Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The REAL Meditarrean Harbor

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • The REAL Meditarrean Harbor

    Okay, so about two weeks ago, I went on a Study Abroad class to Barcelona (of Cheetah Girls 2 fame, for those that need a Disney link) and Venice. It's no secret that Venice is featured heavily in DisneySea.

    With that in mind, I give you pictures from the REAL Porto Paradiso! However, with these pictures, we sould play a minor game.

    Basically, the pictures I will show all feature something I've seen from the photos from trip reports or videos (or even the Sea of Dream shorts, as was the case with one location). What you guys have to do is supply a photo of the DisneySea location that closely resembles the photograph in one aspect or another.

    So, without further aduie, here are the photos that made it!






    (Had to put that Gondala shot in there...)









    That's most of the ones that I feel are related to DisneySea. The rest of the batch I'll put on my photo-blog later.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

  • #2
    Re: The REAL Meditarrean Harbor

    Frankly, I think Tokyo DisneySea's Mediterranean Harbor looks much more elaborate and beautiful.

    Venice




    Porto Paradiso


    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: The REAL Meditarrean Harbor

      Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
      Frankly, I think Tokyo DisneySea's Mediterranean Harbor looks much more elaborate and beautiful.
      That's because they have the luxury of only having to maintain an area probably equal to the length of the street leading to the beach on Lido. It's kind of difficult for the Italian government, let alone the city of Venice, to maintain the level of fresh paint and working lightbulbs as Tokyo's copy.

      Edit: By the way, you kind of didn't suppy any photos that resemble the ones I took so much as you supplied photos that just reinforce your point.
      WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: The REAL Meditarrean Harbor

        Originally posted by ZeekSlider View Post
        Edit: By the way, you kind of didn't suppy any photos that resemble the ones I took so much as you supplied photos that just reinforce your point.
        Fine. I'll try to find more pictures of the Venice area.





















        ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: The REAL Meditarrean Harbor

          Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
          Fine. I'll try to find more pictures of the Venice area.
          Uhm, that's not quite what I meant either.

          Don't get wrong, I appreciate the pictures, but there are just general ambiance. The pictures I selected have elements noticed in some of the more specific areas other than general theming. I mean, there's two shots in there that are clearly the base for the Meet & Smile docking area in the set I posted. There's even one or two where you can see what the Imagineers used as inspiration for Hotel MiraCosta. There's a lot more to those photos than just buildings, waters, and gondalas.

          *sigh* I'm starting to think this was a bad idea to see if you guys noticed what I noticed.
          WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: The REAL Meditarrean Harbor

            Originally posted by ZeekSlider View Post
            Uhm, that's not quite what I meant either.

            Don't get wrong, I appreciate the pictures, but there are just general ambiance. The pictures I selected have elements noticed in some of the more specific areas other than general theming. I mean, there's two shots in there that are clearly the base for the Meet & Smile docking area in the set I posted. There's even one or two where you can see what the Imagineers used as inspiration for Hotel MiraCosta. There's a lot more to those photos than just buildings, waters, and gondalas.

            *sigh* I'm starting to think this was a bad idea to see if you guys noticed what I noticed.
            Sorry for getting a bit carried away there. I really do appreciate what you're trying to point out, but I'm having a hard time finding pictures that closely resemble those you posted.
            ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: The REAL Meditarrean Harbor

              I get the game, I just don't have any pics. YET! Oddly, those are two places I really, really, really want to go...TDS and Venice.
              I want my cake back!
              sigpic

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: The REAL Meditarrean Harbor

                Poor Barcelona! To be be forever known by Americans as being of Cheetah Girls 2 fame!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: The REAL Meditarrean Harbor

                  Originally posted by chrisaaron View Post
                  Poor Barcelona! To be be forever known by Americans as being of Cheetah Girls 2 fame!
                  That's exactly what I thought, Madonna-hater!
                  BACKPACKING REALNESS

                  DISNEY TRIPS
                  October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                  October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                  July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                  July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                  July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                  February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                  February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

                  (VERY OLD!)
                  TRIP REPORTS

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: The REAL Meditarrean Harbor

                    Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                    Frankly, I think Tokyo DisneySea's Mediterranean Harbor looks much more elaborate and beautiful.
                    Sometimes, Disney people freak me out a little.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: The REAL Meditarrean Harbor

                      Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
                      Sometimes, Disney people freak me out a little.
                      Don't get me wrong. The real thing is very impressive and all, but I think Tokyo DisneySea's recreation looks better.
                      ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: The REAL Meditarrean Harbor

                        Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
                        Don't get me wrong. The real thing is very impressive and all, but I think Tokyo DisneySea's recreation looks better.
                        Well, sure, and I'm sure Keira Knightley makes a prettier pirate than reality ever saw, but it's not really fair to compare a recreation that was set up in a month by engineers who had the luxuries of planning sightlines, existing cities to copy after and 21st century construction methods to a city that grew organically in centuries filled with culture and innovation, its architecture an afterthought of the history it contains. Of course none of that really applies to Keira...

                        I've never really been able to see the point of all those surly "Disneyfication" critics, but in cases like this there's reality and then there's Disney.
                        Last edited by pussnboots; 06-29-2007, 12:20 AM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: The REAL Meditarrean Harbor

                          Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
                          Well, sure, and I'm sure Keira Knightley makes a prettier pirate than reality ever saw, but it's not really fair to compare a recreation that was set up in a month by engineers who had the luxuries of planning sightlines, existing cities to copy after and 21st century construction methods to a city that grew organically in centuries filled with culture and innovation, its architecture an afterthought of the history it contains. Of course none of that really applies to Keira...

                          I've never really been able to see the point of all those surly "Disneyfication" critics, but in cases like this there's reality and then there's Disney.
                          You are the voice of reason in a sea of crazy kids.
                          BACKPACKING REALNESS

                          DISNEY TRIPS
                          October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                          October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
                          July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
                          July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
                          July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
                          February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
                          February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

                          (VERY OLD!)
                          TRIP REPORTS

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: The REAL Meditarrean Harbor

                            Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
                            Well, sure, and I'm sure Keira Knightley makes a prettier pirate than reality ever saw, but it's not really fair to compare a recreation that was set up in a month by engineers who had the luxuries of planning sightlines, existing cities to copy after and 21st century construction methods to a city that grew organically in centuries filled culture and innovation, its architecture an afterthought of the history it contains. Of course none of that really applies to Keira...

                            I've never really been able to see the point of all those surly "Disneyfication" critics, but in cases like this there's reality and then there's Disney.
                            You make a good point. I never meant to criticize Italy, as it is a truly amazing place. And I know. I took a tour of Europe several years ago and got a taste of all the major countries.

                            I don't think you're giving Mediterranean Harbor enough credit . It took many years to design and build, and it was actually one of the most complex ports of call in Tokyo DisneySea because of the extraordinary detail- especially the Hotel MiraCosta's painstakingly executed trompe l'oeil exterior.
                            ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: The REAL Meditarrean Harbor

                              Where's Kiera come into all of this!
                              Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X