This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leg room in TDR?

I know that on average Japanese people are much shorther than Americans. I was wondering if this affected how seats and ride vehicles were designed at TDR. I am 6'4" and have no trouble fitting on any of the rides at DLR and WDW, but DL's Space Mountain is a slightly tight squeeze for my legs with it's individual lap bars. I just wanted to check on TDR's leg room.

Thanks.

Re: Leg room in TDR?

My husband is 6'2". I don't recall him commenting on feeling cramped on any of the TDR attractions, except maybe It's a Small World, which he comments on at every Disney park. You should be fine!

Comment

No. seating capacity in ride vehicles and boats are exactly the same as all other WDW. The monorails at TDR are actually the biggest, most comfortable one of any Disney resort. The only rides that I think are a bit tight for someone tall or full figured would be the vehicles at "Journey to the Center of the Earth", and possibly "20K under the Sea", and "Raging Spirits". But I do not think you'll have any problems. Also...FYI... TDL's Space Mountain vehicles are the same design as those used at DL before they installed the new ones in 2005.

Comment

Yeah, those Journey to the Center of the Earth seats are tight as can be.

Comment

It could be worst... have you tried riding the new car vehicles in the "Cars" ride at WDSP?

Comment

I believe Raging Spirits has a 6'5 maximum height restriction.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
              It could be worst... have you tried riding the new car vehicles in the "Cars" ride at WDSP?
              It's a squeeze, that's for sure. But I can fit in. How does it compare to TDL's seating?
              Let's put the Walt back in Disney!

Comment

On Journey, you'll want to sit in the front row. There's a few extra inches of legroom there. Sometimes the Cast Member will notice you're height and put you in the front.

That and 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea are the only ones that are a little cramped.

Comment

Originally posted by davewasbaloo View Post
                  It's a squeeze, that's for sure. But I can fit in. How does it compare to TDL's seating?
                  I did not ride "Cars" but based on my observation.. I think you get more leg room at most rides at TDR.

Comment

I'm 5'10 and only problems I had were Journey to the Centre of the Earth,20,000 Leagues Under the Sea and Pooh were the worst rides I experienced for tight leg room.Also watch your head when leaving your vehicles on JTTCOTE as I hit my head upon leaving this attraction.
                    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Originally posted by 4 Winds View Post
                      Yeah, those Journey to the Center of the Earth seats are tight as can be.
                      Can’t believe people are commenting about the legroom on JTTCOTE.

It's not like you're taking a trip to the mall.

You are going to "THE CENTRE OF THE EARTH". You should expect it to be a bit of a squeeze, Legroom is a premium deep beneath the planets core.

:lol:

My biggest worry is always leg-room on the plane to get there, unless of course you're flying club.

have a great trip
                      Last edited by steamboat will; 08-13-2007, 02:22 PM.

Comment

I have never had a problem with leg room. Then again, I'm not quite 5' tall and almost everyone over the age of 12 in Japan is already taller than me. I have gone with friends that are up to 6'3" and nothing was so uncomfortable that they wouldn't go back on.

The only thing I had a problem with was Raging Spirits. I'm a busty woman and the CM cranked the safety bar down so tight I was having trouble breathing. Honestly, though, I think you may be uncomfortable for a few moments and then when the ride starts moving you'll forget about it and become absorbed in a wonderful and new Disney experience.

Have a wonderful time!

Comment

Originally posted by SorcererMickey View Post
                          The only thing I had a problem with was Raging Spirits. I'm a busty woman and the CM cranked the safety bar down so tight I was having trouble breathing. Honestly, though, I think you may be uncomfortable for a few moments and then when the ride starts moving you'll forget about it and become absorbed in a wonderful and new Disney experience.
                          Yes, even I had problems with Raging Spirits. They do crank those safety bars down really tight. The first time my son and I rode, we pulled out of the station around the curve and proceeded to stop, as the ride broke down. A few minutes later, a CM came out to speak to us all, but of course, we can't understand Japanese, so we were clueless.

I had to talk myself out of a panic attack, for my son's sake more than anything. Those restraints were soooooo tight, I couldn't move at all. We finally got off about 10 minutes later. Yay! And yes, I got on again.

Comment

Originally posted by SorcererMickey View Post

I've read about many people complaining about the safety restraints on that attraction.Personally I'll never ride that attraction due to its many complaints of people.
                            Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Meh, they staple you, but I've had far worse stapling at Magic Mountain & Knott's! I still had enough room to whip my camera out of its hiding place and film the ride twice.

-- Peoplemover "Helps to have a broad range of theme park experiences!" Matt

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X