Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply, and all posts will be heavily scrutinized.

The forum is for topics that are Disney-related, but controversial. Topics not directly related to Disney will not be allowed.
2 of 2 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Planning Vacation =] tips please!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planning Vacation =] tips please!

Hi Everyone!

I'm planning my vacation to TDR in March (very very excited!)

I was luckily able to book a room at the MiraCosta hotel for 3 nights.

We're arriving in the afternoon day 1, and plan on taking an easy day as I saw the park closes at 10. We were actually planning to have a course dinner at Oceano then head up to the room to enjoy fantasmic from our balcony. OOORRR we were thinking of getting a after 6 pass. =/ We are also debating if Oceano should be the restaurant we go to or order in room service.

I also heard that it's better to purchase tickets from the hotel as you get a park hopper ticket on the first day?? I hope it's true because that would be awesome!!

Oh and I was wondering if anyone knows about the miracosta bathrobe for duffy? I saw a picture online and I would LOVE to have one for him =]

Any Tips for the trip would be greatly appreciated!! Especially on how to travel to there from Narita.

TIA!

We're arriving in the afternoon day 1, and plan on taking an easy day as I saw the park closes at 10. We were actually planning to have a course dinner at Oceano then head up to the room to enjoy fantasmic from our balcony. OOORRR we were thinking of getting a after 6 pass. =/ We are also debating if Oceano should be the restaurant we go to or order in room service.

I couldn't believe you can book 3 nights at balcony room harbour view. This is awesome! I recommend you to have the room service because it will be really amazing when dining inside the room. Although the room dining menu isn't interested and beautiful like the course menu at the restaurants. If you have dinner at Oceano, you will be given a private balcony for Fantasmic as well. I saw some people ordered the course menu to the room, but i think they only allow that for one of the most expensive suite, ask them while you are there.

I also heard that it's better to purchase tickets from the hotel as you get a park hopper ticket on the first day?? I hope it's true because that would be awesome!!

Yes

Oh and I was wondering if anyone knows about the miracosta bathrobe for duffy? I saw a picture online and I would LOVE to have one for him =]

Those are fan/hand made from my understanding.

You can buy the limousine bus ticket at the airport and it runs directly to the hotel.

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Comment

I couldn't believe you can book 3 nights at balcony room harbour view. This is awesome! I recommend you to have the room service because it will be really amazing when dining inside the room. Although the room dining menu isn't interested and beautiful like the course menu at the restaurants. If you have dinner at Oceano, you will be given a private balcony for Fantasmic as well. I saw some people ordered the course menu to the room, but i think they only allow that for one of the most expensive suite, ask them while you are there.

OOOOHHH that's something to look into! I also have them setting up something for my husband's birthday in secret though...maybe I can change it up.

Those are fan/hand made from my understanding.

That's such a shame!!

You can buy the limousine bus ticket at the airport and it runs directly to the hotel.
      [/QUOTE]

Great Thanks! We would have a lot of luggage do you think that would be a problem for us??

Do you have any tips as well? Like things we HAVE to check out or ride?

Comment

If you can afford to book that hotel room, you can afford to take a taxi from Narita to the hotel for $200. Much nicer than waiting an hour or two for the bus after a long flight.

I also wouldn't waste half a day sitting in your hotel room. Get out and go to the park. You'll be glad you did because you'll want more than one day at each park.
        Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Comment

Before answering your question about the 'must do' attractions,there are a few things to consider. Have you been to other Disney parks? What types of attractions (rides) do you like normally? How many people are in your party? What ages of guests are in your party?

My recommendations for DisneySea:

The Tower of Terror is not in English but the decor and pre-show are fabulous.

Mermaid Lagoon is great for younger children. My son at age 7 loved the idea of waiting on the queue and riding all by himself.

Journey to the Center of the Earth has a great looking bug. We ride just to see him.

DisneyLand:

The Enchanted Tiki Room features Stitch and is unique to TDL.

Monsters, Inc., and Pooh's Hunny Hunt are also unique and fun.

