• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jessjoshjett
    New MiceChatter
    • Mar 2010

[Question] First time visit to TDR

I've just booked our first trip to Tokyo for myself and my 3 children, aged 3, 8 and 11. We are all super excited

We are staying at the Sheraton Grande for 6 nights, 1 July - 7 July 2010.

We are flying in from Australia at around 7pm Wednesday 1 July.

Please help me decide 3 or 4 day multi pass?

Is it too ambitious to head to the park the next day Thursday 2 July, considering we had an 8 hour flight the day before... If not, which days would be better?

I'm also needing some quick and easy breakfast and inexpensive meal ideas for the children who are a little fussy Also, things we can do on the off disney days.

I've visited the California Disneyland pre-kids and my two older children have visited HK Disneyland.

Any other suggestions that could make our visit as smooth as possible would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Bronwyn
  • SoCA6ft5
    New MiceChatter
    • Feb 2010

Re: First time visit to TDR

Originally posted by jessjoshjett View Post
    I've just booked our first trip to Tokyo for myself and my 3 children, aged 3, 8 and 11. We are all super excited

Please help me decide 3 or 4 day multi pass?

Bronwyn
    Here's the good news from the TDR Website regarding upgrading tickets: "After you exit the Park, you may upgrade a Multi-Day Passport as long as there is at least one day left unused. (One-Day Passports cannot be upgraded after you exit the Park.)" So even if you buy a 3-day, you can upgrade to a 4-day for the price difference if you change your mind (just do so before you exit on the 3rd day). You can upgrade at Guest Relations, Main Gate Ticket Booths, and the Tokyo Resort Ticket Center.

My advice would be to plan on (at least) four days. We just returned during a relatively slow time of the year and spent 6 days in the parks. The extra 2,100 Yen (Adults) and 1,600 Yen (children 4-11) is small price to pay for the decrease in stress having extra days brings.

As for going in on July 2, keep in mind multi-day passports are good for consecutive days only. If you're only going to the parks 3 days, you may want to maximize the "non-weekend" days by avoiding Saturday in the park.

The breakfast buffet at the Sheraton is pricey (3,300 Yen for Adults), but they also have pastries at Toastina (off the lobby) and sandwiches in the Oasis annex for (somewhat) reasonable prices.
    Last edited by SoCA6ft5; 04-13-2010, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• rkj1969
      New MiceChatter
      • Oct 2009

I did a trip report a few months ago about our Thanksgiving trip to TDR that would cover most of your questions - and there are many others if you use the search box below to seek out the posts labeled "trip report"......

Comment

• jessjoshjett
        New MiceChatter
        • Mar 2010

Thank you both for your replies - greatly appreciated.

Its going to be unavoidable to miss the weekend... So what would be better: Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday (1/2 day) or Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday - full days.

Comment

• Roger55
          Just another Disney fan..
          • Jan 2005

I would do Sunday - Wednesday. I would also suggest going to TDS on Sunday.

Comment

• jedimaster7313
            You have much to learn...
            • Jun 2006

Unless you have other plans while in Japan that week- I don't think you can go wrong by getting a 4 day pass. Being the summer- the parks will be CROWDED and even with multiday passes, you still may not be able to get as much done as you would like- but getting a 4 day, it will allow you more freedom to do the things you want to do over, or get things done that you missed the first time.

I've looked at all other options & the 4 day is the best value- Like using the Starlight or evening passes, it sometimes comes out to more money if, let's say, you get a 3 day- then an evening pass, you may just as well go for the 4 day since it will cost less.

I don't know how much you've read into these forums already, but like many say- be there well before park opening since lines form hours before park opening, be prepared for the morning stampede & try to use the fastpass system whenever possible.

The japanese tourists line up and wait for just about everything- it's not unheard of for some to wait along the parade route for several hours. Don't fall into that trap of waiting for a parade-keep an eye on the parade route and see just how busy it is - they make everyone along the route sit down to watch, so even if you are in the back- you will still have a great view. There is also standing room- but that is behind the designated seating area.

Shows are a different story- they wait even longer for them to have good views. If they are offering the lottery-usually for One Man's Dream in TDL and Big Band Beat in TDS- your party can enter the lottery for assigned seating once a day.

Don't miss out on any of the shows and parades- they usually are spectacular. I don't know the exact dates, but watch some of the summer shows where they blast water at you.

If you want to shop for souvineers, don't wait till the park closes- It's an absolute zoo & the shops close their doors within minutes of park closing.

If you have any other questions, just ask or if you want to private message me.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
            Working...
            X