This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tinker Bell featured on TDL Hotel

Deep Disney has posted a few shots of the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel, that as of today now feature Tinker Bell on the top spiral.

http://www.toms-net.com/DeepDisney/i...2007111602.htm
    http://www.toms-net.com/DeepDisney/i...2007111600.htm
    http://www.toms-net.com/DeepDisney/i...2007111603.htm

http://www.toms-net.com/deepdisney
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Re: Tinker Bell featured on TDL Hotel

That is correct. I took a couple of pictures as well just two days ago. Went to TDR today for a few hours as well... TDL was extremely crowded, yet the doors were open to new guests in the late afternoon. TDS was very very busy as well.

Comment

Here's a pic I took today.

JoeInJpn
      Contact me at contact(at)jtcent(dot)com!
      For the latest TDR News, read JTCEnt.com's TDR Nempa Blog!
      Watch TDR Videos and Photos on Joe's Tokyo Disney Resort Photo Site!

Comment

I'm a little confused. Is TDL Hotel, along with the Miracosta and Ambassador, intended to be tiered or ranked as the WDW hotels are? Or are they like the Spice Girls--each different and to each his own?

Do you have any insight into what TDL's place is among the current hotels?

Comment

I would place the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel between the Ambassador and the MiraCosta. The new hotel will be very lovely, but it won't have the location, views, and the complete immersion of the MiraCosta. The rates somewhat reflect this, as most of the MiraCosta's rooms are more expensive than the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel's. All 3 hotels are in the deluxe range, with the MiraCosta exceeding even that level in my opinion.
          Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

Can't wait to book my room!

Comment

Me too! Luckily, I'm visiting in the first week of the hotel's operation.

Comment

Oh, I love it!
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

reminds me of disneyland's 50th anniversary lampposts along main street heh

Comment

Originally posted by TomGirl307 View Post
                    I'm a little confused. Is TDL Hotel, along with the Miracosta and Ambassador, intended to be tiered or ranked as the WDW hotels are? Or are they like the Spice Girls--each different and to each his own?

Do you have any insight into what TDL's place is among the current hotels?
                    Shush your mouth!!! TDR is NO Mickey Mouse operation like WDW. All hotels here are TOP NOTCH. No catering to the trailer crowd at TDR and I like it that way.

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                      Shush your mouth!!! TDR is NO Mickey Mouse operation like WDW. All hotels here are TOP NOTCH. No catering to the trailer crowd at TDR and I like it that way.
                      Sheesh, it was an anaology! Or is it a simile? I'm pretty sure it's a simile...

I like WDW! And I happen to not live in a trailer. WDW is a place that many people and families save money to have the pleasure of visiting, and I think they rightfully take pride in having earned a chance to visit. I'm sorry you feel it's not up to your standards.

Aside from your disapproval of my choice of illustration, TDLFAN, in your mind are all the TDR hotels created separate but equal? Or is one for families vs. couples? Splurging guests vs. budget travelers? Fantasy-themed vs. Romanticized-Reality-themed? Etc...

I'm sorry, Malin. I didn't mean to hijack your post, if that's what I'm doing. :shy: Tinkerbell does remind me of the 50th lamp posts at DLR. Was it Paris that had the characters adorning the turrets of its castle?

Comment

Magic Kingdom had the characters on the turrets. Paris is using them now for Walt Disney Studios' sorcerer hat

Comment

While all the Disney hotels at the Tokyo Disney Resort are in the deluxe range, I do feel that the Tokyo Disneyland Hotel is more of a family hotel than the other two. It has larger rooms for families and the Disney characters play a larger role in creating a dreamlike atmosphere. The MiraCosta is definitely the most romantic and suitable for couples, and the Ambassador is the most affordable. They do each offer something special though. The Tokyo Disneyland Hotel offers magic and fantasy, the Hotel MiraCosta beauty and opulence, and the Ambassador Hotel nostalgia and classiness.

Comment

I'm sorry you feel it's not up to your standards.
                            I don't think you have to apologize for WDW's lesser standards, unless of course, you happen to be a WDW exec. In that case, then I accept your apology.

Aside from your disapproval of my choice of illustration, TDLFAN, in your mind are all the TDR hotels created separate but equal? Or is one for families vs. couples? Splurging guests vs. budget travelers? Fantasy-themed vs. Romanticized-Reality-themed? Etc...
                            I think the TDR Disney Hotels are equal in the fact that they do not cut back quality nor they disguise the lack of it as "whimsical"... such as the case with the All-stars, and Pop century resorts at WDW. But since the american minds tend to be more simplistic, whereas the japanese seem harder to impress.. I feel the TDR Hotels are a cut above anything WDW is offering right now. Certainly there word deluxe or moderate seem insufficient in regards to TDR's Hotels.

I'm sorry, Malin. I didn't mean to hijack your post, if that's what I'm doing.
                            Don't apologize to him. He does a very good job hijacking threads as well with his frequent links to Deep Disney.

Comment

Don't apologize to him. He does a very good job hijacking threads as well with his frequent links to Deep Disney.
                              Links of interest... Stop being so bitter about it too!

Comment

I'm sorry, Malin. I didn't mean to hijack your post, if that's what I'm doing. :shy: Tinkerbell does remind me of the 50th lamp posts at DLR. Was it Paris that had the characters adorning the turrets of its castle?
                                No need to apologise

Paris and WDW Castles both had characters around the castle. I believe TDL castle will also be doing something with the castle for the 25th Anniversary.

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
                                  No need to apologise

Paris and WDW Castles both had characters around the castle. I believe TDL castle will also be doing something with the castle for the 25th Anniversary.
                                  Really? And you go this from DeepDisney as well?

Comment

Really? And you go this from DeepDisney as well?
                                    I would post a link but I know how you will react. So I'll just wait 8 months for you to bring the pictures back.

Comment

^^You could send the link to me.

The Tokyo Disneyland Hotel will probablly be stunning either way. I originally thought it was going to be a clone of the other Victorian series, but I guess not. Original and HUGE. Can't wait to see it.

Why oh why can't they just tear down the OLD Disneyland Hotel in CA and build something like this??? It is painful to have to suffer with the ugly block-bricks of the CA Disneyland Hotel.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyMickey View Post
                                        ^^You could send the link to me.

The Tokyo Disneyland Hotel will probablly be stunning either way. I originally thought it was going to be a clone of the other Victorian series, but I guess not. Original and HUGE. Can't wait to see it.

Why oh why can't they just tear down the OLD Disneyland Hotel in CA and build something like this??? It is painful to have to suffer with the ugly block-bricks of the CA Disneyland Hotel.
                                        I agree. The label of Disneyland Hotel is now synonymous with a Victorian theme, so it really is quite a shock to see the original park having one not even worthy of having its name.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X