This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trip Report June 28 WDW Trip Report

Adam and I went to WDW on Saturday, June 28 expressly for the release and signing event of the new Olszewski pieces. You can read the details of that in this post, but I thought I'd add a few more pictures of our hotel and the park that day.

The Magic Kingdom was in the peak summer season, but it was not as busy as I'd thought it would be. It sure was HOT though!

The Main Street Cinema / Art of Disney Store where the Olszewski event was being held.

The only sign announcing the event.

City Hall's clock tower is still missing.
    BRING BACK THE CLOCK TOWER!!!

This time, we did not stay on-site at WDW and had to use the main parking lot. I'd not done that in many years. Luckily, we got a spot close to the TTC and could walk from our car to the monorail.

We stayed at the JW Marriott Grande Lakes - about 6 miles from WDW.

This was a HUGE resort.

The grand lobby was very plush.

Small sitting areas like this were available in the lobby.

Citrus ice water was available in the lobby for guests checking in.

The Ritz Carlton was part of the same hotel complex.

Bikes were available for rent.

I think this was a wedding pavillion - either that or a sacrificial altar.

The hotel had a gorgeous pool and lazy river.

The most popular place at the hotel - Starbucks.

Our room was very nicely appointed.

It kind of felt like a mini suite.

The bathroom had a glass enclosed shower and a tub - not shown.

Our view from our room. We could see planes taking off and landing at OIA in the distance.

Re: June 28 WDW Trip Report

wow !! keep it coming !!!!!!!1

Comment

Great Pics..

Did You Know They Use Water To Make ICE!!

Comment

Wow! I love that pool! That would be someplace I would stay at just for the pool, fabulous! Thanks for sharing Mike!

Comment

Mikey... you came to town and did not tell me you were here???? Shame on you!!

BTW... take note people.. the JW Marriott is one of the finests hotels in Orlando. While it may be a few minutes away from WDW, very close to Sea World and a short drive to Universal, this hotel rivals anything WDW has done in their luxury options... and I feel it is one of those times when it's totally worth staying off property and give you money to a company that deserves it. TDLFAN recommends the JW Marriott/Ritz complex quite highly.

Comment

Nice TR! My dad stayed at the JW Marriott on a business trip last summer.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post

The Magic Kingdom was in the peak summer season, but it was not as busy as I'd thought it would be. It sure was HOT though!

Wow! What time of the day was this taken? I would love to see those kinds of low crowd levels when we go next week!
              Originally posted by larasound
              am I the burrito man?

Comment

Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
                Wow! What time of the day was this taken? I would love to see those kinds of low crowd levels when we go next week!
                Yup.. What a contrast to this other TP from another well know park...
                http://micechat.com/forums/showthrea...res-99220.html

Comment

Nice! The hotel looks gorgeous!

Comment

Nice report; thanks for sharing. That hotel is fabulous!!!

Comment

Oh wow, that is a lovely pool. I think I'd just stay all day there and never bother going to a park.

Comment

Beautiful resort!
                        I want my cake back!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TDLFAN View Post
                          Mikey... you came to town and did not tell me you were here???? Shame on you!!

BTW... take note people.. the JW Marriott is one of the finests hotels in Orlando. While it may be a few minutes away from WDW, very close to Sea World and a short drive to Universal, this hotel rivals anything WDW has done in their luxury options... and I feel it is one of those times when it's totally worth staying off property and give you money to a company that deserves it. TDLFAN recommends the JW Marriott/Ritz complex quite highly.
                          Ummm ... I posted asking if anyone else would be there. Shame on YOU!

While the JW Marriott was a gorgeous hotel, the service at the restaurant was below par and something I didn't expect from some place with such high prices.

Originally posted by evilqueenrocks View Post
                          This was probably taken around 2:30 PM as we were heading out of the park.

Comment

A big WOW to that resort!

Did they provide transportation to the Monorail Station near Epcot or are you on your own as to how you'll get to the parks. Very curious as to find out one can get from that hotel to the Magic Kingdom.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                              Ummm ... I posted asking if anyone else would be there. Shame on YOU!
                              Yes, it is my shame... I did not see your post at all since I have been in Japan all this week and away from the PC.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X