thought from my research they had multi day hoppers now ?
      “Any sequel three or higher..... around number five they get a new cast, that’s when the magic really happens": Modern Family

Comment

Originally posted by tiggerfan View Post
        I thought from my research they had multi day hoppers now ?
        Sadly, they don't yet. This is one of my biggest complaints about the Tokyo Disney Resort. You have to buy 3 or 4-Day Magic Passports if you even want to think about park-hopping and even so, it's only on the 3rd or 4th days. It does give you time to explore each park thoroughly though, since your attention will be focused one park at a time.

Comment

you can also stay inside tokyo and get to TDR with their surburb trains .

i plan to go to Tokyo Disney in 2009 and i'll stay inside Tokyo for cheap prices .
          HKDL : Done !!!

Comment

Originally posted by DLRP_bopazot View Post
            you can also stay inside tokyo and get to TDR with their surburb trains .

i plan to go to Tokyo Disney in 2009 and i'll stay inside Tokyo for cheap prices .
            The hotels located in the city are cheaper, but I would rather pay extra money for convenience and the Disney magic. Reason why I only stay in the Disney hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
              The hotels located in the city are cheaper, but I would rather pay extra money for convenience and the Disney magic. Reason why I only stay in the Disney hotels.
              For our trip, we're doing five nights in Tokyo followed by three nights at the Mira Costa.

Keep in mind that Tokyo is its own destination and is worth taking a few days to see. Generally, that's the problem with seeing Disney parks in another country--the country itself is a destination, so you really have to block some time to see it. I mean Disney is nice, but how could you miss seeing a city like Tokyo, Hong Kong, or Paris?

Comment

Working...
              X