X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disneyfreak
    replied
    Re: TDS' Raging Spirits photo report

Lets just say that we would never get a ride like that in the states because the excutives dont consider a smaller type ride like that to get that much theme. We will get rides like Mulhullan Madness and rides like that. I am envious of Tokyo Disney Sea.

Leave a comment:

• DLRP_bopazot
    replied

hi

I'm like soundtracker i want to ride Raging Spirit so bad and try this Single Rider line too .

The form of the Restraints aren't the same as Paris . The Theming of this ride looks incredible .

Leave a comment:

• Disneylandrocks55
    replied

I was expecting it to be a tad bit more themed in the coaster section, but it's still something I REALLY want to ride, it looks like a blast!

Leave a comment:

• tloolgb
    replied

Togo Death Machines. Japanese seem to like rough coasters.

Leave a comment:

• Peabody
    replied

If it's bumpy and rough, many of the Japanese will likely not complain too much. I rode MANY coasters in Japan (primarily built by Togo) that were BRUTAL. Way worse than any coaster I've ridden in the states (other than our Togos). The average roughness factor over there seemed to be higher than ours.

Leave a comment:

• soundtracker
    replied

Euro Disney Stephane has made a very good point - the loop is completely un-themed! That's a little surprising, given that the loop in the French version follows the curves of the large archway at the top of Les Escaliers des Serpents. (The Serpents' Stairway).
    But I agree with TDLFAN - judging by these photos, the track layout looks EXACTLY the same! (By the way, TDLFAN, I forgot to thank you for the photos in my last post. They are awesome!)
    You mention that Raging Spirits is a superior clone of Temple Of Peril. In what way? Apart from the special effects at the temple steps, the ride itself looks relatively un-themed. I must admit I was expecting something a lot more dramatic from the mighty DisneySea park!

Leave a comment:

• Pluto94
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    CORRECTION: The ride is located at Tokyo DisneySEA, not TDL.
    I meant to say the entire resort instead of just TDL.

Leave a comment:

• euro disney stefan
    replied

Thank you very much TDLFAN - It would be great though if Paris could get a little bit of fog and some flames and water onto Indiana Jones - just to make it a bit more exciting.

In fact, I think that they did a great job concerning the looping - you walk up the temple stairs and you see the cars upside down in front of you. I did not notice that in Tokyo

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by lazyboy97O
    While I think it look really cool I just have one problem. I don't like seeing all of that coaster ssuperstructure.

And from everything I've seen the layout is not identical to Indiana Jones. It sort of a Matterhorn and WDW Space Mountain sort of thing.
    The structure is visible and it does cover up the central temple set with cascading waterfall in the middle of it, however..you can trust me on this since I have been on DLP's Indy several times and know the ride like I know the back of my hard.. The ride is the same at TDS as it is in Paris. Only the queue layout and the fact that the side of the coaster that faces front in Paris, faces to the back of the park (where the queue was recolated) here in TDS, but the track is totally the same.

Leave a comment:

• lazyboy97O
    replied

While I think it look really cool I just have one problem. I don't like seeing all of that coaster ssuperstructure.

And from everything I've seen the layout is not identical to Indiana Jones. It sort of a Matterhorn and WDW Space Mountain sort of thing.

Leave a comment:

• Dustysage
    replied

I love all the fire and water effects, and the fog adds a nice creepy touch!

Leave a comment:

• tloolgb
    replied

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    That would be Sheikra in Busch Gardens tampa.
    Oh. Didn't know that. I remember some press release saying "drop into sinkhole"...anywho. Thanks!

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by milo_vhw
    But hey japanese guests won't even know it's a clone, because how many japanese do you see at DLRP?
    A lot in fact. Lots of japanese travel to Europe and DLP is one of their preffered stops along the way. I have seen lots of japanese guests at DLP the last two times I visited DLP last Feb and Mar, and am sure they will be there as well when I visit at the end of Aug. They however may or may not know that TDS' Raging is a better clone to INDY's Temple of Peril.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by euro disney stefan
    compared to the Indiana Jones ride in Paris - is Raging Spirits really the same ride? longer? more exciting? are there indoor areas and effects?
    The ride track is exactly the same as in Paris. No difference whasoever, except for the show aspects and sets around the ride. Much nicer and better designed than DLP's. No indoors, very bumpy and just as exciting a coaster as Paris'.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by scoobygang7144
    Those pictures are amazing. The ride looks incredible. Looking at those pictures makes me want to go to TDL even more.
    CORRECTION: The ride is located at Tokyo DisneySEA, not TDL.

Leave a comment:

• TDLFAN
    replied

Originally posted by tloolgb
    So wait, did they cut out the part about dropping into the sinkhole?

These are very good though, thanks for sharing. Can you see the two "god" statues that they pieced together wrong?

And are the trains 2 cars or 3 cars?
    The train is 2 cars (12 seats total). No sinkhole drop. That would be Sheikra in Busch Gardens tampa. There is a statue (see in my pics of a head being screwed into a column...maybe that is it.

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied

:bow:

Leave a comment:

• villain
    replied

I will be visiting TDR in October, these pics just got me even more excited for my trip!! THANK TDLFAN!!!! :bow:
    Last edited by villain; 08-11-2005, 11:42 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hidden Goofy
    replied

They have the space to add the effects... The ride looks great at night. Great Pictures TDLfan!

Leave a comment:

• soundtracker
    replied

As an ex-Temple of Peril Cast Member, I really want to try Raging Spirits! It looks exactly the same as my beloved Temple, but will some extra-cool themeing. Especially the Cast Member costumes! They look pretty funky, don't you think? In Paris, we all looked like boy scouts. Now I hope those rumours about the effects being added to the Paris version come true...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X