This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lockers

Do TDR still use the lockers where you put change in and it gets swallowed up everytime you open your locker?

I hate those lockers and wish they would invest in the same style that Disneyland in California use.You know the ones where you enter a pin number but can re use it as much as you want all day!
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Re: Lockers

I like the lockers I saw all over Europe in their art museums. You put in a coin in order to release the key when you close the locker as a deposit. Keep the key on you, and when you come back to the locker to open it, your coin is sitting there with the rest of your stuff.

Lose the key and that deposit goes into the maintence man's pocket for his service of opening the locker for you.
    WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

I like the Universal Orlando Resort one that are free for an hour or so.
      Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Those darn lockers by Raging Spirits ended up eating 200 yen of mine because I didn't know it would deactivate as soon as I unlocked it again. I had to spend another 100 yen just to rent another one. Not to mention the change machines were broken and I had to buy a green tea just to get those 100 yen coins.
        ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

WDW has quite a good system going with the lockers.Not sure of the price but its something like a $7.00 charge.$5.00 for the actual use of the locker and a $2.00 deposit.Also if you decide after a long day at the Magic Kingdom that you'd like to spend the rest of your day at Epcot.You can just keep hold of the ticket hand over your key and get a new locker once you arrive at the second park for no extra charge.Plus you get your $2.00 deposit back once you've finish with your locker for the day.

Comment

The best Disney lockers are found at HKDL. You use the touch-sensitive TV monitors in the locker area to pay for the services...and they take either cash or credit card. Then you get a 6-digit code you can use to access and re-enter your locker as much as you need to during your day at the park. Cost is HK$45...which is about US$6. Best of all... NO waiting in line for it, NO deposit to come back to get, NO dealing with rude or inefficient CMs.. etc etc.

Comment

The lockers found in Hong Kong sound very similar to the Disneyland lockers.Very easy to use and convinient.

I wonder why TDR still use the old style lockers?
              Last edited by Malin; 08-25-2007, 06:22 AM.

Comment

The convenience of paying by credit card is nice, and having an all-day locker is nice too, but...

-Some people may only need to open a locker once. Say they store a jacket in the locker. They only need to go back to the locker in the evening when it gets cold, and after that they no longer need the locker. So in that case, it's cheaper with the "pay every time you open a locker." This may also promote a higher turnover rate for lockers, allowing more people to use one.

-Some people, including myself, find it easier to use a key than it is to use a touch screen where you have to go through a few screens and then enter a bunch of numbers. Sometimes you need to wait a tiny bit to use the touch screen for your locker block. Versus with a key, I can just pull it out of my pocket and click, unlock the locker. Maybe I'm just lazy.

Comment

You are not lazy, but maybe, technologically challenged?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X