Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Refillable Souvenir Mugs....

Two part question on this, One where can you purschase them and Two can they be filled at any park?

Re: Refillable Souvenir Mugs....

1. You can buy them at any Disney resort.

2. You can refill them at the resorts, but you're really not supposed to at the parks that I know of. I admit I have at the Electric Umbrella at EPCOT, but I used it to mostly fill up with ice to melt into cold water for me.

Comment

what aimster said. They are no longer resort specific. That is, you no longer buy Boardwalk mugs and can only fill 'em up at the Boardwalk
      www.jamboeveryone.com
      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MJMcB View Post
        what aimster said. They are no longer resort specific. That is, you no longer buy Boardwalk mugs and can only fill 'em up at the Boardwalk

The main thing that I'm curious about is if you can by the mug and fill it up anywhere or just at the resorts? I'm trying to figure out if it worth it to get the mug or not....

Comment

They're only supposed to be used at the resorts.

Comment

I decided to b uy all my liquids from garden grocer. only getting 1 mug for me for coffee. and I am hating the fact I may have to lug it all day. maybe our room will be close enough where I can run it back to the room.
            Last edited by Hakuna Makarla; 07-06-2008, 04:34 PM.

Comment

Do you take your mugs back to the resorts every year? We had bought some a few years ago at all star sports, and this year we will be staying at all star movies. Can we take the ones we bought before? Thanks.

Comment

Yes you can take ones you bought before back. It's only supposed to be for "length of stay", but when I was there earlier this year, I saw a lady with an old Pop Century mug and no one said boo about it. I'll be taking the mug I got in may back with me next month. It came in handy more than I thought it would. It pays for itself after 3 or 4 refills.

Comment

Originally posted by hoonest View Post
                  Do you take your mugs back to the resorts every year? We had bought some a few years ago at all star sports, and this year we will be staying at all star movies. Can we take the ones we bought before? Thanks.
                  The designs have changed from resort specific to generic WDW ones, so they most likely will not be the same mugs if they are from a couple of years ago. That, unfortunately means you will have to buy new ones.

This is always a sore subject scross boards, but generally it's up to you. I chose to buy a new one when the pattern changes or I stay at a different hotel. Others don't. They are supposed to be length of stay but many do not listen. It's a question of personal choice, but if you bring old mugs, and a CM says something about it, then you have to realize they are (one of the few) enforcing the policy.
                  It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I see people come home and sell there's on ebay. heck I saw one auction that they got more then they paid in the first place :lol: you can sell them, if you choose.

Comment

The thing that bothered me about the mugs is that, unless your room is really close to the food court, you have to bring your mug down to eat and then take it back to your room. Unless, of course, you don't mind carrying it around with you while you're at the parks. I know that I usually like to grab a bit to eat and then get right on the bus.

Comment

Animal Kingdom has one too that's refillable for only 50 cents or something.. I almost got it because it would've been worth it until they told me that it was only good at Animal Kingdom and none of the other parks... O_o... seriously Disney?:P

Comment

I didn't mind carrying my mug around with me at the parks back in May. I was however, extremely mad at myself when I somehow managed to lose it at EPCOT and had to walk over to the Boardwalk to buy another one (because I didn't save my receipt for the one I bought at Pop Century the day before).

:rant:

Comment

Go for it. It is money well spent. As for the old one, I have done that in the past and the cast members said nothing.
                            Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

I have always found it worth it and have never even tried to bring it to the parks
                              www.jamboeveryone.com
                              Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X