• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Malin
    MiceChatter
    • Jan 2005

Star Tours

Al Lutz: and the original WDI pitch to radically update Star Tours for Tokyo Disneyland may now get a shot at arriving in Anaheim as well.

The above is a qoute from Al Lutz from his latest article.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

• TDR_Fan
    MiceChatter
    • Feb 2006

Re: Star Tours

Originally posted by Malin View Post
    Al Lutz: and the original WDI pitch to radically update Star Tours for Tokyo Disneyland may now get a shot at arriving in Anaheim as well.

The above is a qoute from Al Lutz from his latest article.
    I wonder if the next scheduled closing of Star Tours is for the adding of a new film.

Star Tours

August 27, 2007 - October 5, 2007

5 weeks seems quite a bit longer than the usual time required to refurb simulator attractions. It usually only takes a few days if I remember correctly, which leads me to believe that this is not the standard annual refurbishing.
    Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

• aimster
      Waiting for my E-Ticket

• May 2005

^^ that's 6 weeks.

Comment

• JoeInJpn
        • Jul 2006

It has usually taken 18-21 days per refurbishment closure.
        JoeInJpn
        Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
        For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
        Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Comment

• Malin
          MiceChatter
          • Jan 2005

Would that really be enough time to make all the big changes to this attraction.From what I've heard of the new proposed Star Wars attraction is that it would take more than just simply changing the movie.As Lucas wants brand new simulators installed.I don't find the refurbishment of 6 weeks to strange either as it all depends what work needs to be done,both Pooh and Splash are both down also for long periods this year but this is just down to a lot of maintenance work needing to be done!

Comment

• JoeInJpn
            • Jul 2006

The new movie isn't coming in this time. Haven't you noticed the long closures are just before the 25th Anniversary celebrations begin? The attractions are just getting a little bit more cleaned up and maintained and repainted for the upcoming year. Same thing happened in 2002 before the 20th events began.
            JoeInJpn
            Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
            For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
            Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Comment

• Malin
              MiceChatter
              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by JoeInJpn View Post
              The new movie isn't coming in this time. Haven't you noticed the long closures are just before the 25th Anniversary celebrations begin? The attractions are just getting a little bit more cleaned up and maintained and repainted for the upcoming year. Same thing happened in 2002 before the 20th events began.
              This is exactly what I throught it would be,but won't the attractions all still have refurbishment schedule's to under go next year.Or will the down time be less due to the 25th celebrations and what will no doubt be hopely a busy year for the park.By the way talking of the 25th Anniversary is January 2008 still the most likely time this celebration will begin.

As for Star Tours personally I think other areas of the park could do with being worked on and improved first.After visiting Star Tours in Tokyo I was impressed with how much better this attraction has aged compare to that of the other Star Tours attractions in other parks.In fact its easily my favourite version.The extra animatronic working on the StarSpeeder in the first room you enter was a unexpected suprise,as was the exit.

Comment

• PeoplemoverMatt
                When Will It Return?
                • Jan 2005

Hey Malin, was the audio in their ST a couple seconds behind their video? We didn't ride this trip but I remember that happening last trip & laughing at how silly it seemed.

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

• TDR_Fan
                  MiceChatter
                  • Feb 2006

Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
                  Hey Malin, was the audio in their ST a couple seconds behind their video? We didn't ride this trip but I remember that happening last trip & laughing at how silly it seemed.

-- PMM
                  Interesting. Didn't notice that the last time I rode it. I'll check it out in a few weeks. Hopefully, the error has been noticed and fixed.

Comment

• Malin
                    MiceChatter
                    • Jan 2005

Can't say I notice it myself PeoplemoverMatt but it could of been there!

And TDR_FAN only a few weeks to go hey,I remember it being months away not to long a go.

Comment

• PeoplemoverMatt
                      When Will It Return?
                      • Jan 2005

I could be confusing it with MGM Studios' Star Tours. I know one of them was behind when I rode it, and it wasn't Disneylands.

Ack! I've ridden too many Star Tours clones!!! :unsure:

-- PMM

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

• TDR_Fan
                        MiceChatter
                        • Feb 2006

And TDR_FAN only a few weeks to go hey,I remember it being months away not to long a go.
                        Time sure passes quickly. I can hardly wait! :thumbup:

Comment

• Blueharvest1138
                          Star Tours Fan
                          • Apr 2005

As for Star Tours personally I think other areas of the park could do with being worked on and improved first.After visiting Star Tours in Tokyo I was impressed with how much better this attraction has aged compare to that of the other Star Tours attractions in other parks.In fact its easily my favourite version.The extra animatronic working on the StarSpeeder in the first room you enter was a unexpected suprise,as was the exit.

Any pics?

Comment

• TDLFAN
                            Banned User
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Blueharvest1138 View Post
                            Any pics?
                            I have posted many in the past but no longer have them online, so go chech these sites out...

(click on the blue box next to the Tokyo Disneyland name, and you will come upon another page loaded with videos from TDR, and especially Star Tours and Indiana Jones Temple, which are both sponsored by Panasonic.)
                            Play with the menu on the left for more TDR videos from around the park so you can discover the extraordinary fabulousness that is Tokyo Disney Resort.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X