Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What dining experience would you create for WDW?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] What dining experience would you create for WDW?

Re: What dining experience would you create for WDW?

What sort of dining option would I like to see in WDW? Something truly ethnic, not an ethnic geared toward American tastes. Yes, I know it would be unpopular (maybe) and no I am not complaining about whats available, I would just like to see some interesting, native, foods I have never had before, that are prepared as they would be in their "home land"

-dave
    "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
    "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

A good Cuban restaurant perhaps in a resort and a decent sit down place at the Magic Kingdom. But most of all I put a Mos Eisley Cantina at DHS with charatcers like Greedo and that walrus guy walking around. It would have typical bar fare and an AA band that played a few songs from the movies every half hour
      www.jamboeveryone.com
      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
        A good Cuban restaurant perhaps in a resort

Trying to re-create a little bit of Union City / North Bergen / West New York in Orlando are we?

Some pork, tostones, yuca con mojo, and camarones enchilados would go over very nicely. Mabe a pisco sour to go with it (but then thats Peruvian, but while we are dreaming, what the heck)

A lot of the guys in my lodge are Cuban. Man we eat good at times

-dave
        Last edited by Phonedave; 07-02-2008, 06:42 AM.
        "I'm gonna build my own amusement park. But with gambling and hookers!" - Bender
        "You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity." - Bullet Tooth Tony

Comment

Actually, I am not a huge cuban food fan myself, but it seems odd in Florida the only cuban place in WDW is Bongos which gets soundly panned by most
          www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Phonedave View Post
            What sort of dining option would I like to see in WDW? Something truly ethnic, not an ethnic geared toward American tastes. Yes, I know it would be unpopular (maybe) and no I am not complaining about whats available, I would just like to see some interesting, native, foods I have never had before, that are prepared as they would be in their "home land"

-dave
            Have you ever tried Jiko at Animal kingdom Lodge. If you want ethnic then this is THE place for it. The menu is so inspired:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_jiko.htm

I swear this the tastiest, most inspired meal I have ever had on Disney property. And I would not say it is Americanised in any way.

As for the Chinese pavilion at Epcot - please, during the refurb, re-do the menu. I've had way better from my local restaurant down the road! The quality was below average - it trulywas. I hate "wet" Chinese dishes. I'd like to see some Thai food on property.
            I love the wine & food festival at Epcot - you really get some interesting dishes.

And bring back the Beaver Tails at Canada!

And dare I say the Fish and Chips at United Kingdom are about as "ethnic" as you could wish to get!
            Now I'll turn that little mouse's dream into a nightmare Fantasmic !

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
              A good Cuban restaurant perhaps in a resort and a decent sit down place at the Magic Kingdom. But most of all I put a Mos Eisley Cantina at DHS with charatcers like Greedo and that walrus guy walking around. It would have typical bar fare and an AA band that played a few songs from the movies every half hour
              YES! It would fit perfectly into the hidden Backstage that's next to the Jedi Stage.

That would be awesome.

Comment

Re-theme Pizza Planet to look like the Pizza Planet from the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Pacha View Post
                  Re-theme Pizza Planet to look like the Pizza Planet from the movie.
                  Thats a good one
                  www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Oh man, a Mos Eisley Cantina in DHS would be perfect!

Or even "Jabba's Place" with the Jabba The Hut 'band' (can't remember the name off hand) playing would be great. You'd have an AA Jabba sitting and yellin' at folks.
                    www.WaltDisneyBoards.com

Comment

Originally posted by ArnyVee View Post
                      Oh man, a Mos Eisley Cantina in DHS would be perfect!

Or even "Jabba's Place" with the Jabba The Hut 'band' (can't remember the name off hand) playing would be great. You'd have an AA Jabba sitting and yellin' at folks.

maybe you would like this
                      http://www.mouseextra.com/2007/04/28...ours/#comments
                      www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by geoffa View Post
                        Have you ever tried Jiko at Animal kingdom Lodge. If you want ethnic then this is THE place for it. The menu is so inspired:

http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_jiko.htm

I swear this the tastiest, most inspired meal I have ever had on Disney property. And I would not say it is Americanised in any way.
                        I have heard that Jiko is good. I could not tell you if it is authentic or not, as I have no idea what authentic African food is like. I doubt there is an "African" food. I suspect its a lot more regional than that. Jiko my be one of my next stops.

And dare I say the Fish and Chips at United Kingdom are about as "ethnic" as you could wish to get!
                        Nah, because I can't get a donner kebab next door

-dave

Comment

I still want my gawd damn Haunted Mansion dining experience!!!

I've stated this idea before in the Disneyland threads and now I'll SLAM MY FISTED HAND WITH FORK IN GRIP on the table and demand for a Haunted Mansion dining experience!

Comment

Originally posted by Micoofy Duck View Post
                            I still want my gawd damn Haunted Mansion dining experience!!!

I've stated this idea before in the Disneyland threads and now I'll SLAM MY FISTED HAND WITH FORK IN GRIP on the table and demand for a Haunted Mansion dining experience!
                            how would that work?
                            www.jamboeveryone.com

sigpic

Comment

i say someplace that actually serves decent ethnic food.... yeah, i know other people say it.... but sometimes you need a walk on the wild side.... :0

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X