This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Rumor] The WDW Red Roof Inn

I was wonderin' what you all think of this. I have heard that a Red Roof Inn will be a part of the Flamingo Crossing Expansion. Well, what do you think?

http://www.mouseextra.com/2008/06/17...sion/#comments

Thats an article on it from Mouse Extra
    www.jamboeveryone.com
    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Re: The WDW Red Roof Inn

I think the entire Flamingo Crossing development is a horrific, embarrassing shame.

Crofton, Weiss and Rasulo have invited the hideous, godforsaken sprawl of Red Roof Inns, Burger Kings, Motel 6s, Walmarts, etc. - the very same that Walt Disney always lamented overrunning the orange groves around Disneyland - onto ever rarer undeveloped WDW land. This management team continues to cheapen, sell-off and otherwise chip away at the quality of the WDW property that Walt, Roy and the other visionaries went to so much trouble to piece together out of private holdings.

Those who are responsible for Flamingo Crossing are, in effect, defecating on Walt Disney's dream and the core values of his company.
    http://www.idealbuildout.blogspot.com/

Comment

Red Roof? Oh, so finally! There is hope for a cleaner hotel than the All-Stars, right on Disney property!

Comment

Walt Disney World already has a red roof inn, however through the 'magic" of Disney it's called The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa

Comment

Meanwhile, what is the status of that hotel property located in Downtown Disney between the Hilton and the Royal Plaza? Is it still being renovated or what?

Comment

Holiday Inn is still renovating it. Although given the time frame that it has been under renovation it could have been torn down and rebuilt by now.

Comment

Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
              Walt Disney World already has a red roof inn, however through the 'magic" of Disney it's called The Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
              Certainly you can't be serious?

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                Yup ... I hear it being called that before as well. It does have a red roof!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RandySavage View Post
                  I think the entire Flamingo Crossing development is a horrific, embarrassing shame.

Crofton, Weiss and Rasulo have invited the hideous, godforsaken sprawl of Red Roof Inns, Burger Kings, Motel 6s, Walmarts, etc. - the very same that Walt Disney always lamented overrunning the orange groves around Disneyland - onto ever rarer undeveloped WDW land. This management team continues to cheapen, sell-off and otherwise chip away at the quality of the WDW property that Walt, Roy and the other visionaries went to so much trouble to piece together out of private holdings.

Those who are responsible for Flamingo Crossing are, in effect, defecating on Walt Disney's dream and the core values of his company.
                  Randy, I read your post aloud in my best Macho Man Randy Savage voice (throwing in the occasional "dig it" and "ooooh yeah") and I certainly see where you are coming from.

Not sure if I can ever unsee the image WDW defecating, however...
                  sigpic
                  Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

sigpic
                    Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

Originally posted by ti2gr View Post
                      Holiday Inn is still renovating it. Although given the time frame that it has been under renovation it could have been torn down and rebuilt by now.
                      It's been going on for over a year and a half now. What gives?

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                        Red Roof? Oh, so finally! There is hope for a cleaner hotel than the All-Stars, right on Disney property!
                        AMEN!

Comment

At least it's not right in the middle of the property. It can be avoided pretty easily.

Comment

Originally posted by DisneyPrincess4590 View Post
                            Some CM's call it that.
                            Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                            I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                            on Bay Lake.

Comment

Grand Floridian vs Red Roof Inn...what wins?

And Denise that sig is getting big
                              www.jamboeveryone.com
                              Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X