Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Is DHS set for a downward spiral?

All of the stuff from the new park name to the bad press about the new attractions (TSM and the American Idol Experience) has got me worried.

Sounds like a bit of foreshadowing to me.

Then again what do I know?

Re: Is DHS set for a downward spiral?

What bad press about Toy Story Mania? ???
    Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

I agree with MonkeyJoe. I haven't seen much bad press about TSMM since it's opened. Everyone who has ridden it seems to like/love it. A solid D attraction. Now if they just create more attractions with AAs...

Also, there are many reports that seem to state the opposite is true and DHS is on the upswing.
      It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

As others have stated, I have yet to see a substantial amount of criticism for TSMM. The only over-all negative criticism I've seen has come from some die-hard/overly-obsessed fans.

If anything DHS today is far better than MGM was just a few years ago. It's nowhere near perfect but it's getting better.

From where it was, it can only go up.
        - Horizonsfan

Comment

Toy Story Mania is the best new attraction to open in quite a while. American Idol will certainly please a certain audience. If I, or most of us, had my/our way, American Idol should have no place at a Disney park, but we don't. It will eat some crowds and it's much better than having that theater empty.

Comment

Its definitely not in a downward spirial. And things are most definately looking up.
            Visit

Click the Banner

Comment

I havent seen bad press. It think they are trying to improve the park.
              Kelly

Comment

It may not be in a downward spiral but I don't think having an attraction based on American Idol is the greatest idea.

Comment

Like others above I have no idea where the notion of a downward spiral comes from. TSMM is great attraction by all accounts, while a Star Tours redo is imminent, in addition to (very likely) a wild mouse coaster (one version of which has been a big hit at WDS Paris). I could care less about American Idol but it isn't as though it were replacing something great. Now if only they could pulverize that Hat...
                  Down with the Hat

Comment

I think Carsland is a GIANT mistake over at Disneyland but here at WDW I don't think Hollywood Studios is suffering because the American Dull Idol experience can always easily be replaced with whatever new pop culture show has taken over the globe.
                    Last edited by Micoofy Duck; 06-23-2008, 09:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                      I think Carsland is a GIANT mistake .
                      Wrong park, no? All DHS is likely to get is a wild-mouse coaster themed to Cars, as part of Pixar Place...and that's OK by me. As for CarsLand at DCA...it's the main reason why I hope to be at that particular park around 2013.
                      Last edited by tasman; 06-23-2008, 03:31 PM.
                      Down with the Hat

Comment

I'm going to have to disagree with the OP. With the funding and plans for DHS there is only more room for improvement. Toy Story Midway Mania is a wonderful new addition to the attractions as well.

Comment

actually, I think quite the opposite. To me, DHS has been a bit of a problem for some time. It is clearly my 4th favorite park in need of a lot of help. There are empty theaters and production areas. I would imagine the whole Backlot Tour area will be plowed over to make way for something else.

And hopefully, more Star Wars
                          www.jamboeveryone.com
                          Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

I really enjoy TSM - though I think American Idol is a mistake (we'll see how that goes).
                            Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                            I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                            on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                              I really enjoy TSM - though I think American Idol is a mistake (we'll see how that goes).

Please do!

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                              http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X