Get Away Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Christmas parade and shows 2015

Has anyone heard more about the new Christmas Stories parade, new Christmas version of Dreamlights, and the TDS shows?

Will the new parade have a good soundtrack? In English? Lol. Also will the Christmas music for Dreamlights change much from previous years?

TDS uses 90% of the soundtrack and 100% of the costumes from Christmas shows in the past except for character costumes. It is a low budget show with 1 barge and 2 ships. 100 dancers.
    Dont expect huge change for Dreamlights. They dont even change Mickey and Minnie's costumes.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Comment

press preview will start on nov 8

Comment

The seasonal shows in TDS are... TERRIBLE. I couldn't make myself watch any of them from start to end even once. My nine year old always points put that the characters don't move their mouths when they speak.

Comment

This year's TDL parade fell flat again for me. Not as badly as last year's did but still. They'd had an amazing run for over a decade and a half with only a few dull years for me but this was 2 in a row now. :/

Not all bad news though, as I was inexplicably drawn to the TDS Christmas Wishes - Perfect Christmas show for whatever reason. I rarely do like the TDS shows and up until now, for Christmas, I think I've only really liked the original Christmas Wishes show (in 2010?).

It was actually a key moment towards the end where a video I watched was zoomed in to 4 of the side characters during the finale song. I already enjoyed the theme song but I'm always drawn in when Tokyo is able to tightly choreograph things where different characters are complementing each other's moves while being completely unique in their characterizations and adding to the overall movement of the show. In a short, seemingly insignificant 20 second clip, it won me over with 4 characters dancing together completely differently when I know WDW would have just slapped them all in the same outfit and had them do the exact same, and probably less interesting, moves as each other.

Edit: By the way do I have anyone who would be willing to translate a note from English to Japanese for me? Hoping to ask a few youtube users for permission to use their footage and some of them might need it translated.
          Last edited by almandot; 11-15-2015, 12:08 PM.

Comment

I actually was there last week and enjoyed all of the Christmas offerings. I will admit I did like the Santa's village parade a little better, but still enjoyed Christmas stories. I really enjoyed a Perfect Christmas, I don't kow why TimmyTimmyTimmy thinks the shows are terrible, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. I am surprised that Tokyo hasn't started using the characters that WDW is currently using with the moving eyes and mouths, but I'm sure they will be eventually be changing over to them.

I also agree that the shows years ago have been much better and more elaborate than the current ones, but that seems the trend that they seem to be following these days that doing less is more. Sadly this seems to be the trend of all Disney parks worldwide and cutting down on holiday offerings.

Comment

Sadly Like everyone is saying, The offerings from the past few years has been dull and not so elaborate. That's because OLC ent Dept. is experimenting new entertainment. and this year has been reset ground for seasonal entertainment. Remember This year TDS had 3 new seasonal show TDL had 1 New parade and a new seasonal event Frozen Fantasy. The funds went to the expansion of the resort and we have to all remember this is a franchise park and isn't cheap to run and here in tdr we have more to offer regarding entertainment and we have the cheapest park in the world. and we don't put hard ticketed events.

Comment

Not as good as before but still way better than the U.S. Disney Parks.

Comment

Ways better than the 20 years old + Christmas Parade at Disneyland. Lol

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
                  Instagram
                  Flickr
                  Youtube

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X