• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malin
    replied
    Re: Tokyo Disney Sea Halloween

Originally posted by TDR_Fan View Post
    I wouldn't say Tokyo DisneySea is short on E-tickets, as it has about 8 of them. I would say it's more the lack of A-D tickets to the same amount in the neighbouring Tokyo Disneyland. And in terms of sheer acreage, Tokyo DisneySea is about 60 acres or so larger than Tokyo Disneyland.
    What I mean is the park is huge and is full of eye candy, but all the attractions are too spaced out. So it seems like there are fewer attractions inside the park. Personally TDS offers atleast a full days worth of attractions and entertainment to keep everyone busy.

Leave a comment:

• ZeekSlider
    replied

The same can be said about Epcot pre-Test Track and Mission Space.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Many of the critics in regards to TDS' attractions are the ones who go for the thrill and spiels...of coasters and such. This park is not about that, but immersive adventures for the most part.

Leave a comment:

• TDR_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by Malin View Post
    When you say small in size I hope your refering to the number of E Ticket attractions and not how big the park is. As the parks easily as big as its nieghbour TDL.
    I wouldn't say Tokyo DisneySea is short on E-tickets, as it has about 8 of them. I would say it's more the lack of A-D tickets to the same amount in the neighbouring Tokyo Disneyland. And in terms of sheer acreage, Tokyo DisneySea is about 60 acres or so larger than Tokyo Disneyland.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Originally posted by Disneyland Jones View Post
    Recently visited Tokyo Disney Sea. Loved it! Quite small in size,
    When you say small in size I hope your refering to the number of E Ticket attractions and not how big the park is. As the parks easily as big as its nieghbour TDL.

Leave a comment:

• ZeekSlider
    replied

Originally posted by Disneyland Jones View Post
    If you like the character's "Chip and Dale", you will find them here!! They sell everything under the sun,"CHIP AND DALE", i went crazy!!
    Hence why I'm sad TDLFAN no longer does plushie purchases. I'm willing to forward money to someone's PayPal for sweet Chip & Dale plushies... when I have the cash to spare, that is.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

TOT in DCA and TOT in TDS only share the same ride sequence... other than that, both offer totally different theming and storyline.. and TDS' is far superior in that regard.

Leave a comment:

• Disneyland Jones
    replied

Recently visited Tokyo Disney Sea. Loved it! Quite small in size, but they did have plenty of Fast Passes (just in case). Tower of Terror was simular to the one in C.A. Just as fun! Indiana Jones ride was almost exactly the same as the one in Disneyland. I really enjoyed the "Journey to the Center of the Earth", and 20,000 Leagues. 20,000 Leagues is fun for children of the age of 8 and up. If your going to eat, there are a few places i would suggest. A New York Cafe, and the tastey Hot Dog Stand, by the Tower of Terror, prices are reasonable.
    If you like the character's "Chip and Dale", you will find them here!! They sell everything under the sun,"CHIP AND DALE", i went crazy!!

Disneyland4ever.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Correct. I saw a lot of japanese guests at HKDL a couple of weeks ago (my HKDL trip report/photos are still up) and they were all wearing some of this year's TDL Halloween merchandise... It was great fun!

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

This is the news article Zeekslider made mention of http://www.jtcent.com/extras/news/news_061029.html.

And I think the fact Halloween isn't really celebrated as big in Japan really proves how vauled the TDL event is each year. Need your Halloween fix just head on down to Disney. I do know that quite a few Japanese have visited Hong Kong Disneyland's Halloween event this year and have enjoyed it, due to it being much differnt to that offerd at TDL.
    Last edited by Malin; 10-21-2007, 01:30 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ZeekSlider
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Funny because they harly celebrate Halloween in Japan. Just retail it seems.
    Isn't there an article online somewhere about how Halloween was unknown to Japan until Disney came along? You know, similar to how Florida changed so dramatically after WDW was built. I think I read it on Joe's site, but I can't seem to find it.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Funny because they harly celebrate Halloween in Japan. Just retail it seems.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
    Ok maybe I need to clarify what I meant. I did not mean that the TDL parade was bad. It just did not grab me like the Hong Kong one did. It's probably those first 2 floats that are Nightmare Before Christmas inspired. I liked the spookier, creepier feeling that the HKDL one had.
    This is exactly the point I'm making, while the parades at TDL bring out the fun factor of Halloween, HKDL parade brings out a darker side. Which is why if TDS were to ever get its own Halloween event it should be differnt to whats currently offered at TDL. To offer guest an alternative. As not everyone likes there Halloween to be cute and fluffy, even in Japan.

