Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Space Mountain loading area

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Space Mountain loading area

    I'm listening to a podcast that keeping going on about how different the Space Mountain loading area at TDL is from the DL version. From the pictures on the web, it looks identical. Is it different from the Disneyland version? Any pictures?
    When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

    This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

    Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

  • #2
    Re: Space Mountain loading area

    Check out JoeInJpn site if you havn't already. http://www.jtcent.com/disneyland/tomorrow/tomsmt.html

    Can't actually answer this question as I've never been a fan of Space Mountain except for in Paris and have only been on the Disneyland version once.Never been on Tokyo's,but may check it out on next trip due to the attraction recently having a bit of a refurbishment by adding some new afects to the loading area.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Space Mountain loading area

      Great! Thanks for the link. That ship is very different from the new DL version. It's very anime looking.
      When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

      This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

      Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Space Mountain loading area

        I posted pictures from Space Mountain after it opened from it's refurbishing.. The queue setup is identical at both parks... but TDL now features the new, and very sleep spaceship prop above, very dark neon blue lights, with light green accent lights that travel the lenght of the ceiling, giving the entire area, and subsequent ride show, an electrifying theme to it. Certainly an improvement over the way things are at DL's queue at the moment...

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Space Mountain loading area

          Are they inride effects the same? Is the second lift tunnel the same as DL?
          When you wish upon a star, your dreams come true, but because of distance, not for millions of years.

          This message brought to you by Wookiee Cookiees - "MMM... Chewie!"

          Visit The Endor Express - The Ultimate Guide to Disney's Star Tours

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Space Mountain loading area

            Originally posted by phruby View Post
            Are they inride effects the same? Is the second lift tunnel the same as DL?
            The actual ride is 1977 Space Mountain.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Space Mountain loading area

              Originally posted by phruby View Post
              Are they inride effects the same? Is the second lift tunnel the same as DL?
              The in-ride effects are similar to the new version at DL, but not quite. Very dark enviroment inside the building now, and there are what appear to be fake energy transformers as you go up the first small lift. During the 2nd lift, you are surrounded by lighting-like effects. Totally different from DL's current experience. Only the re-entry tunnel is similar to the new DL version. HKDL is quite similar to DL's version as well, but has a fiber optic tunnel in rainbow colors during the main lift. If I recall.. DL's lift has a rotating tunnel effect? Seems to me every Space Mountain ride now has a different feel and show, even if DL's, TDL's and HKDL's mountains share the same track and queue layout.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Space Mountain loading area

                Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                The in-ride effects are similar to the new version at DL, but not quite. Very dark enviroment inside the building now, and there are what appear to be fake energy transformers as you go up the first small lift. During the 2nd lift, you are surrounded by lighting-like effects. Totally different from DL's current experience. Only the re-entry tunnel is similar to the new DL version. HKDL is quite similar to DL's version as well, but has a fiber optic tunnel in rainbow colors during the main lift. If I recall.. DL's lift has a rotating tunnel effect? Seems to me every Space Mountain ride now has a different feel and show, even if DL's, TDL's and HKDL's mountains share the same track and queue layout.
                It looks like all 3 use plasma screen tunnels on lift 2 to achieve the different effects. It is funny how all 3 mountains have the same track layout, but all 3 have their differences.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Space Mountain loading area

                  Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
                  It looks like all 3 use plasma screen tunnels on lift 2 to achieve the different effects. It is funny how all 3 mountains have the same track layout, but all 3 have their differences.
                  Not in TDL...their lift 2 is basically blank with a narrow neon light or two wizzing past you. Hardly noticeable at all.

                  And I'm a little sad that I put up all those pictures of the awesome ship in my Tokyo albums and no one bothered to mention them...

                  -- PMM

                  "Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Space Mountain loading area

                    Originally posted by Koutesu View Post
                    It looks like all 3 use plasma screen tunnels on lift 2 to achieve the different effects. It is funny how all 3 mountains have the same track layout, but all 3 have their differences.
                    There is no plasma screens in TDL's Space Mt. The experience is not undercut like it is in the US parks..

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Space Mountain loading area

                      ^ If anything, Tokyo undercut's the Space Mountain experience. An easily miss-able lift 2 effect, no meteor of any sort between lift's 2 & 3, no music at all whatsoever on ride, and no on-ride photo at the end either.

                      "Space Mountain Lite" would be more accurate.

                      -- PMM

                      "Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Space Mountain loading area

                        Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
                        ^ If anything, Tokyo undercut's the Space Mountain experience. An easily miss-able lift 2 effect, no meteor of any sort between lift's 2 & 3, no music at all whatsoever on ride, and no on-ride photo at the end either.

                        "Space Mountain Lite" would be more accurate.

                        -- PMM
                        Actually, you are correct. I agree with your assessment. But I like it "lite" since most everything in America is fat and full of unnecesary calories.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Space Mountain loading area

                          Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
                          "Space Mountain Lite" would be more accurate.

                          -- PMM
                          It's still way better than the Magic Kingdom's version in my opinion.
                          ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Space Mountain loading area

                            Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
                            And I'm a little sad that I put up all those pictures of the awesome ship in my Tokyo albums and no one bothered to mention them...
                            Don't sweat it man. Your pictures were at least the fourth set of pics of the ship that have been posted on these boards since the ride opened 2.5 months ago.

                            JoeInJpn
                            http://www.jtcent.com
                            JoeInJpn
                            Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
                            For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
                            Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Space Mountain loading area

                              Originally posted by PeoplemoverMatt View Post
                              "Space Mountain Lite" would be more accurate.
                              That's what I love about it. I hate Space Mountain 2005 and the actual main show building of Space Mountain Tokyo is my favorite. I love the old structure and it just feels so right, the feel, the sounds, everything.

                              It's unfortunately that they had to rebuild Disneyland's Space Mountain track. It's a great ride but it just isn't the same.

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X