Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How strict is WDW with their height restrictions?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Question] How strict is WDW with their height restrictions?

    Does anyone have a comment with respect to height restrictions. My son is 49" so I suspect he is ok to go on most rides, but my daughter is 43" and I suspect she is too short for many of the coaster rides?

    Any thoughts?

    Traci
    Last edited by NeverNeverland; 06-17-2008, 01:21 PM.

  • #2
    Re: How strick is WDW with their height restrictions?

    Here are some of the height restrictions I found on the WDW site:

    Magic Kingdom
    Big Thunder 40"
    TL Indy Speedway 52" (those under 52" must ride with someone over 52")
    Goofy's Barnstormer 35"
    Space Mt 44"
    Splash Mt 40"
    Stitch's Great Escape 40"

    EPCOT
    Mission Space 44"
    Soarin' 40"

    Disney's Hollywood Studio
    Tower of Terror 40"
    Rock n' Rollercoaster 48"
    Star Tours 40"

    Animal Kingdom
    Expedition Everest 44"
    Dinosaur ? (site went down, so I'm not sure minimum height)
    Kali River Rapids 38"

    They are ALWAYS strict on minimum heights, for due to safetly regulations.

    This list might not be complete, because WDW doesn't have just one page to look at for minimum heights, you have to look at each individual attraction to find out IF it has any restrictions, So you will still want to check with Disney. Disney usually indicates the minimum heights on the maps that you receive at the entrance of each park.
    Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
    An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
    Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
    Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How strick is WDW with their height restrictions?

      As Aladdin said....very strict about height restrictions. She is too small for some of the coasters, God forbid she slipped through...you don't even want to go there....She can do Space Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain & Spash Mountain. But forget Rock N' Roller Coaster & Expedition Everest, she is too small for those.
      Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
      www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

      Look for this logo when booking Disney.
      Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
      Favorite Sites for latest news:
      WDWNewToday.com
      WaltDisneyBoards.com
      DisneyReporter.net.ms

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How strict is WDW with their height restrictions?

        43 inches gets you on most rides with only a couple of exceptions. She's an inch shy on Mission Space, Space Mountain and EE. Can you get her shoe lifts to meet the requirements?

        The question then becomes should you? Space Mountain is a tough decision. Your child rides by themselves which can be difficult. EE is a lot of fun but intense. Thats really a choice depending on the child. Mission Space is 44 inches because of the restraints. The Green version is very tame and really no problem for anyone who is claustrophobic
        www.jamboeveryone.com
        Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

        sigpic

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How strict is WDW with their height restrictions?

          we at Space Moutain are strict on height....at least us old timers....CP's and perm-greeters (newbies) may let you slip by outside and waste your time waiting in line. If you do slip by outside, we will usually offer you to do a child swap inside so we dont waste your wait time in line. But we do have to be strict on height - its for their safety :-)
          sigpic Blast Off Into Adventure!!


          Originally posted by TheRockr
          Space Junk once taught Peter Pan how to do Mick Jagger's famous strut.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How strict is WDW with their height restrictions?

            The Height restrictions are there for you and your childs safety. Therefore they must be strict.

            It's a shame though that a question like this needs to be asked. It's also a shame when I see guests arguing with cast members because their child is an inch or two too short for a ride. They paid all this money to come to Disney World now we won't let their kids ride on the rides. That's not very "magical". However should their child be allowed on the ride and an accident happens because of the height restriction not being enforced, they'd be first in line at a lawyers office wanting to sue because Disney didn't enforce the ride.

            Unfortunately, Disney gets flack whether they do or don't.

            But SafeD begins with me and if your child does not meet the height requirement your child will not ride. Come back in a few year when they can meet the requirement.
            Last edited by ti2gr; 06-18-2008, 05:30 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How strict is WDW with their height restrictions?

              It's not only a matter of safety, but also a matter of keeping the lawyers happy. "Mantenga pies y piernas..." even if pies y piernas means the same. What do they know?

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How strict is WDW with their height restrictions?

                Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                It's not only a matter of safety, but also a matter of keeping the lawyers happy. "Mantenga pies y piernas..." even if pies y piernas means the same. What do they know?
                Not really ... "pies" are feet while "piernas" are legs. But it's all good.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How strict is WDW with their height restrictions?

                  Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                  Not really ... "pies" are feet while "piernas" are legs. But it's all good.

                  It's because Dinsey incorporates all possible situations, such as when a person can stick their leg out of the monorail, but keep their foot inside.

                  Hey, maybe it is. I am sure there are people who are missing feet that visit WDW.

                  -dave
                  "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                  "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How strict is WDW with their height restrictions?

                    Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                    Not really ... "pies" are feet while "piernas" are legs. But it's all good.
                    In english at least. But think of it... you have to put out your leg in order for your feet to stick out. Seems redundant to me. Besides, this is only lawyer induced crap at WDW... and speaking of... we really do not need spanish safety spiels as most hispanics do understand english. Why not then play the same in japanese? Especially since english is so prevalent at TDR...and all over Japan. Why not cater to the huge japanese fanbase that makes the trek all the way to WDW?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How strict is WDW with their height restrictions?

                      To answer the original question, they are strict. That's why they are called Restrictions.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How strict is WDW with their height restrictions?

                        Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
                        The Height restrictions are there for you and your childs safety. Therefore they must be strict.

                        It's a shame though that a question like this needs to be asked. It's also a shame when I see guests arguing with cast members because their child is an inch or two too short for a ride. They paid all this money to come to Disney World now we won't let their kids ride on the rides. That's not very "magical". However should their child be allowed on the ride and an accident happens because of the height restriction not being enforced, they'd be first in line at a lawyers office wanting to sue because Disney didn't enforce the ride.

                        Unfortunately, Disney gets flack whether they do or don't.

                        But SafeD begins with me and if your child does not meet the height requirement your child will not ride. Come back in a few year when they can meet the requirement.
                        A couple of years back my youngest was 44" almost dead on. She would stand under the height thing and her head would touch the bar, but she could stand under it. No tiptoes, no special shoes, nothing like that.

                        She got on Mission Space, Space Mountan, and every other 44" ride except EE. Not a big deal to me. The CM there was doing his job and in his opinion she was too close to call it 44". My daughter was upset, but I spent a minute talking to her, and then all was good. We rode it 8 months later when she made the height easily. I can't understand how an adult guest can get so upset when their kids are too short. Disappointed yes, but upset - no. It's for their kids safety.

                        -dave
                        "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
                        "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How strict is WDW with their height restrictions?

                          Originally posted by mctlm View Post
                          Does anyone have a comment with respect to height restrictions. My son is 49" so I suspect he is ok to go on most rides, but my daughter is 43" and I suspect she is too short for many of the coaster rides?

                          Any thoughts?

                          Traci
                          Every time I've seen a child that is close, the CM's are very strict about not letting them on the attraction if they are not tall enough. Remember the restriction is for your childs safety. I know it can be disappointing, but as the saying goes, better to be safe than sorry.

                          I can't remember all of the requirement, but if you check www.disneyworld.com you can find the height restrictions for most rides so you will know. Who know, your daughter might grow that needed inch by the time you get there.

                          Have Fun
                          John






                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: How strict is WDW with their height restrictions?

                            Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                            Why not then play the same in japanese? Especially since english is so prevalent at TDR...and all over Japan. Why not cater to the huge japanese fanbase that makes the trek all the way to WDW?
                            That'd be fun, tshirts with the japanese version of "Por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas."

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: How strict is WDW with their height restrictions?

                              another idea would be to kick the CM in the shin and run to the ride vechile real quick like
                              www.jamboeveryone.com
                              Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X