This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News New AP Rates Released

August - Sept. Annual Pass rates have been released, hope it can help someone out.
    Booking dates: 6/18 - 9/27/08
    Travel dates: 8/3 - 9/27/08
    Booking code FKH
    Value $64
    Moderates $99 plus tax
    AKL standard $144 plus tax
    Beach Club Gdn $244 plus tax
    Polynesian Gdn $259 plus tax
    Grand Floridian Gdn 304 plus tax
    Wilderness Cabin $174 plus tax
    Saratoga Studios $169 plus tax

Re: New AP Rates Released

That's pretty darn cheap! Kinda wish I had my CP this year instead of last year.

Of course the only reason why the hotel prices are going to be so cheap this year is because of high gas prices.

Comment

Looks about the same as the AP rates that they have every year. :P
      Burnt Toast
      The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Better than earlier this year!
        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
        I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
        on Bay Lake.

Comment

The rates are pretty typical, but still not nearly as good as a few years ago.

This is a very soft period for attendance to begin with, and worse with the current economic conditions.

I also saw AAA rates at the Ritz Carlton for $169-229 and as low as $159 at the Dolphin ... so there are plenty of better deals out there at the deluxe end of the spectrum.

Also, have seen rooms again in the $25-30 range with Priceline at major off-site properties, so clearly the market is showing some major softness.

Comment

Hmmmm - the $99 for moderates isn't horrible. Might be a good time for us to continue our quest to spend a night at each moderate resort. (We'd do the same for the values, but the All-Star resorts don't interest us.)

Comment

The mods are certainly worth $99 as are the values for $64 ... although in terms of actual 'value' (i.e. what you get for your money) you can do far better on the value end.

FWIW, the least-expensive deluxe offered is the AKL at $144 (quite worth that).

Comment

..and it amazes me how much cheaper they're willing to offer AKL than CR or Poly. I guess Monorail access really does have it's perks? I often wonder if they shoot themselves for placing AKL so far away from the center of the action.
                Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

It's amazing to me because DAK Lodge is so unique, not just as a Disney resort but as a resort in this country, period.

The sad fact is most people even in 2008 think 'Disney World' is the MK and want to be as close to the princesses and pirates as can be. For some unknown reason, DAK Lodge is viewed as being located something akin to in Tampa for these folks who want to rush to breakfast at Chef Mickey's.

FWIW, I have found the bus transport at the Lodge to be just about the fastest and most reliable in general of all the resorts that rely on buses as their primary transport.

If I knew when I'd be able to be there in Sept., I'd have already booked the resort!

Comment

I agree - I love wandering around AKL - never stayed there yet, but it's such a different experience than just about anywhere else. However, my other half wants to try WL next, so we'll see what happens there.

Comment

Originally posted by SkittleKicks View Post
                      I agree - I love wandering around AKL - never stayed there yet, but it's such a different experience than just about anywhere else. However, my other half wants to try WL next, so we'll see what happens there.
                      That's a toughie. WL is my favorite WDW resort with DAK Lodge coming in second (followed by Poly, Contemporary, Swan and BW in case you wondered).

I've spent probably 70-80 nights at WL and maybe 40-45 at DAK Lodge over the years.

You won't go wrong with either, that's for sure.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X