Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips/Advice for Late December Trip

Hello everyone!

I'll be going to Tokyo Disneyland on Dec 21 and DisneySEA on Dec 22 and Dec 23. I basically would like to know how bad the crowds are going to be on these dates. Is it customary for the parks to be insanely crowded during this time?

Thanks!

We've been on those very dates and I was just thinking the other day that I miss our Christmas tradition of going to Tokyo Disneyland -- we were able to do that for 2 years while living overseas. Anyway, I think if you go with the idea that "okay, it WILL be crowded" and "we're just going to soak up the atmosphere and be happy to do what we get to do" you will have a wonderful time. With our park going experience and having been to Tokyo Disneyland, Disneyland in Anaheim, and WDW at various times through the year, on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being waaayyy crowded, I would put those dates around a 7.5-8. Take advantage of FPs, eat at off times -- lunch, for example, try just before 11:00 or wait until after 2:00 -- and force yourself to be there at least an hour before rope drop, you really can experience a lot of things. Keep in mind a lot of local tourists are there just to see the seasonal stuff such as the Christmas parades, to buy the seasonal merchandise, or just like to be in the park to see and be seen! Weather wise, on the times we were there during the holidays, one day we were comfortable in just long sleeve shirt and pants, but another time we were bundled up, wearing several layers plus a coat and gloves! If the wind is blowing in from the bay, you feel that dampness and it can be quite chilly. If you find yourself getting cold, that's a great time to take a time out inside a store to do some shopping, buy a D's Delights which is a seasonal warm drink that features different flavors to choose from, or sit and have a meal before heading back out. We loved the holiday buffets at both Crystal Palace and Sailing Day buffet! Oh, how you make me wish we could go back. Hope you have a great visit!!!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
    Working...
    X