Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Help, Sheraton/Hilton?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help, Sheraton/Hilton?

Hi, I've managed to find these rates for Sheraton and Hilton Tokyo Bay:

Sheraton:
    14,000 yen standard room WITHOUT breakfast
    15,000 yen standard room WITHOUT breakfast. Free entrance (not that I really need) to public bath, gym, playhouse, video rentals pool.

Hilton:
    18,000 yen standard room WITH breakfast

From pictures it seems like Sheraton looks nicer but Hilton works out better if we need a huge brekkie.

I need to book 3 nights but can't decide between the two hotels. Which would you choose and why?

Re: Help, Sheraton/Hilton?

I have only stayed at the Hilton Tokyo Bay, so I cannot give feedback on the Sheraton. I will say this; both the Hilton and Sheraton are good choices during the offseason since they're both incredibly cheap. I visited during March and my room rate for the Hilton was 49,000 yen without breakfast; for that price, I could've gotten a 50,000 yen room at the MiraCosta! Back on topic, the Sheraton does have nicer rooms and is closer to the monorail station though. Personally, I don't each much breakfast so I would pick the Sheraton. An extra $30/night doesn't really affect me, but I would rather eat inside the parks or at one of the Disney Hotels.
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Definitely choose the less expensive one. You can grab a quick sandwich for breakfast in the hotel store and spend the money on a souvenir or food in the parks! I stayed at the Hilton and liked it, but the Sheraton was a bit nicer. Personally, I think the walk from the Sheraton to the Bayside station is a tiny bit longer, but noy really a big deal.

I don't think that breakfast is going to run you 4,000 Yen.

Comment

For some reason, the Hilton Tokyo Bay is very popular among first time visitors. I hardly ever see people report staying at the Sheraton; it's almost always at the Hilton. I wonder why...the Sheraton is around the same price and nicer too.

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
          For some reason, the Hilton Tokyo Bay is very popular among first time visitors. I hardly ever see people report staying at the Sheraton; it's almost always at the Hilton. I wonder why...the Sheraton is around the same price and nicer too.
          When I went in 2003, the Sheraton was much more expensive. Interestingly enough, the prices that Nananana was quoted are less than what we paid back then.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
            When I went in 2003, the Sheraton was much more expensive. Interestingly enough, the prices that Nananana was quoted are less than what we paid back then.
            Interesting. I also think it's due to a lot of recommendations from websites and people who've visited Tokyo numerous times. Everybody says the Hilton is the best value for your money; large, spacious rooms offering nice views of Tokyo Bay. If the Sheraton was more expensive back then, I can see why people on a budget would hesitate to choose it when the Hilton offers the same for a lesser price.

Comment

Anything that has the name "HILTON" (ie Paris Hilton) on it, I stay away from.

Comment

It's interesting to see everybody's views. I think overall Hilton is still slightly cheaper than Sheraton as I can see a 13,000yen room in Hilton though it seems to be booked up (saw it on the Japan site). To include breakfast, Sheraton's rate is $22,000. Surprisingly, to pay separately for breakfast, Sheraton, MiraCosta and Ambassador are all charging around 2,950 yen while Hilton is about 3,400 yen. Makes one wonder...

TDR Fan, yes I noticed almost all reviews are about Hilton and rarely Sheraton. Was wondering too...

Anyway, seems like the consensus is to go for Sheraton. I tend to like the idea too. Of course, the best idea is Miracosta but I don't have the extra moolah... It's been 10 years since I've last been to Tokyo Disneyland (yes, was 'land' then). Must be lots of changes, eh?

P/S: Disneyland Daddy, anything with 'Hilton' you'll stay away from? lol, yes you must be the cleanest Father! (you've got a cute babe there!)

Comment

Originally posted by Disneyland Daddy View Post
                  Anything that has the name "HILTON" (ie Paris Hilton) on it, I stay away from.
                  So if you were to win a prize of staying three free nights at the Hilton Tokyo Bay, you wouldn't go? I think you would.

Comment

Stay at the Hilton, it has to be better.
                    Ah, how strange! The molecules are so active now!

Comment

I prefer the Sheraton. A bit closer to the TDR LIne Bayside station and a more modern looking hotel with excellent service and food options.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X