Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Save the ADVENTURERS CLUB at Pleasure Island!

Collapse

Get Away Today

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Save the ADVENTURERS CLUB at Pleasure Island!

STR8FAN2005 wanted me to whip up a picture to represent Saturday Night's upcoming gathering, and well, I was taken by his "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" analogy, so without further adieu:

How I wish I could be down there to see this, it sounds like it will be a blast! Have an "Armadilo Punch" for me Adventurers!

Some days you eat the mouse.
    Some days the mouse eats you.
    But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!
    But the Club still stands and hope remains!
    KUNGALOOSH!

Comment

Hello Adventurers,

Unfortunatly we currently have a slow news week, so while everyone continues to send letters, e-mail, phone calls, ect. to the Disney Executive, here is a photo of another Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party Adventurers Club Group!

KUNGALOOSH!
      KUNGALOOSH!

Comment

Great costumes! I wonder, did they get "recognised" much?
        sigpic

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
        Walt Disney

Comment

Here's yet Here is yet another Mickey's Not So Scary Group. This time of all female adventurers in male character costumes!

KUNGALOOSH!
          KUNGALOOSH!

Comment

Unable to head to the Adventurers Club anymore, my friends and I attempted to recreate the club for the night for my birthday party this year. Here are a few pictures (that's me as Otis):

(From left to right) Back row: Pamelia Perkins, Colonel Suchbench, Fletcher Hodges. Middle row: Fahni the Maid, Otis T. Wren, Samantha Sterling. Front row: Mandora, Emil Bleehall.

The Colonel leads us in the club theme song.

We did the whole radio show: Jump up for Jinkies!

THIS version of the Adventurers Club also included dinner...

...perhaps the real one will too when it returns.

We played the board game Balderdash to see who would win the Balderdash cup. Otis was not happy that Pamelia won.

We served Kungalooshes, took the oath, and even had a Hoopla complete with several performances.

More pictures here, if you're interested: Index of /brodie/album/2008/november/adventurersclubbirthday

Comment

Sad news everyone, Sugar Snapp just wrote to me to say that Blondie just found out that Bill, the regular at the club who the Adventurers would always razz for falling asleep, is possibly going to pass away this week. He is at Dr. Phillips hospital, and his wife Jean doesn't really have anyone down here. She needs all the support she can get. Sugar thinks that we all need to stick together and be there for them as only adventurers can! I'll add more info whenever I get it. Please pass the word on.
              KUNGALOOSH!

Comment

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

It's been a while since last posing, and unfortunately there is no new news about the Adventurer's Club reopening (yet) but I just wanted to post a few items that I have come across in my internet browsing that shows that the Adventurers Club refuses to die:

1) A Facebook event that looks like a promisingly fun day to anyone who may be in the Orlando area May 1st!
                http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/event.php?eid=80177492135:
                20th Anniversary of the Adventurers Club

Start Time: Friday, May 1, 2009 at 12:00pm
                End Time: Saturday, May 2, 2009 at 12:00am

20 years ago this May 1st, the Adventurers Club first flung open their doors. The idea has been floated around to see if a bunch of people would like to gather, possibly in Adventurers costumes, and make a general nuisance of ourselves.

Park hopping has been suggested, as I'm sure we'll want to be well seen (to be more annoying to upper management), and because I can't decide if I want a beer from EPCOT or a Pineapple Whip from Adventureland more. A swing by Pleasure Island for photos may happen as well.
                More details to come as the date approaches
                2) Blondie as Six Bits at the normally unchanging "Hoop-Dee-Doo-Musical Review" sings "Bessie the Heifer"!
                [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUabgGg1uFg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUabgGg1uFg[/ame]

There are new rumors sprouting up almost every week indicating that the Club's re-opening is imminent. So I believe that it is time again to send off a few more letters to the Disney Execs letting them know that Adventure keeps calling our name, and we want our Club back to satisfy the call!

KUNGALOOSH!
                KUNGALOOSH!

Comment

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

One of my friends down in Florida sent me a picture of a group of revelers at Pleasure Island on its 20th Birthday, raising a toast to the Grand Funmeister himself, Merriweather Adam Pleasure!

Apparently they thought that if Disney wasn't going to celebrate Pleasure Island (Even in this year of Celebrate Today) then someone had to, and it might as well be them! Well, I say a hearty Kungaloosh to you good Adventurers!

KUNGALOOSH!
                  KUNGALOOSH!

Comment

Awwww, makes me sad. Kungaloosh.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Comment

And a Merri-Kungaloosh to you, as well!
                      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X