Comment

A note about the tickets. Yes you can purchase tickets that allow you to park hop from day 1 if you're staying onsite, there is an additional charge however. It's an additional 1,600 Yen regardless of how many days you're purchasing. So basically an additional $16. Here's a link:
            http://www.disneyhotels.jp/en/guests...472574252#sv06
            Mission: Visit every Disney park. ACCOMPLISHED

Tokyo Disneyland & DisneySea: 10/14
            Disneyland Paris & Walt Disney Studios: 11/14
            Disneyland California & California Adventure: 5/01
            Hong Kong Disneyland: 3/15
            Walt Disney World & AK & Epcot & DHS: 11/98
            Shanghani Disneyland: 4/17

Comment

Originally posted by Fukai View Post
              If you can afford to book that hotel room, you can afford to take a taxi from Narita to the hotel for $200. Much nicer than waiting an hour or two for the bus after a long flight.

I also wouldn't waste half a day sitting in your hotel room. Get out and go to the park. You'll be glad you did because you'll want more than one day at each park.
              Woah! I didn't know I'd have to wait an hour or two! I might just do what you said and take a taxi or an uber ( I believe they allow uber there)

Comment

Originally posted by ThatBrunette View Post
                Before answering your question about the 'must do' attractions,there are a few things to consider. Have you been to other Disney parks? What types of attractions (rides) do you like normally? How many people are in your party? What ages of guests are in your party?

My recommendations for DisneySea:

The Tower of Terror is not in English but the decor and pre-show are fabulous.

Mermaid Lagoon is great for younger children. My son at age 7 loved the idea of waiting on the queue and riding all by himself.

Journey to the Center of the Earth has a great looking bug. We ride just to see him.

DisneyLand:

The Enchanted Tiki Room features Stitch and is unique to TDL.

Monsters, Inc., and Pooh's Hunny Hunt are also unique and fun.
                We've been to WDW and are annual passholders for DL/DCA (lalalalove Disney).We hit up the mountains usually, our fave is Big Thunder and Space. In our party it'll just be me and my husband, we're both 26.

I heard that the King Tritan show at Mermaid Lagoon is amazing! We're trying to figure out if dining at a show is worth it or which restaurants to make reservations at.

I am looking forward to Pooh's Hunny Hunt (and the Honey popcorn) and the Tiki room that they have there. Is Monsters Inc. similar in a sense to the astroblasters that we have here?

Comment

Originally posted by CoasterNut View Post
                  A note about the tickets. Yes you can purchase tickets that allow you to park hop from day 1 if you're staying onsite, there is an additional charge however. It's an additional 1,600 Yen regardless of how many days you're purchasing. So basically an additional $16. Here's a link:
                  http://www.disneyhotels.jp/en/guests...472574252#sv06
                  Wow thanks! I mean the tickets are so cheap compared to the prices here! So I wouldn't mind the additional $16 a day =] thanks for the info!

Comment

Originally posted by adizfan View Post

I heard that the King Tritan show at Mermaid Lagoon is amazing! We're trying to figure out if dining at a show is worth it or which restaurants to make reservations at.

I am looking forward to Pooh's Hunny Hunt (and the Honey popcorn) and the Tiki room that they have there. Is Monsters Inc. similar in a sense to the astroblasters that we have here?
                    I just got back from TDR. It was my first time and I was BLOWN away, especially at DisneySea! You guys are gonna have a blast. Regarding shows, there are so many, even at one park. I have to say, if your time is limited, save the King Triton show for last or skip it entirely. It's not good. There's no Ursula, no story-telling, just a concert where Ariel lip-synchs in Japanese and she interacts with projections. This is a new show that recently opened for DisneySea's 15th anniversary. It replaced another version of the show that was supposedly far more superior and was higher in production value. So you may have heard praise for THAT version of the show.

Try your darnedest to catch BIG BAND BEAT instead. The best stage show at the resort. You have to enter a lottery to watch it, so make sure you enter it every time you visit the park to see if you could score tickets. There are other shows like Out of the Shadowland, the daytime water pageants, Table Is Waiting and Fantasmic to catch. If you have time left and still want to check out King Triton's concert, by all means, go check it out, but save it for last after you have exhausted all your better options.

