X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mellywil
    • Jan 2005

[Question] One free day in Tokyo, what to do?

Our trip is only six weeks away now and we're getting really excited. We have decided that we will spend a weekend-day visiting Tokyo rather than the Disney parks to give us and the kids a bit of a break from Disney. So, what are your suggestions. Our boys will be 3 and 16 months. It doesn't have to be anything exciting or even organised. All and any suggestions welcome
    Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
    May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
    September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
    June 2003 DL
    Dec 2002 WDW
    April 2002 DLP
    Dec 2001 DL
    Nov 2000 WDW
    Oct 2000 DL
    Oct 1997 WDW
    April 1994 DL
  • luckyone
    TDR and Japan fan
    • Sep 2008

Re: One free day in Tokyo, what to do?

what do you like to do???, you can always check your hotel tours or recommended places you will sure love tokyo is marvelous I loved it specially shinjuku, i would recommend going on a red bus of two floors that takes you around Tokyo, or maybe hang around Shinjuku, although its very busy. I also recommend going to the tokyo tower, and visiting the gardens of the imperial palace, and also its fun checking out Mitsukoshi(departamental store with a big dragon in the middle made of precious, semiprecious materials), im sure anywhere you go its fun
    Trips:
    DLR: 2001, 2002, 2005, 2006, 2009 may
    WDW: 1993,1994, 1995, 1997, 1999, 2000, 2004, 2006, 2011
    DLP: 1996, 2002, June 2009
    TDL: July 2008, July 2010
    HKDL: wishing it will be soon

Comment

• Flickering Bulb
      keh!
      • Jul 2005

the imperial gardens are quite nice and the tokyo tower is a great way to see the city. for a peacful break from the big city i recommend yoyogi park and the meiji shrine. for nighttime excitement/busy city life i recommend Shibuya. all the people and lights had my attention

Comment

• mikeland
        World Traveler
        • May 2005

When I was there in 2003, we spent a nice time at Toyota's Megaweb, which is like a car show for Toyota's vehicles. It was right next to a car museum and mall. I might go there again this time.

Comment

• Mellywil
          • Jan 2005

Great suggestions! I really like the idea of the open-top bus, that should be short enough to keep the kids' attention. We're also contemplating the Tokyo Tower. We might start with the bus and play it by ear depending on how tired the tots are.

Thanks guys!
          Next trip September 2013

Past trips:
          May 2010 TDL and DisneySea
          September 2006 TDL and DisneySea

Dec 2005 DL
          June 2003 DL
          Dec 2002 WDW
          April 2002 DLP
          Dec 2001 DL
          Nov 2000 WDW
          Oct 2000 DL
          Oct 1997 WDW
          April 1994 DL

Comment

• kustomboy
            MiceChatter
            • Mar 2007

We went here one day on our last trip and it was alot of fun. Lots to see and good shopping. Tokyo Travel: Odaiba (Daiba)

Comment

• jedimaster7313
              You have much to learn...
              • Jun 2006

I've been on several tours in Tokyo- I've linked a one to the daytime city tours- some full day- some half day. The Dynamic Tokyo may be of interest to you since it's a bus tour that includes the Tokyo Tower, as well as many popular sites around the city. You can just check out all the other tours on the main site- just click on the Sunrise tours logo to get the main site.

Tokyo : JTB SUNRISE TOURS

The one thing you have to know about these tours though- They usually do pick up service from hotels in Tokyo- They do not go to Tokyo Disney Resort- So you may have to take the train into Tokyo Station- then walk a few blocks to one of the nearby hotels- Pickup times are early for morning tours. The one thing though, most tours drop you off in a different area in the Ginza district- so you may have to ask the tour guide for information on how to get back to Tokyo Station since you would have to take the train back to Maihama to get back to TDR.

Hope this helps- If you have any further questions, you can always private message me

Comment

• TDLFAN
                Banned User
                • Feb 2005

I would leave the kids at home with the grandparents and have fun with my spouse. After all, they are too young for Disney and Tokyo sightseeing. With that said, i'd do the Hakone and Fuji tour.

Comment

• nish221
                  Minion FOREVER!
                  • Mar 2005

There's the Ueno Zoo.

It's been a while since I've been there... They had pandas, but I believe the last one expired some time ago. I remember some talk to China loaning another, but I don't think there another there yet.

Sanrio Puroland seems to have decent pub for smaller kids, but I've never been there so I can't comment too much.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X