Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Hilton Tokyo Bay

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilton Tokyo Bay

Hey guys I've just booked 20 nights at the Hilton Tokyo Bay. I have a few questions.

1) Does anyone what time breakfast starts? My room includes breakfast and want to try and make the most of this while we are there.
    2) My room is a Celebrio Ocean room, does this mean I'll get a Bay view or just the ocean?
    3) As I'm staying a long time, we will be going into Tokyo and visiting Puroland but the rest of the days we will be at the parks would it be better to buy a AP?
    4) Will they let me check in to my room before 3pm? My flight arrives at Narita at 9.10 so I'm hoping to arrive at the hotel around 12 as I'm getting the Limousine bus.
    5) Anyone know how good the room wifi is?
    6) Does anyone have a any upto date photos of the hotel?

Thanks in advance

Re: Hilton Tokyo Bay

I just read this post after your transportation question-

1) I don't know exactly what time breakfast starts, but believe it may be 6:30 or 7am- don't quote me, I haven't done breakfast there in a while.

2) If it is a Celebrio Ocean view, it should be the Bay- across the way is Tokyo and some days you can see Mount Fuji

3) If you are going to the parks for 16 days- which is 4 4day passes (or more), then it would be worth it to get an annual pass- I don't know exactly when you are going- but park pass prices are going up on April 1, 2015- I read that you could buy them in advance to get the current prices. I based the above on the new park pass prices- you should read this http://www.olc.co.jp/en/news/olcgroup/20150129_04e.pdf It is the announcement about the change in prices effective 4/1/15. I would think getting just 4 4 day passes- a total of 12 days is enough to experience everything- but if you would rather spend the whole time there- go for it.

I absolutely love Tokyo Disney- but going to the parks for over 2 1/2 weeks even sounds a bit much to me- I would dedicate a good amount of time for the parks, but I would love to explore more of Tokyo and Japan with the extra time

4) If the room is ready, they would let you check in- it's just like any other hotel, there's no guarantee that the room will be ready- but I've never arrived that early.

5) The Wifi is ok, I had some problems from time to time, but it is fairly good

6) I don't have any particular photos, but the pictures on the Tokyo Bay Hilton site are fairly current as to the way the rooms look.

I don't know if you joined or not, but you should join the Hilton Honors program for free- for the length of time you are staying there- it would be well worth it and you may even qualify for extra room nights that you could use on future trips since you have a long length of stay there already.

For you question about leaving at 7am for a 11am flight- I think that is sufficient time to get to the airport by bus- but it's entirely up to you.

Have a great trip

Comment

Again, depending on when you are going you might NOT want to buy an AP.

APs are the first group of passport holders to be blocked out or forced into delayed entry to the parks on crowded days. Dated passport holders will always be allowed in.

Comment

The Hilton Tokyo Bay is apart of he Official Disney hotels which have guest benefits such as baggage delivery to the hotel when drop off at the Tokyo Disney Resort Welcome Centre near JR Maihama Station from 8am.
        In Japan they pretty strict about check in-times not being too early and always ask for a time at or after 3pm to be your check in time, but this service is useful as it enables you to do as you wish at Disney fast and not have to lug your luggage around any further, allowing you to go have fun and show up to your hotel with your luggage already there.
        Tokyo Disney Resort Official Hotels | Tokyo Disney Resort
        Tokyo Disney Resort Welcome Center | Tokyo Disney Resort

Or of your showing up directly to the hotel they may hold your luggage for and ask you to come back to check in at or after 3pm.

Comment

Originally posted by jedimaster7313 View Post

I absolutely love Tokyo Disney- but going to the parks for over 2 1/2 weeks even sounds a bit much to me- I would dedicate a good amount of time for the parks, but I would love to explore more of Tokyo and Japan with the extra time
          I plan to go into Tokyo and do other things other than go Disney the whole time I am there

Comment

Originally posted by Roger55 View Post
            Again, depending on when you are going you might NOT want to buy an AP.

APs are the first group of passport holders to be blocked out or forced into delayed entry to the parks on crowded days. Dated passport holders will always be allowed in.
            This was my main worry about getting a AP. I am going end of October to the 2nd week of November.

Comment

Japan Tours to Mt. Fuji, Tokyo, Kyoto, and Nikko - JTB Sunrise Tours & Experience Japan

I've done the Mt Fuji/Hakone tour, the Nikko tour and the single day tours of Tokyo. All are usually presented in English.

If your not into tours- just hop on the train from Maihama and take the Keiyo line into Tokyo Station- from there you can hop on a train just about anywhere you would want to go around Tokyo.
              For the park passes- You may have researched into this already- but the 4 day passes are 1 day at Disneyland and 1 Day at Disney Sea and the other 2 are hoppers. I wasn't aware that there were so many restrictions with the annual passes. I would suggest trying to get them ahead of time since some days can possibly sell out at the parks.

Usually hotel guests are able to gain entry- so if you buy from the Hilton, you shouldn't have a problem- but the hotels sell tickets on a cash only basis. The Ticket center in Ikspiari & front gates accept credit cards- but when I tried to buy at the ticket center, some days at TDL & TDS weren't available- so they can sell out of some tickets on certain days.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask.
              Last edited by jedimaster7313; 02-10-2015, 07:00 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your reply!

We are going straight to the Hilton and hoping we can check in early, I really don't want to attempt going in to TDL/TDS after such a long flight with a sleepy 9 year old, and it's a weekend and I hoped to avoid them if possible.

I know on my list so far is the Sky Tower, Puroland and Visiting Harajuku. I wanted to at least visit one shrine but I haven't researched that so far. I will look into a tour, could be fun and educational too.

Still debating on the AP. Is during the week ok for those with APs? If not I'll have to get the 4 day tickets instead. I don't mind about the restrictions regarding 1/day one park thing. Do you get any park discounts if you own a AP?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X