This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• size of beds?

Looking at the TDL resort hotel websites, the standard beds seem to be what in Australia we would call double beds -smaller than queensize and larger than a twin. Some of the standard rooms in the Ambassador seem to have a double and a twin. Two friendly adults can share a double bed.

However, the room descriptions seem to assume one bed per adult. So, is this a cultural thing, or are the beds smaller than they look?

Please bear in mind we are a family of 4 fairly large Aussies, all over 5ft 8", up to 6ft tall. We have a teenage boy and girl who won't want to share a bed, but I am wondering if a room with two beds and a trundle would fit us all.
    Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

Re: size of beds?

Standard rooms at the Disney hotels have 2 double beds (120 cm wide) and one trundle bed (100 cm wide). Some rooms come with one super queen bed (180 cm wide) and one trundle bed. You may want to reserve a Superior Alcove Room if that seems a bit tight (at the new Tokyo Disneyland Hotel only), as it has 4 beds in total (2 double beds + 1 trundle bed + 1 alcove bed).
    ~ Tokyo DisneySea’s Arabian Coast at nighttime ~

Comment

I assume you mean a full? A double is just two twins pushed together. I'd say 2 adults can fit on a full if they are...friendly...as you put it, but the kids will need seperate beds. Now as for bed length, a full is the same length as a twin. Do your feet hang off of a twin? If so that will tell you about what your in for.

Comment

Thanks.

Fascinating that we call beds different thing in different countries.

Sound like the two doubles and trundle will be OK.

I prefer the length of a queen over a twin, but won't be fussed if we can get a cheaper room.
        Visited DLR 1976,1978,1991,2001,2007, 2011; WDW 1976,1985: DLRP 2010

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X