The similarities with Monsters Inc and Astroblasters are the interactive element, but that's it. Monsters Inc is far more superior as it's also an impressive dark ride that has more animatronics than DCA's version. You don't even have to play the game (shining flashlights on random objects to animate them). In fact, you might miss a few things. The game play is not as crucial as it is with Toy Story Mania or Astroblasters for you to maximize your enjoyment on the ride. I highly recommend you go to the park first thing in the morning and get a fast pass for it since it's very popular, and then make a mad dash over to Pooh's Hunny Hunt while the lines are going to be as short as they'll ever get for the remainder of the day.

I'm very envious you're staying at the Mira Costa. It's a gorgeous hotel. Hope this helped. Have a fantastic trip!

Comment

Originally posted by NycKmo View Post

I just got back from TDR. It was my first time and I was BLOWN away, especially at DisneySea! You guys are gonna have a blast. Regarding shows, there are so many, even at one park. I have to say, if your time is limited, save the King Triton show for last or skip it entirely. It's not good. There's no Ursula, no story-telling, just a concert where Ariel lip-synchs in Japanese and she interacts with projections. This is a new show that recently opened for DisneySea's 15th anniversary. It replaced another version of the show that was supposedly far more superior and was higher in production value. So you may have heard praise for THAT version of the show.

Try your darnedest to catch BIG BAND BEAT instead. The best stage show at the resort. You have to enter a lottery to watch it, so make sure you enter it every time you visit the park to see if you could score tickets. There are other shows like Out of the Shadowland, the daytime water pageants, Table Is Waiting and Fantasmic to catch. If you have time left and still want to check out King Triton's concert, by all means, go check it out, but save it for last after you have exhausted all your better options.

The similarities with Monsters Inc and Astroblasters are the interactive element, but that's it. Monsters Inc is far more superior as it's also an impressive dark ride that has more animatronics than DCA's version. You don't even have to play the game (shining flashlights on random objects to animate them). In fact, you might miss a few things. The game play is not as crucial as it is with Toy Story Mania or Astroblasters for you to maximize your enjoyment on the ride. I highly recommend you go to the park first thing in the morning and get a fast pass for it since it's very popular, and then make a mad dash over to Pooh's Hunny Hunt while the lines are going to be as short as they'll ever get for the remainder of the day.

I'm very envious you're staying at the Mira Costa. It's a gorgeous hotel. Hope this helped. Have a fantastic trip!
                      Thank you so much! I guess the reviews I saw as for the other version! I will try to for Big Band Beat instead. Did you see any of the shows with the dining option? Such as the luau or the shows at the diamond horseshoe? I'm really into food (haha!) and want to make a few reservations at the best places possible. I'm already aiming for the S.S. Columbia and Ristorante Di Canaletto

Comment

Originally posted by adizfan View Post

Thank you so much! I guess the reviews I saw as for the other version! I will try to for Big Band Beat instead. Did you see any of the shows with the dining option? Such as the luau or the shows at the diamond horseshoe? I'm really into food (haha!) and want to make a few reservations at the best places possible. I'm already aiming for the S.S. Columbia and Ristorante Di Canaletto
                        You're welcome! Happy to help. Regarding dining, I haven't seen the Luau or other dining options. You'll love Ristorante Di Canaletto for the ambiance alone, so that's a great pick. I haven't dined at S.S. Columbia, but I hear it's overpriced for the food, and the ambiance is just okay. (I'm all about atmosphere but that varies from person to person so the subdued color palette may appeal to you more.) I did manage to explore inside the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge on board the S.S. Columbia, which is more stunning, similar to Carthay Circle Lounge at DCA if you've been there. And you get table service for really good food that's very well priced.

I also HIGHLY recommend getting a reservation for Magellan's at DisneySea. It's inside Fortress Explorations at the base of the iconic Mt. Prometheus and the ambiance and food were top-notch. It's one of the best elegantly themed atmosphere for a Disney dining experience anywhere. It's stunning inside, you won't be disappointed.