Leave a comment:

• Melonballer
    replied

Ok maybe I need to clarify what I meant. I did not mean that the TDL parade was bad. It just did not grab me like the Hong Kong one did. It's probably those first 2 floats that are Nightmare Before Christmas inspired. I liked the spookier, creepier feeling that the HKDL one had. Maybe part of that came from the fact that the HKDL parade was filmed at night vs. the day for the TDL one. The TDL one seemed more family friendly, which is not a bad thing at all. I just like the darker tone of the HKDL one. The TDL one just seemed happier, peppier and cuter. By the way, both parades have the WDW MK one beat by a long shot. I watched a video of that one and the only things I liked about it were the Headless Horseman and Gravediggers with the sparking shovels.

When I said that comment about 'Disney parade with an overlay" i meant that it seemed like your standard Disney parade, but the characters were dressed as ghosts. It did not fell very halloween to me.

I will say this, I would never attend a halloween event like the ones they have at Universal, Busch Gardens, or SIx Flags. However, I would visit a Disney park during Halloweentime. I like spooky atmosphere and neat decorations, not people in bloody make up jumping out at me and gore.
    Last edited by Melonballer; 10-19-2007, 06:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

The TDL parade looked kind of boring.
    Sorry you feel that way, but I honestly believe this year's TDL Halloween Parade was one of the best they have done for Halloween. As opposed to last year's disjointed mess, this year's parade is inspired and has great music, with many borrowed elements from the Haunted Mansion and given a fun Disney twist. The floats are all brand new, and the costuming alone would sink the budget at WDW. Plus you mentioned something I have to comment on... "feels like a Disney parade with an overlay..." well.. "HELLO?"
    It IS a Disney parade made exclusively for a Disney park where Halloween is celebrated in a very Disney-like, family oriented, fun as heck, kind of way. That has always been TDL's aim for Halloween and I like that. I could only hope for the MK at WDW to offer as much for their separately priced MNSSHPs. DLP's Halloween has always been a bit of a misfire for me, and even thought HKDL's efforts this year are wonderful... I did disagree with some horror scenes in the Haunted Hotel, and something that can't be enjoyed by families together. That type of horror images should not be included in a Disney style halloween.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

The TDL parade looked kind of boring
    This years Halloween parade was great, I guess videos don't always do the parade justice like watching it live. But interesting to note I recorded both TDL Halloween parade and the DLRP parade that open for the 15th Anniversary and showed it to a few family members who while not Disney experts have all in the past visited WDW, DLR, DLRP before and much perfered the DLRP parade. Even through in my opinion both are just as good as each other. I think it just goes to show some stuff can come across better in person than on video.

Leave a comment:

• Melonballer
    replied

I loved the Hong Kong parade video. I enjoyed the creepier feel that it had. The TDL parade looked kind of boring. It seemed like any other Disney Parade, just with a halloween overlay, where the HKDL one seemed like a cool Halloween parade. My only complaint is that the music for the HKDL parade got old. I wish it had used music from NBX and the Haunted Mansion. Its possible it did and I could not hear it.

Leave a comment:

• jedimaster7313
    replied

I know that they do downplay the scarier elements in the tokyo parks. My friend collects Disney Villains & in the past there wasn't too much to find out there, as opposed to Paris where they seem to love gore and scary stuff.

There were a lot of great ideas for a TDS Halloween presented, like the NY area and Cape Cod areas- just from the old town feelings, ghosts and spirits would fit in well there.

In Mysterious island, Davy Jones and his crew would fit in with the Nautical themes, or even bring back the spirit of Nemo and his crew.

Mermaid Lagoon could easily have some family funny spooky elements easily added to it and god knows what Genie can come up with in Arabian coast.

Joe is right- let's hope the OLC reads posts here & gets some ideas flowing.

It can't hurt, what's the worse that can happen, boost attendance even higher?

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by steamboat will View Post
    I like the al-la-carte idea (which i guess is based on the EPCOT food event) and i guess it will run for many more years to come
    Don't bet on it.. I may return for another year or two, but I would not bet on it.
    Originally posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    Oh my gosh, you're not as stubborn as I thought you were, TDLFAN
    I can also administer a good spanking to those who deserve one for having preconceived notions on TDLFAN.

Leave a comment:

• CaliforniaAdventurer
    replied

Originally posted by steamboat will View Post
    it seems the japanesse love many things American, i guess that is part of Disney's sucsess in Tokyo and part of what makes Halloween and Christmas such big hits.

I can't think of any other big American Holidays which would be suitable to adapt to theme park events. Thanksgiving is an obvious choice but as that fall during the already popular Christmas time that's not really a option.

I like the al-la-carte idea (which i guess is based on the EPCOT food event) and i guess it will run for many more years to come
    No offense to Japanese people, but if Knott's Scary Farm or Universal Horror Nights caliber offerings were going on at Tokyo Disney resort, I'm afraid they'd think it was too scary, someone might have a heart attack.

Joe's ideas are more 'goth' than 'ghastly', that's why they kind of work and why TDLFAN had hesitations.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X