Help Plan my Tokyo Trip

Ad Widget

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Plan my Tokyo Trip

Went to Tokyo and the TDR for the 1st time 5 Years ago and I'm getting ready to go back. This time I'm bringing some friends.

Basic plan:
    6 days in Japan. Three in Tokyo and three at the TDR
    3 day park hopper and staying at a Disney Hotel for those 3 days

So here are my questions:
    1) When can I go where the the refurb schedule is at a minimum. I don't
    want to miss something while I'm there?
    2) When does Monster Inc. open?
    3) Out of all 3 Disney Hotels which one should I stay at? Im thinking Mira Costa and I want the park view. What room is that?

Any help would be appreciated. Thx

Re: Help Plan my Tokyo Trip

Well first thing I'd point out is that you can't get a 3-day park hopper at TDR. For 3-day tickets, TDR would force you to spend the first 2 days at either Tokyo Disneyland or Tokyo DisneySea w/o park hopping, and then only allow park hopping on the 3rd day. Not sure if you meant that or just meant that you'd be visiting both parks a few times in those 3 days, but in case you weren't aware of the rules, there ya go.

The hotels question is forever a question of budget and what you expect from your hotel stay. More information on that can yield a better answer.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom." -- James 3:13

Re: Help Plan my Tokyo Trip

I read that Monsters Inc. is supposed to open April 15, 2009, but that could have changed. Maybe someone else can confirm?

The TDR web site lists the temporary closures from now until about June - see if it helps in your planning, it definitely helped us picked the right week for us: Tokyo Disney Resort: Temporary Closure of Park Facilities
      WDW Annual Passholders

Our Trips:
      Oct. 2006 - Disneyland/DCA (offsite)
      Feb. 2007 - WDW - Coronado
      Oct. 2007 - Disneyland Paris (offsite)
      Apr. 2008 - WDW Honeymoon - Grand Floridian
      Sep. 2008 - WDW - Pop
      Jan. 2009 - WDW - AK Lodge
      Apr. 2009 - Tokyo DL & DisneySea - Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay
      Nov. 2009 - WDW - Port Orleans Riverside
      Oct. 2011 - WDW Caribbean Beach
      Dec. 2012 - WDW Pop