I'm also a HUGE curry fan, so the Casbah Food Court at DisneySea and the Hungry Bear restaurant at Tokyo Disneyland were exceptional, especially if you want a more affordable counter-service option to break up your day. They're both sponsored by the House Foods corporation which is known for making the best curry to be enjoyed at home.

Keep in mind that most portions are small in Japan, but that allows you to partake of the numerous outdoor vending carts around the resort. From flavored popcorn to potato-churros, I could've eaten all day off food carts and be perfectly satisfied.

One little thing. Avoid burgers at the resort. It's not what they do best. Especially the ones at Tomorrowland Terrace (TDL) and Cape Cod Cook-Off (TDS). Yuck.

And since you're in Japan and you're feeling a little adventurous, check out Restaurant Sakura in the American Waterfront district of DisneySea, or Hokosai inside World Bazaar (TDL's version of Main Street). How cool would it be to say that you ate traditional Japanese cuisine on Main Street U.S.A.??? Both restaurants have gotten high praise by locals. So I say when in Rome...

I know it's a lot of information, but I think getting various people's suggestions here makes it a little fun, no? Plus, you've got time.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by NycKmo View Post

You're welcome! Happy to help. Regarding dining, I haven't seen the Luau or other dining options. You'll love Ristorante Di Canaletto for the ambiance alone, so that's a great pick. I haven't dined at S.S. Columbia, but I hear it's overpriced for the food, and the ambiance is just okay. (I'm all about atmosphere but that varies from person to person so the subdued color palette may appeal to you more.) I did manage to explore inside the Teddy Roosevelt Lounge on board the S.S. Columbia, which is more stunning, similar to Carthay Circle Lounge at DCA if you've been there. And you get table service for really good food that's very well priced.

I also HIGHLY recommend getting a reservation for Magellan's at DisneySea. It's inside Fortress Explorations at the base of the iconic Mt. Prometheus and the ambiance and food were top-notch. It's one of the best elegantly themed atmosphere for a Disney dining experience anywhere. It's stunning inside, you won't be disappointed.

I'm also a HUGE curry fan, so the Casbah Food Court at DisneySea and the Hungry Bear restaurant at Tokyo Disneyland were exceptional, especially if you want a more affordable counter-service option to break up your day. They're both sponsored by the House Foods corporation which is known for making the best curry to be enjoyed at home.

Keep in mind that most portions are small in Japan, but that allows you to partake of the numerous outdoor vending carts around the resort. From flavored popcorn to potato-churros, I could've eaten all day off food carts and be perfectly satisfied.

One little thing. Avoid burgers at the resort. It's not what they do best. Especially the ones at Tomorrowland Terrace (TDL) and Cape Cod Cook-Off (TDS). Yuck.

And since you're in Japan and you're feeling a little adventurous, check out Restaurant Sakura in the American Waterfront district of DisneySea, or Hokosai inside World Bazaar (TDL's version of Main Street). How cool would it be to say that you ate traditional Japanese cuisine on Main Street U.S.A.??? Both restaurants have gotten high praise by locals. So I say when in Rome...

I know it's a lot of information, but I think getting various people's suggestions here makes it a little fun, no? Plus, you've got time.

Cheers!
                          I'm Glad you mentioned Magellans! I was thinking about going there but I always see the portions and they're tiny! I mean, I'm the type of person who is satisfied with half a chipotle bowl, but I don't think it'll be enough for my husband or he might not think it's worth it. I would love it for the experience alone, but I have heard rumors the food is sub par and you are really paying for the atmosphere. Restaurant Sakura and Hokosai is also on my hit list! hahah Hopefully I'll also have time near the end of the trip to go back!

Comment

Some tips from when I went a year and a bit ago:

* Get an English map ahead of time. I totally forgot to do that, and had to backtrack to Pooh's Hunny Hut. Very annoying to get there 20 minutes after opening!

* Do the "get a FastPass, then see another big-name attraction" thing if you can. The lines there are unbelievable.

* Skip the Toy Story attraction at DisneySea and you'll have MUCH more time to do the other stuff. Those lines are completely insane, and it's the same attraction you'll see everywhere else. It's a moderately-fun arcade game- that's it!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X