This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A teaser mini report from TDR

Hi all! I just got back to my hotel here in Narita, after a most enjoyable afternoon at TDR. Gorgeous day...sunny and a bit cold and breezy. Lovely evening with a croissant moon and Venus right over Mt. Prometheus and Cinderella castle.

Ok... first up, both parks were very crowded today.

News from TDL: All of the refurbishings being done around Adventureland and Westerland are finished. All the buildings look great in their new coats of paint and other ornamental touches. POTC has reopened and I rode it, but didn't see much difference than before.. except that this one is still the original unpolitically correct version.. just like I like it. Today was also the last day of this year's Princess Days event, and I got to enjoy the very last performance of Minnies' Tiara of Dreams... Zeek! Take note.. Prince Phillip did not disappoint! *scheeeeeen!!!* Finally, they have some new pyro shells in the Disney magic in the Sky fireworks show. Oh one more thing... the new Dreamlights floats... Cinderella's float is stunning. Monsters Inc float is state of the art wizardry...introducing the same technology we got at Astroblasters (the facial projection of Buzz) on the character of Mike. Look closely and see Mike and Surly (is that his name?)'s eyes blink and move. Stunning. The nemo float is cute but Crush's float steals the show. Awesome dudes!!!
    They also have several new costumes in the parade for the chorus girls and I spotted Lilo and Stitch in the finale as well.

Now... over to TDS. The new sign went up on Sindbad Storybook adventures'main entrance... and there were 7 (seven!!!) OLC managers checking out the finished product and taking photos as well.. Had my curry sampler as well for dinner... heaven! Oh... they also have installed what appeared to be a photo spot near the entrance to Sindbad's ride. It was covered behind some plants but TDLFAN managed to get pass that and bring you a photo which will be posted later this week... along with a few hundred others from TDR and HKDL. That is... if you all behave. Lastly... I have said this before and will say it again... TDS has got to have the best atmosphere of any of the Disney parks.. I just LOVE*LOVE*LOVE walking around the park and taking in the sounds and sights. Truly magical.

Well that's about it for this mini-report. I will try to have photos posted later after the weekend. Good night from Japan.

Re: A teaser mini report from TDR

Thanks for the update, I can't wait for the photos!

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Look closely and see Mike and Surly (is that his name?)....
    Close, his name is Sully for short. Full name is James P. Sullivan.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kwwdFhJWDK0

Comment

Thanks for the update! It makes me all that more excited for our trip coming up in less than ten days!

Comment

Sounds you had a good time! Thank you for the update.
        Please follow me @dreamsweetslove on twitter!
        https://twitter.com/#!/DreamSweetsLove

Comment

Lovely evening with a croissant moon...
          I know the Japanese excel at baked goods, but this is ridiculous.

Seriously, keep reporting, I'm loving it.

How is staying in Narita working out for you? I notice there are often really good hotel deals out there.

Comment

Sounds like the new floats are kicking butt in the name of entertainment technology. As usual with most of the things that come out of TDR and OLC. Can't wait to see pictures of them!

So was Sindbad open or not when you went?
            WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

Oh... they also have installed what appeared to be a photo spot near the entrance to Sindbad's ride. It was covered behind some plants but TDLFAN managed to get pass that and bring you a photo which will be posted later this week...
              Wow a bit of a exclusive here,wonder what the photo spot will be.Perhaps a new meet location for Chandu
              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Originally posted by Queenie View Post
                I know the Japanese excel at baked goods, but this is ridiculous.

Seriously, keep reporting, I'm loving it.
                Actually, I use phonetics to test you all to see if you really really really are reading thru these reports.. since I am concidering quitting posting them. No use for me to spend time reporting and posting photos when most people go to such sites as DeepDisney, where they do the same and it's their job.

How is staying in Narita working out for you? I notice there are often really good hotel deals out there.
                I do not advise staying in Narita area. Too far away to get to TDR and too much hassle traveling to/from TDR. The only reason why I am in a Narita Airport hotel is because as an airline crew at work, my company pays for my accomodations. So I am there for free. But honestly... I would not stay (and never have stayed) in Narita when visiting TDR or Tokyo on vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
                  Wow a bit of a exclusive here,wonder what the photo spot will be.Perhaps a new meet location for Chandu
                  Oh please.. I am sure you already saw the DeepDisney photo of that sign. Who are you kidding???

Comment

Actually, I use phonetics to test you all to see if you really really really are reading thru these reports.. since I am concidering quitting posting them. No use for me to spend time reporting and posting photos when most people go to such sites as DeepDisney, where they do the same and it's their job.
                    Awww. Now where am I going to get my commentary insight from? Nice going, DeepDisney...
                    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

I don't understand Japanese through
                      Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Come on TDLFan, post the trip report and pics. I don't go to Deep Disney. TDLFan is way better. :bow:
                        Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Originally posted by Monkey joe View Post
                          Come on TDLFan, post the trip report and pics. I don't go to Deep Disney. TDLFan is way better. :bow:
                          Well.. with that handsome face on your avatar staring back at me... Hmm.. I may just reconcider and post them.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X