This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] We need dining help for our reservations

We're almost ready to make our vacation reservations for the World, but the only thing we really need help with is: where to eat? I'm looking for suggestions for each park, resort, etc., separated as such.

I know I definitely want to eat at V&A at the Grand Floridian, but aside from that, we are all clueless. Am I also correct that we need to make our dining reservations 6 months out? 4 months at the latest? Which restaurants would be the most time-sensitive for reservations?

Thank you for your help!
    Last edited by dland_lover; 06-25-2008, 06:07 AM.

Re: We need dining help for our reservations

When is your trip? I hope it's not during free dining...

Le Cellier in Epcot is a must. You will definately need to book far ahead of time there. WS has so many good restaurants, that it is difficult to choose. However, counter service allows you to eat at more places, a little here and there in every country. Mama Melrose's in the Studios is pretty decent Italian, but nothing special. I've always thought that Cinderella's Round Table in MK was just so so and definately WAY overpriced. The Yaki and Yeti in AK is surprisingly good and it doesn't seem like reservations are really necessary there.

I'm sure others can spread much more light on dining suggestions as WDW dining is primarily quick service for me.

I would, however, like to mention a new restaurant I ate at this summer. Bongo's in DtD (Gloria Estefan's Cuban cafe) was absolutley delicious! The service wasn't the greatest, but the atmosphere and food was delicious. I feel like DtD dining isn't mentioned enough.

Comment

I always like to recommend eating at California Grill timed to coincide with the MK fireworks. Even better if you can coincide with special Halloween or Christmas fireworks you would not be seeing otherwise.

Don't stress out too much over it, pretty much everywhere I ate at WDW was good.

Check out http://allears.net/din/dining.htm if you want to review menus and decide based on the specific food you're interested in.
      My Micechat cruise trip report, Part 1:http://micechat.com/14795-disney-wonder/

Comment

Ohana is awesome and so is Yak and Yeti! I also hit the San Angelo Cantina outside of Mexico...
        He felt like his life was some kind of dream and he sometimes wondered whose it was and whether they were enjoying it.
        follow us on Twitter! @MickeyMutineers
        DisregardListen to our podcast on iTunes!

Comment

Boma over at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Whispering Canyon Cafe at Wilderness Lodge, Citricco's & Narcossee's at Grand Floridian are also some good choices. Book as much as you can at the 180 day mark or you may get locked out. The food it so-so at the Castle, but that restaurant always sells out fast.
          Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
          www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
          Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
          Favorite Sites for latest news:
          WDWNewToday.com
          WaltDisneyBoards.com
          DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

If you want a good steak at would eat at the Yachtsmen Steakhouse or Shulas both are much better then Le Cellier.

Cali Grille is wonderful
            Tutto Italia
            Kona Cafe
            Hollywood and Brown Derby
            I like LTT for a character meal (Liberty tree tavern)
            Yak and Yeti at AK
            Any of the places at the GF are wonderful
            The Wave at the CR also sounds wonderful
            Kelly

Comment

I'm going to give you what I've enjoyed eating in the past, that doesn't mean you should book them all, because the list will be huge! However, I do recommend checking out their menu's at www.allearsnet.com

Magic Kingdom

Sit down:

Liberty Tree Tavern (Fab 5 characters in American garb)
              Tony's Italian Restaurant
              Crystal Palace (Pooh characters)

Counter:

Cosmic Ray's
              Peco's Bill
              Pinocchio's Village Haus (They have a great turkey panini)

Epcot

Sit down:

Rose N Crown
              Le Cellier
              Japan (forget the name)
              Mexico (great ambiance)
              Garden Grill

Counter:

China
              UK (fish and chips!)
              Sunshine Seasons

DHS

Sit down:

Sci Fi Dine In
              50's Prime Time

Counter:

ABC Commissary

Animal Kingdom

Sit down:

Yak & Yeti (Although I've seen reviews split 50/50, bad cook maybe?)

Counter:

Falme Tree Barbecue

Hotels:

V&A (GF)
              Boma's breakfast (the potatoes are fabulous) (AKL)
              O'Hana (Polynesian)
              Chef Mickey's (Character at Contemporary)

Have a great time!
              Last edited by SummerInFL; 06-25-2008, 06:10 AM.

Comment

MK: I like Cosmic Rays as a CS. The entertainment from Sunny Eclipse is great and a true Disney experience. For a sit down, I would take a monorail to the Poly for Kona Cafe or 'ohana

Epcot: I like San Angel Inn in Mexico. I also really like Chefs de France for lunch. Le Cellier is very popular but I prefer the other two. For counter service, Mexico is a good choice as is the food court in the Land. Fish & Chips are available in England.

DHS: Unfortunately, CS here stinks on ice. TS is only a little bit better. I like the Brown Derby but expensive. Hollywood & Vine, Sci-Fi, and Mama Merlroses are all OK, but the Sci-Fi has a great atmosphere. Your best bet maybe to go to the Boardwalk and eat at Spoodles. Do you want to do the Fantasmic Dinner Package

DAK: Has the best Counter Service of all the parks. Flame Tree BBQ is excellent. Pizzafari was also surprisingly good. The Tusker House is a good buffer but otherwise avoid sit down meals here

Resorts: Other than what I mentioned I would say go to Boma, my vote for the best meal in WDW. I also like the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the Wilderness Lodge.

Downtown Disney: Nothing great here IMHO, but I do like the House of Blues
                www.jamboeveryone.com
                Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Epcot: Le Cellier

Hollywood: Sci-Fi was lots of fun and had REALLY good burgers!

Magic Kingdom: Tony's was really good when we ate there

Ohana is FANTASTIC!
                  Last edited by FantasticDuck; 06-25-2008, 06:09 AM. Reason: forgot one
                  With great pride: Disney Store Cast Member August 2011-Present

D23 Charter Member - 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

WDW Trips: June 2012, 2010, 2008, 2007, 1997, 1996, 1994

Comment

OMG, you guys are the best! What would I ever do without MiceChat? :gladsad:

And I guess I should've said we're going in late January '09. *fingers crossed it won't be too busy *

EDIT: Also, that we'll be using the Dining Plan, so costs aren't so much of an issue.
                    Last edited by dland_lover; 06-25-2008, 06:21 AM.

Comment

we have 50's prime time
                      rose and crown
                      sci fi and dine
                      sunshine seasons and rainforest coming and going the first and last day of our trip

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                        OMG, you guys are the best! What would I ever do without MiceChat? :gladsad:

And I guess I should've said we're going in late January '09. *fingers crossed it won't be too busy *

EDIT: Also, that we'll be using the Dining Plan, so costs aren't so much of an issue.

we are going in mid-Jan, you should be OK
                        www.jamboeveryone.com
                        Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dland_lover View Post
                          We're almost ready to make our vacation reservations for the World, but the only thing we really need help with is: where to eat? I'm looking for suggestions for each park, resort, etc., separated as such.

I know I definitely want to eat at V&A at the Grand Floridian, but aside from that, we are all clueless. Am I also correct that we need to make our dining reservations 6 months out? 4 months at the latest? Which restaurants would be the most time-sensitive for reservations?

Thank you for your help!
                          OHANAS' at the Polynesian Hotel

This is the only thing you need to know... All other places pale in comparison to the amazing food you can get at OHANAS'

You know I think I should get a kickback from Disney for all the times I recommend OHANAS'

Comment

Whispering Canyon and Cinderella's are really good.

Comment

You don't need a reservation for this, but if you can visit the Kona Cafe at the Polynesian and get the Tonga Toast. It is absolutely scrumptious!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X