This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enchanted Tiki Room, Get the Fever

Having the worlds biggest hangover yesterday made me forget that the Enchanted Tiki Room show, Get the fever finished. I have to say this was a great show and I'm sad to see it go well before its time. But hey at the same time I'm excited by the upcoming new show opening this Summer that will feature Stitch.

Anyway I've started this thread for those who wish to leave a coment or two about this version of the Tiki Room attraction.

Anyone wishing to add pics or video feel free to do so also!
    Follow me on Twitter http://www.twitter.com/malin1804

Re: Enchanted Tiki Room, Get the Fever

mmmmmmm, I think it's a terrible idea, just like when they added Zazu and Llago to the Tiki Room in Florida. No one like that version anyhow. Ummm, ive never seen the Las Vegas Tokyo version so i dont know what im missing but I think if they add stitch, it wont be for the better.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

Originally posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
      mmmmmmm, I think it's a terrible idea, just like when they added Zazu and Llago to the Tiki Room in Florida. No one like that version anyhow. Ummm, ive never seen the Las Vegas Tokyo version so i dont know what im missing but I think if they add stitch, it wont be for the better.
      Well Stitch lives in Hawaii and deal with Tikis sometimes. Hmm.
      Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

Ummm, ive never seen the Las Vegas Tokyo version so i dont know what im missing but I think if they add stitch, it wont be for the better.
        I remember seeing video of it somewhere, and for what it's worth, it's no better than the original. They just added a girl parrot who sings a cover of Gloria Estefan's "Get on your feet" as the finale. Kind of wish I could find that video again, as it is worth revisiting for comparison sake.
        WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

Having never seen the show, but only hearing the soundtrack (in both English and Japanese, so I understood the jokes), I liked it. It certainly had a closer feel to the original than "Under New Management" does. "Get the Fever" updated the show without making it too hip or ironic. I hope they can do the same with Stitch, because I know how much they love to go nuts with that character. The last thing the Tiki Room needs is Chili-dog breath!!!
          Meow

Comment

The show Get the Fever was certainly the best version in my opinion. I have notice a lot of criticism for them using Stitch in the new show, but it makes perfect sense as he is one of the parks most popular characters and will revive interest in this show, kind of like Jack Sparrow has done with the POTC attraction.

Comment

Originally posted by Malin View Post
              The show Get the Fever was certainly the best version in my opinion. I have notice a lot of criticism for them using Stitch in the new show, but it makes perfect sense as he is one of the parks most popular characters and will revive interest in this show, kind of like Jack Sparrow has done with the POTC attraction.
              Yeah, but he belongs in Tomorrowland, not Adventureland.
              "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE

Comment

And I still think Monsters Inc. would do better in a revival of the Energy Pavilion in Epcot rather than next to Stitch in MK's Tomorrowland.

Thing is TDL doesn't have that luxury, so Stitch goes into Adventureland, Monsters go into Tomorrowland, and everyone will enjoy the character-driven attractions.

My only hope is that the Stitch AA they add to the Tiki Room is as good if not beyond the level that he is in MK's attraction... minus the spitting and the reportedly awful chili dog smell.
                WARNING: Any opinions expressed by this user are wrong.

Comment

Stitch lives in Hawaii, not the future.

Comment

Stitch is by far one of the most, if not the most popular character at TDL. In their opinion, the show with stitch can't come sooner.

Comment

So it will be like Alien Encounter with singing birds?

Comment

Ummm, ive never seen the Las Vegas Tokyo version
                        There's a Tiki Room in Vegas?

:blink:

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          There's a Tiki Room in Vegas?

:blink:
                          no, the tiki room in tokyo has a vegas type theme.
                          __________________________________________________________

Comment

Maybe at the other parks but in TDL Stitch can be found in Adventureland. He's been posing for autographs and pics at this location for a long time too.

Comment

Wow I just got that feeling of being so far out of the loop it made my head hurt. I had no idea that ___________________________ tiki room show was closing. While I am happy to see it go, adding Stitch to anything IMHO is overkill. But he does fit in Adventureland so much more then Tomorrowland and I think him in the tiki room could be good. But Lilo should be in it also!
                              Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X