This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thumbs down TDL!!

TDLFAN is not happy. I stopped by TDL the other day, Monday, and the park was close to capacity, even in the rain...as it was a crappy day weather wise..
    But I have to give thumbs down to TDL in two areas... First up, the nice flat garden that sits in the middle of the ticket booths outside the park and in front of the TDR Line station is being eliminated :thumbdown and replaced by plain black asphalt.
    Some of you know that about a year ago, the planters in that same area were reduced in size and replaced by nothing but more asphalt, making the front entrance into TDL as sterile as your average operating room in a hospital. Now, the nice garden that has been there since 83 is going as well.. This is a bad move on the current management at TDL, and it's regrettable. Now, more than ever I can say that DLP (with all of it's maintenance problems) and HKDL (with it's attendance problems) have the nicest walkways leading into the park.. mind you, not that TDL was that great in the first place, but now it's just about the worst one of all the 5 DL parks.

Secondly, I object about the poor conditions this park is now being allowed to fall into... most visibly in the Tomorrowland entrance area. The two towers, welcoming guests into Tomorrowland are in deep disrepair and in major need for refurbishment. The paint is peeling off and the towers look very dirty. Plus the water pond below is not being cleaned up at the bottom, allowing for sediment to build up. This is an extremely poor show for TDL, and one that OLC should be horribly ashamed for. Makes me wonder if they are following the lead of some American manager there and cutting corners in hopes of reducing cost and quality "by degrees" like Kevin Yee likes to call it.

Needless to say... TDLFAN is terribly upset and will complain about it until improvements come.

Re: Thumbs down TDL!!

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    TDLFAN is not happy. I stopped by TDL the other day, Monday, and the park was close to capacity, even in the rain...as it was a crappy day weather wise..
    But I have to give thumbs down to TDL in two areas... First up, the nice flat garden that sits in the middle of the ticket booths outside the park and in front of the TDR Line station is being eliminated :thumbdown and replaced by plain black asphalt.
    Some of you know that about a year ago, the planters in that same area were reduced in size and replaced by nothing but more asphalt, making the front entrance into TDL as sterile as your average operating room in a hospital. Now, the nice garden that has been there since 83 is going as well.. This is a bad move on the current management at TDL, and it's regrettable. Now, more than ever I can say that DLP (with all of it's maintenance problems) and HKDL (with it's attendance problems) have the nicest walkways leading into the park.. mind you, not that TDL was that great in the first place, but now it's just about the worst one of all the 5 DL parks.

Secondly, I object about the poor conditions this park is now being allowed to fall into... most visibly in the Tomorrowland entrance area. The two towers, welcoming guests into Tomorrowland are in deep disrepair and in major need for refurbishment. The paint is peeling off and the towers look very dirty. Plus the water pond below is not being cleaned up at the bottom, allowing for sediment to build up. This is an extremely poor show for TDL, and one that OLC should be horribly ashamed for. Makes me wonder if they are following the lead of some American manager there and cutting corners in hopes of reducing cost and quality "by degrees" like Kevin Yee likes to call it.

Needless to say... TDLFAN is terribly upset and will complain about it until improvements come.
    What's the equivalent of the City Hall in Tokyo Disneyland because that's where I would go if I were you. I hear they respond very well to feedback from guests and would not hesitate to improve your experience.
    Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
      What's the equivalent of the City Hall in Tokyo Disneyland because that's where I would go if I were you. I hear they respond very well to feedback from guests and would not hesitate to improve your experience.
      That would be Main Street House, where Guest Relations and Guided Tours are located at.

Comment

Yes, I thought so. I have made several complaints or compliments at City Hall in Disneyland before, being an Annual Passholder and all. I encourage you to do the same, or these problems may very well be overlooked. I can't imagine the average guest would complain about some gardens being removed for more walking space, as opposed to us Disney fans.

Comment

And thats done so much good for WDW in the past.

I think OLC view westerners as one time visitors anyway and really don't care what we think. From what I hear OLC have been putting these cost cutting measures in place for a number of years but just hide it better than the American and Paris parks do. I wouldn't worry to much as I'm sure your perfect park will be looking top notch by the time the 25th Anniversary begins in April 08.
          Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Comment

Uh-oh... TDLFAN is upset at TDR... Someone alert the WDW praisers that claim he only says bad things about WDW and only good things about TDR!

In all seriousness, I liked the planters. It's sad to see them go and be replaced by what is ultimately a big pedestrian parking lot. But, if I have to be positive about anything, hopefully that will mean a nice open space for event decorations that couldn't fit in the hub garden for one reason or another. Just imagine what they could install there during their next Halloween or Christmas event!!
            WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

TDLFAN, I believe the area is being cleared up for a special "TDL Hotel" guest entrance.
              JoeInJpn
              Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
              For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
              Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Comment

Originally posted by JoeInJpn View Post
                TDLFAN, I believe the area is being cleared up for a special "TDL Hotel" guest entrance.
                But how would that work as the area in question is located outside the turnstiles, near the ticket booths.

Comment

I didn't think I would EVER hear TDLFAN talk badly about TDR! This must be one of the signs of the apocalypse.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                    I didn't think I would EVER hear TDLFAN talk badly about TDR! This must be one of the signs of the apocalypse.
                    Hahahah. Duck & cover, duck & cover!!!!
                    Rod

.....a dawn for new awareness........(S.B. Anthony, American Adventure, Epcot)

Comment

It's a very cold day somewhere it's usually quite warm.

Wow, sad to hear about these things TDLFAN, know how much you love the place. Hopefully TDL isn't about to fall into the problems that have plagued the other Disney parks at one time or another throughout their history.

Comment

Someone contact the CoW croud to start a prayer circle... this could get ugly.
                        Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post

It's a very cold day somewhere it's usually quite warm.

Wow, sad to hear about these things TDLFAN, know how much you love the place. Hopefully TDL isn't about to fall into the problems that have plagued the other Disney parks at one time or another throughout their history.
                          This was exactly how things started taking a nose dive at the MK and DLP, and for what I understand, DL as well...during the Pressler Nightmare years.

And Joe, yes, the special entrance to TDL from the Hotel was my first thought in regards to this... but still, it is replacing the nice garden that gave this area a little bit of a feel. With the size reduction of the other planters and the Bin Ladden security check points... the TDL entrance have become a sad experience.

Comment

Comment

OLC encompasses so much more than just TDR. The resort may not be the reason why the stock is down.. but I don't follow financial matters in regards to Disney parks. I much rather talk about the quality I get versus the money I pay to enjoy it.

Comment

This was exactly how things started taking a nose dive at the MK and DLP, and for what I understand, DL as well...during the Pressler Nightmare years.
                                That's why I said that. Your exactly right. It started with minor things like this and just grew and grew from there.

Hopefully the same will not hold true for TDL. But it's happened everywhere else so the odds aren't good.

Comment

To get to the bright side, at least the OLC doesn't let levels stoop to below WDW lately-Disneyland finally woke back up after all these years and started fixing and maintaining better. I was in DLP a few years ago for Halloween, just after the decorations were put up & they even looked pretty shabby from the start-

I'll experience it in a few weeks- I just hope I'm not disappointed as well. But I do believe that if things are expressed in TDL, they would respond and correct the situation a hell of a lot faster than any of the other parks

Comment

And I'm just amused when people talk in the 3rd person.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                    Working...
                                    X