• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TDLFAN
    replied
    Re: Is Tokyo Disneyland less fun?

Originally posted by sediment View Post
    So, if you've got pictures, please show them!!
    Excuse me but I have been posting my pictures from Tokyo, Paris, Orlando and Hong Kong DL's as often as you can say "show them to us". You obviously do not read my reports nor use the "Albums here" link below in my signature...

Leave a comment:

• sediment
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Anyone who has been visiting TDL during halloween for the past 6 yrs or so would know some of the female costumes are more Vegas-like than anything you would see at the other parks, for one reason at least: female performers who are trained dancers, and not just people who "can move well" like at WDW's parades. Professional dancers do tend to have better bodies than most. If you got it, show it. That's one of the great things about TDR.
    So, if you've got pictures, please show them!!

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Anyone who has been visiting TDL during halloween for the past 6 yrs or so would know some of the female costumes are more Vegas-like than anything you would see at the other parks, for one reason at least: female performers who are trained dancers, and not just people who "can move well" like at WDW's parades. Professional dancers do tend to have better bodies than most. If you got it, show it. That's one of the great things about TDR.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
    And did anyone see the nighttime cavalcade before Dreamlights? It was Halloween themed, with loads of young women in costumes that are... um... non-Disney, though still fun. Like a mischievous devil look, for example.
    Oh yeah I did catch Haunted Rockin Street Party, and the Devil costume is a personal favourite. Kevin did you get a chance to try the lottery system to gain a seat ?

Leave a comment:

• sediment
    replied

Originally posted by KevinYee View Post
    And did anyone see the nighttime cavalcade before Dreamlights? It was Halloween themed, with loads of young women in costumes that are... um... non-Disney, though still fun. Like a mischievous devil look, for example.
    I don't believe you.
    I'll need to see the pictures.
    Lots of them.
    ASAP.

Leave a comment:

• KevinYee
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Why do you think I'm heading back next September myself. By the way TDR had some interesting costumes on sale this year during Halloween. Devil horns gave them extra points and a lot were wearing a Halloween French maid costume.

Leave a comment:

• ChrisFL
    replied

Originally posted by Malin View Post
    And the majority of those adult females are incredibly hot and cute looking:blush:
    ...booking my trip now...

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

How about calling it the TDR hot but cute female guest apreciation thread?

Leave a comment:

• soundtracker
    replied

Originally posted by Malin View Post
    And the majority of those adult females are incredibly hot and cute looking:blush:
    Can we start a thread about this, please? (Pretty please?)

Leave a comment:

• DisneySeaFan
    replied

Originally posted by euro disney stefan View Post
    you are alright - anyhow I watched some adverts of Tokyo Disneyland and the video park guides and I need to say that there is only a few kids everywhere.

It looks like Tokyo Disney Resort is very attractive to adults who try to escape their day to day life in Japan, rather than be a park for the families and the kids. For me, these parks a little bit off track when it's about the main idea of our great "Walt Disney".

But - I did never visit the parks in Japan - so I can easily be wrong.
    There are simply less and less families with small children in Japan these days. Women are being paid to have children.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Originally posted by Pressler69 View Post
    The majority of TDR guests are adult females according to the OLC's web site.

Leave a comment:

• Pressler69
    replied

The majority of TDR guests are adult females according to the OLC's web site.

http://www.olc.co.jp/en/company/guest/index.html

Leave a comment:

• TDR_Fan
    replied

you are alright - anyhow I watched some adverts of Tokyo Disneyland and the video park guides and I need to say that there is only a few kids everywhere.

It looks like Tokyo Disney Resort is very attractive to adults who try to escape their day to day life in Japan, rather than be a park for the families and the kids. For me, these parks a little bit off track when it's about the main idea of our great "Walt Disney".

Actually, there are a lot of children visiting. Videos don't properly convey the actual reality. And it makes no difference if adults like to visit the Disney parks. After all, we're all young at heart and children deep inside.

Leave a comment:

• euro disney stefan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

But may I add... speak to them S-L-O-W-L-Y, as it will get you far. However, it never helps to know some basic japanese phrases... like "gomen-nasai" (please), "sumimasen" (excuse me), nihon-go wakarimasen (do not speak japanese), and my favorite.."toire wa doko-desu-ga?" (where is the restroom?). Know those, and you will be in great shape.

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Yes most Castmembers will understand many english phases and you can easily comunicate like this. But finding a CM who will talk English back may be a bit difficult. But more and more are trying and I've noticed a big improvement in a year. Your best bet is to try speaking english to them and see what reaction you get.

Leave a comment:

• WDWizard
    replied

Just a random question,

In TDR, is the language barrier a big issue? Can you communicate with the cast members in english?

Leave a comment:

• Malin
    replied

Well its a good job you didn't see what I witnessed during my trip to Paris. A CastMember checking her cell phone while inside the park. Since when did Motorolla's become part of the costume hey!

Leave a comment:

• TDR_Fan
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
    Having been to all of the Disney parks (except DLR) in October, I can honestly say the Paris park is the one Disneyland that is the most un-Disney like in the way they conduct their business and other operational issues (maintenance/upkeep) with the product and the CM image as I explained in my thread in the DLP section..
    I agree. Such a shame too.

Leave a comment:

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
Working...
X