This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] One Man's Dream?

Ok.. I just got one of the Disney maps from a rest stop and decided to look at it. on hollywood studios it has toy story MANIA (no midway), has the new Narnia movie thing (it says opening summer 2008), but does not have one mans dream. If you look closely you can see the picture of walt but on the ride and attraction list there is no One Mans Dream. Does this mean it might be going away?

Re: One Man's Dream?

I doubt it ... it was there this very past weekend.

Comment

No I think it must be some typo or something. That show and area is perfect for a nice break and some history.

Comment

I hope not, though it seems to attract almost no visitors (the theater is always empty). I don't think they'd plan to close it until they have something in mind to use that area for.

Comment

That attraction hasn't been included on the out-of-park maps for a while. It's still very much there (too bad it isn't in DCA)!

Comment

that's my favorite attraction...

Comment

Oh well.. if all else fails, we still have "One Man's Dream 2" at TDL...

Comment

Originally posted by SomethingWicked451 View Post
                I hope not, though it seems to attract almost no visitors (the theater is always empty). I don't think they'd plan to close it until they have something in mind to use that area for.
                On our early June visit, there were plenty of visitors in the exhibit. It wasn't OVER crowded, but comfortably busy. The theater, otoh, it seemed that most people just walked through and out the doors without staying to watch the film. My sons (8 and 6) loved the film, though. I'll do it next time we go, probably.

(We also loved the drawing classes at the Animation Academy (I think that's what it was called)...

Comment

More than likely, you'd see the Backlot Tour and/or the Narnia walkthrough disappear before One Man's Dream. OMD's building doesn't lend itself to much. If they were going to get rid of it, you'd probably see permits for demo.

Even if they did remove it at DHS, it would probably be moved to one of the following: Disneyland, DCA, or the Magic Kingdom.

And, like others have said, those out-of-park maps are pretty crap-tastic. I guess they can't spring for a person to proofread those things.
                  - Horizonsfan

Comment

Yeah I don't think they will get rid of it in the new future. It got decent traffic when it was at a dead end. Now that its on the way to TSM, it probably gets even more traffic.

The film is really great, but my favorite part is walking around the preshow area at all the old Disneyana stuff and the miniature models.
                    www.shannonhegarty.com

Comment

its a great show...personally I liked eisners voice over more than ms Andrews

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                        Oh well.. if all else fails, we still have "One Man's Dream 2" at TDL...
                        2 completely different things.

Comment

Originally posted by nnic View Post
                          Ok.. I just got one of the Disney maps from a rest stop and decided to look at it. on hollywood studios it has toy story MANIA (no midway), has the new Narnia movie thing (it says opening summer 2008), but does not have one mans dream. If you look closely you can see the picture of walt but on the ride and attraction list there is no One Mans Dream. Does this mean it might be going away?
                          i heard it was on its way out
                          Marquis d'Bod of the RCMC... always and forever

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
                            i heard it was on its way out
                            Nope. It's staying & should be updated for the 40th anniversary of WDW.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X