X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OLC: Cirque du Soleil Theatre Opens October 1st, 2008

CIRQUE DU SOLEIL THEATRE TOKYO
    Grand Opening on October 1, 2008

URAYASU, CHIBA - Oriental Land Co., Ltd. announced today that Cirque du Soleil Theatre Tokyo, a new permanent theater for the world-famous entertainment group Cirque du Soleil, will open at Tokyo Disney Resort(R) on October 1, 2008, during the Resort’s 25th Anniversary celebrations.

Cirque du Soleil is developing an original show exclusively for this theater, adding an exciting new entertainment component to Tokyo Disney Resort.

The Presenting Sponsor for the show will be JCB Co., Ltd.

Exactly one year before the opening of the new theater, Oriental Land will open an official website and a call center for information on group tickets.

Official Site: http://www.cirquedusoleil.co.jp/home_en.php

JoeInJpn
    http://www.jtcent.com
    JoeInJpn
    Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
    For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
    Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Re: OLC: Cirque du Soleil Theatre Opens October 1st, 2008

Who's betting its going to be near impossible to get tickets for this show. I can imagine the Cirque du Soleil stuff apealing very much to the Japanese audience. I wouldn't be suprised if it attracted people outside of the TDR regulars.
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

What a curious choice of date for the opening...

Comment

ok now i have to go back!!!!
        OLM!!!
        There is no better park than TDS

sigpic

Comment

Excellent,

I'm a HUGE Cirque fan and am currently in the thought process of visiting TDL in January 2009 so this couldn't work out better
          CoHost of the Dedicated to DLP Podcast, part of the MiceChat MicePod Network
          www.facebook.com/FuseMP
          www.twitter.com/FuseMP

Comment

A visit in January 2009 is also when the scheduled Monsters Inc attraction is due to open. I'm happy to hear your considering a trip. We could do with more of my fellow Brits visiting this wonderful country. So will you be taking any more night classes to learn more Japanese?

Comment

Man that little Circus that I used to work for seems to have conquered the world.

Comment

The people in that photo are downright scary.

Comment

I need to buy tickets for our Oct 2008 trip!!!

Comment

Good luck with that, I look at this as not Cirque du Soleil coming to the TDR, but Cirque du Soleil coming to Japan. It could be months before the hype dies down.

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
                      Good luck with that, I look at this as not Cirque du Soleil coming to the TDR, but Cirque du Soleil coming to Japan. It could be months before the hype dies down.

Cirque du Soleil is not new to Japan. There's always one running in some Japanese city.

Comment

I meant it being the first country to host a new permanite theatre outside the States. The fact the Cirque du Soleil is already a hit in Japan just adds to what I'm saying here. Especially seeing that there are said to be planning a new show especially for this new theatre. This could end up being the hotest tickets in Tokyo.

Comment

Please, take one of ours. I'm begging you. Supposedly WDW is taking Mystere to replace La Nouba when the contract is up, if TDR could do the same and relieve us of O or something it would be much appreciated.

Comment

^^ That's not true at all - it's only a bad rumour. La Nouba is not going anywhere, Mystere is not going anywhere at the moment (in fact, if it was retired, it wouldn't be shifted anywhere else), and O certainly isn't going anywhere either. This is a BRAND NEW show for Tokyo, with this theatre custom built just for it, as are all the resident show theatres.

If you want to know more about the show, go to http://www.cirquedusoleil.co.jp

Comment

They aren't going to tour, but some of the older shows here have got to have their contracts coming. And if CDS gets an offer to take them elsewhere, then I say bon voyage! Obviously something like the Elvis show or that Criss Angel vehicle they're working on wouldn't really fit in any other town, but Jimminy Cricket is my fair city ever overloaded with art nouveau Quebecois gymnast exhibitions. Some of the larger ones are already seeing cutbacks and less than healthy crowds, and the best use of funds is to find a new permanent home.

Not having any theater gimmicks and being the oldest, Mystere seems like a prime candidate, but anyone will do.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X