Announcement

Collapse

Your Assistance Please

We need your help to battle spammers and also to keep our community user friendly.
PLEASE BE KIND TO OTHERS - Refrain from personal attacks. Avoid politics and harsh language whenever possible. If someone is violating our simple rules, DO NOT confront them, simply report the post.
STOP SPAMMERS - Report the post. DO NOT respond to them.

2017 is a year of renewal for us, we have lots of exciting changes on the way for you, but we don't have time to deal with trolls and spammers. If you find yourself suspended and need to plead your case, you will need to do so after your suspension. We are happy to address your concerns if you made a simple mistake. However, please note that those with a history of bad behavior and pushing our rules to the limit will not be given the courtesy of a reply.

MiceChat offers a number of ways for you to communicate and get involved. We offer Facebook Groups and Pages, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest accounts. We have a front page filled with amazing content. We offer weekly meetups in the parks. Meets and events all over the world. Podcasts and videos. And we continue to maintain forums for your posting convenience. But with all those options, we can't be everywhere all the time. We need YOUR help. Please don't poke the trolls. Report posts and leave reputation. We'll do our best to keep the forums clean and active, but we can't do so without your help.

Thank you for your support folks, it's going to be a really fantastic year in the MiceChat world.
See more
See less

Starting my vacation booking but need a bit of help

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Starting my vacation booking but need a bit of help

Ok, so I'm in the process of ordering my tickets online, but I have a question. If I order it and do it Will Call, that means I can pick them up once I get to WDW, correct?

I'm only going to buy tickets and stay off property because of a couple reasons.

#1, they only have EMH on one day for the MK, and we're probably only going to go to MK and MGM, and maybe AK. Plus, my kids probably won't be able to do 10-12 hours a day at the parks so the EMH won't be missed too much.

#2, the cheapest package I could put together was at the Pop Century resort with a standard room and 4 day base tickets for $1400. If I just get the tickets and a room at the Seralago, I can save $200, which is enough to make me stay off property.

We'll be leaving Memphis on the 5th of September and should arrive the next day in Orlando and check in. We'll be leaving on the 12th and should get to Pigeon Forge the next day for a 2 night stay. I'm really excited as this is my first family vacation ever and the first real vacation I've ever taken as an adult, except for my honeymoon.

Anyways, any input would be great.

Re: Starting my vacation booking but need a bit of help

You could do what nearly everyone else does, park at the nearest Disney hotel and use Disney Transportation but then again I'm not sure if each resort is protected by someone at a gate and if they have to see some form of resort room card ID to let you come in with your car...

Not sure about that one. Never done it as I've always stayed on property. Hopefully this will save you some hassle from driving all the way to the MK.

Comment

Yes you will be able to pick up your tickets at WDW. However I've only seen the Will Call booths at the TTC so you'll probably have to make the drive to MK for your tickets.
      Visit

Click the Banner

Comment

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
        You could do what nearly everyone else does, park at the nearest Disney hotel and use Disney Transportation but then again I'm not sure if each resort is protected by someone at a gate and if they have to see some form of resort room card ID to let you come in with your car...

Not sure about that one. Never done it as I've always stayed on property. Hopefully this will save you some hassle from driving all the way to the MK.
        Every resort has a guard post (even the values) and you have to show ID to be let in. You could always say you have dining reservations at one of the deluxe resorts and they'll probably let you in but I can't guarantee that'll work.

Comment

I am so happy for you!!! I can not wait until you get back with a trip report. Have a wonderful time.

Comment

Oh Makarla.. you are so funny.

Comment

Originally posted by draybook View Post
              Ok, so I'm in the process of ordering my tickets online, but I have a question. If I order it and do it Will Call, that means I can pick them up once I get to WDW, correct?

I'm only going to buy tickets and stay off property because of a couple reasons.

#1, they only have EMH on one day for the MK, and we're probably only going to go to MK and MGM, and maybe AK. Plus, my kids probably won't be able to do 10-12 hours a day at the parks so the EMH won't be missed too much.

#2, the cheapest package I could put together was at the Pop Century resort with a standard room and 4 day base tickets for $1400. If I just get the tickets and a room at the Seralago, I can save $200, which is enough to make me stay off property.

We'll be leaving Memphis on the 5th of September and should arrive the next day in Orlando and check in. We'll be leaving on the 12th and should get to Pigeon Forge the next day for a 2 night stay. I'm really excited as this is my first family vacation ever and the first real vacation I've ever taken as an adult, except for my honeymoon.

Anyways, any input would be great.
              Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this during the free dining period? If so, I would highly recommend staying on property for this reason.

I've stayed at the Pop Century and, far from being luxurious, it was acceptable for our purpose - sleeping. I think that Disney transportation justifies the extra cost of staying on property. However, I'm guessing that you are driving, so it guess it doesn't really matter in that case...

Comment

I wasn't able to find anything about free dining, only meal plans you could purchase. Either way, it's not enough to spend the extra money.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                  Every resort has a guard post (even the values) and you have to show ID to be let in. You could always say you have dining reservations at one of the deluxe resorts and they'll probably let you in but I can't guarantee that'll work.
                  It isn't hard to pretty much park anywhere.

Fort Wilderness has no guard shack anymore (as far as parking in the main parking lot). Of course, that takes more time than just parking in the parking lots.
                  Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
                  I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
                  on Bay Lake.

Comment

How much are you really saving? $200.00. You'll have to pay for parking, $11.00 a day. You'll be paying for gas...$4.00 plus per gallon. You could wind up burying that $200.00 really fast. Plus you can't beat the Disney experience of staying on-site. It's kind of like a cruise, your vacation starts the moment you arrive at the resort. You won't need your car the whole time your there, you have full access to the Disney Transportation system. Plus, on a hot day it is so easy to go back to the resort and swim all afternoon and then go back to the parks at night. I don't think it is really worth it for you to stay off-site.
                    Lindsy - former Res Center CM (10 years)
                    www.magicaltravel.com Sponsors of the Disney Cruise Line Forum:thumbup:

Look for this logo when booking Disney.
                    Lynmagicaltravel@aol.com
                    Favorite Sites for latest news:
                    WDWNewToday.com
                    WaltDisneyBoards.com
                    DisneyReporter.net.ms

Comment

I'm not worried about the gas costs because we're not park hopping and the hotel is only 5 miles away. I just didn't feel that there was enough there to justify spending the extra $200. Now had there been some kind of dining plan that came with the package, I probably would have stayed on site.

Comment

Originally posted by draybook View Post
                        I'm not worried about the gas costs because we're not park hopping and the hotel is only 5 miles away. I just didn't feel that there was enough there to justify spending the extra $200. Now had there been some kind of dining plan that came with the package, I probably would have stayed on site.
                        Free dining is for vacations August 24 - September 20...but you had to book by June 22.

Also, here are some special end-of-summer rates. I'm not sure if these were the rates you factored into your calculations, but it's only $69 a night for the Pop Century! :thumbup:

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw...gSeptOfferPage

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          The guards have lists now for all reservations- stays, restaurants etc. You used to be able to park at the Contemporary when you did the early morning steam train tour but even that isn't allowed now. That's why we STAY on property as you get free parking at the parks.
                          Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Comment

just make sure you line up your dining reservations if you want any. they go like hotcakes.

Comment

Ok, so the 8th of September(2nd day in the parks) will be our 7th anniversary. Any recommendations on where to go to celebrate this? We will have our kids so it has to be something for the four of us.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X