Announcement

Collapse
1 of 3 < >

MiceChat Knott's Scary Farm Event

Tickets for MiceChat's annual Knott's Scary Farm meetup are now on sale. Event info can be found here - scaryfarm2017.eventzilla.net
2 of 3 < >

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge

The Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge has been opened. You can find it in the Lounges section.

All MiceChat rules still apply.
3 of 3 < >

Registrations

All new user registrations require email verification. Please make sure that micechat.com is not blocked by your SPAM filter. Approvals are done at least once per day, but no approval will be given for accounts that have not verified their email address. No account created using anonymous services will be approved. These include proxies, VPN's, and Tor exit nodes. IP address reputations are also checked. Any IP address with questionable reputation will be banned and the registration denied.
See more
See less

Opinions/suggestions sought...

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Opinions/suggestions sought...

Hi ho again--

So I think I've pulled together a trip for 11/6-11/17 (yay!) I am, however, woefully underplanned (boo!) Currently, I have reservations at the Hotel Universe 11/6-8, and then on points at the Sheraton Tokyo Bay for 11/8-13. I had tentatively considered trying to get to the Ghibli Museum on the 7th, and doing TDR 11/9-12. Then, things get a little vague.

I had heard that Nikko, in addition to the temples/shrines, also has a couple of amusement/theme parks as well. Are they worthwhile? Do you need 2 days to do them? I was off-handedly thinking of going out to Nikko on the 13th, then staying for 2 nights there to see whatever's out there to see. The other alternative might be to go back to Hotel Universe for 11/13-16, and meander around Tokyo (is the Costco good? Does it have cheap Japanese stuff? Or just less-expensive Western stuff?) I contemplated trying to get to Universal Studios Japan, but it seems like a long trip for just a weekend.

I have enough Hilton points to stay 2 nights so I'd then move to either the Hilton Tokyo Bay or Conrad Hilton for the last 2 nights. Tokyo Bay would be more convenient if I decided I needed to go back to TDR on 11/16, however I think Conrad Hilton is supposed to be nicer.

Thanks for any input! Woo! TDR!

Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X