• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News 9/27/08 - The Demise of P.I.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...,2367595.story
    sigpic

Originally posted by Phonedave
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

Re: 9/27/08 - The Demise of P.I.

Why would they close it if it was thriving. I hope they leave the Adventurers Club.
    Visit

Click the Banner

Comment

Disney to close Pleasure Island's six nightclubs

From the Orlando Sentinel:

The six nightclubs at Pleasure Island will soon shut down, as Walt Disney World redevelops the adult-focused district at Downtown Disney.

BET SoundStage Club, Mannequins Dance Palace, 8Trax and three other nightclubs that have for years catered largely to young, single adults -- rather than to Disney's bread-and-butter family market -- will close after Sept. 27. Over the next couple of years Disney will reopen the Pleasure Island area with a broader mix of restaurants and shops.
      DVC Mike - dvcinfo.com

Comment

This is (sadly) old news. PI died around 2000 when Disney decided to ignore it and not invest, while chipping away at its backstory and identity.

There is no there there anymore and no one goes there except CMs who can get in for free nightly, drink and make fun of Disney at the Comedy Warehouse and Adventurer's Club geeks, to which it has become the Disney equivalent of the Rocky Horror Picture show ... oh, and also conventioners with expense accounts to drink on.

To me, they killed this place long ago, so it's time to get rid of the fetid corpse and make it into the anyplace USA mall that Jay, Inoverherheadmeg, Al and Erin desire.

Comment

Any chance the Adventurers Club will survive?

Comment

I really thought that Disney would keep the AC and Comedy Warehouse, if nothing else.
            Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
            I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
            on Bay Lake.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
              I really thought that Disney would keep the AC and Comedy Warehouse, if nothing else.

They say 6 are gone, by my count there are 7. I would either the Comedy club or the AC will survive but not both
              www.jamboeveryone.com
              Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

very sad sad day...there's a FAQ on the disney site...http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...FAQPage&bhcp=1

according to this, ALL clubs are going. Also talks about how to get a pro-rated refund for your PI AP

They say it's all based on 'guest feedback'. blah.

Comment

I searched through the Disney site, and unfortunately found this page, making it "direct from the horses mouth"

By September 28, 2008, all of the nightclubs on Pleasure Island will close. It will be last call for the last time at 8 Trax, The Adventurer's Club, Mannequins™ Dance Palace, BET Sound-Stage™ Club, Motion and The Comedy Warehouse. For more information, please visit our Pleasure Island FAQ page.
                  They really NEED to keep The Adventurer's Club open! It really has become an institution and unique part of WDW, that really makes visits worthwhile. Closing it is a bad idea. And I agree, the Comedy Club should remain open. BOTH of those places add variety to the DTD area.
                  Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                  An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                  Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                  Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Originally posted by Aladdin View Post
                    I searched through the Disney site, and unfortunately found this page, making it "direct from the horses mouth"

They really NEED to keep The Adventurer's Club open! It really has become an institution and unique part of WDW, that really makes visits worthwhile. Closing it is a bad idea. And I agree, the Comedy Club should remain open. BOTH of those places add variety to the DTD area.
                    At the very least, I can't even imagine the AC closed. It really is something special - a club you can't find anywhere else.

There are so many wonderful performers at both the AC and CW.
                    Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                    on Bay Lake.

Comment

This has to be one of the stupidest things WDW has ever done.

Comment

I must admit, I don't really care if PI closes, except for The Adventurers' Club which is great. But don't forget, the rumor was the AC was going to be the launching point for the Night Kingdom so maybe.....
                        www.jamboeveryone.com
                        Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Re: Disney to close Pleasure Island's six nightclubs

Holy Kungaloosh Batman! No more Adventurers Club? I am so sad!

Comment

I guess they should rename Pleasure Island to - LAME ISLAND.

Comment

Here is the faq from the disney website...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X