Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Question] Sharing the joy (and questions)

Today we booked the flight to WDW.. the 3rd in my conscious-life. (I don't usually count the time I was 3.) I am super-trilled. This will also be the last trip that my family takes together because my brother and I are off in college and my grandparents probably won't have the chance to go again (its their first trip ever to WDW... I KNOW they are going to LOVE it).

So there are a total of 7 people in our party... so I guess I have a few questions if you have ever traveled to WDW with such a large group.
    -Did you get a few different rooms or a larger villa? What's a better way to go in your opinion? We are really in need of cheaper hotel suggestions in general!
    -Does Disney have automatic gratuity for large parties when eating out?
    -Where should we enjoy a special family meal.. personal favorites for a large family?
    -We are probably not going to the water parks unless there is something there especially enjoyable for the older crowd... does anyone know if there is?
    -We'll be there starting January 1st.. does anyone know if the Candlelight Processional is still preforming on/after that date. My grandparents would love it!!!
    -And if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions about the WDW marathon as a first complete marathon for a couple of runners... I would love to hear them.

Thanks so much!

Re: Sharing the joy (and questions)

I would suggest you look in to a vacation home. We have gone with a group of 14 and we got one 6 bedroom house. They are around $200 a night, which is cheap if you divide it up between the families. They almost all have private pools, which is nice.

I would suggest eating at O'Hana at the Polynesian. It's a win-win situation, good food and they can accommodate a large group. You should time your meal so you can watch the fireworks at MK.

I believe the Candlelight Processional goes until Jan.3rd or so. I could be wrong on that though. The other Christmas lights are still up until then.

Just another tip on enjoying a trip with a large group of mixed ages, don't be afraid to split up some of the time. Everyone will be much happier if they get to do what they want, at least some of the time! Also, be sure you get a picture of the whole group. That sounds like common sense but you get so wrapped up in what you are doing you don't take the time to actually do it!

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by Rapunzel View Post
      Today we booked the flight to WDW.. the 3rd in my conscious-life. (I don't usually count the time I was 3.) I am super-trilled. This will also be the last trip that my family takes together because my brother and I are off in college and my grandparents probably won't have the chance to go again (its their first trip ever to WDW... I KNOW they are going to LOVE it).
      Congrats!

So there are a total of 7 people in our party... so I guess I have a few questions if you have ever traveled to WDW with such a large group.
      -Did you get a few different rooms or a larger villa? What's a better way to go in your opinion? We are really in need of cheaper hotel suggestions in general!
      Villa is OK. Your cheapest bet may be 2 rooms at the Pop, but I would go with a villa, perhaps at Old Key West

-Does Disney have automatic gratuity for large parties when eating out?
      -
      i believe they do but not for 7.

-We are probably not going to the water parks unless there is something there especially enjoyable for the older crowd... does anyone know if there is?
      Nah. I always skip out on the water parks. Spend your time in the theme parks
      www.jamboeveryone.com
      Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

O! Thank you thank you thank you so much for the help!!! I think that we will skip out on the water parks.

If anyone has run the WDW marathon I would be interested if its good for a first time full marathon runner.

Comment

Like MJMcB said, Pop or one of the All Star resorts might be your best bet. Or rent out a house off property. The last time I went with a large group was about 10 years ago. Since then I have only had to worry about 1 hotel room.

-Where should we enjoy a special family meal.. personal favorites for a large family?
          If you are talking about in the parks, Liberty Tree Tavern is an entertaining place for a large group for dinner. When I was there in December, all the characters came around to our table several times. Also, Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue is fun too (its very campy, but very fun). Great food served family style!

-And if anyone has any thoughts or suggestions about the WDW marathon as a first complete marathon for a couple of runners... I would love to hear them.
          I ran the 5K last January at AK and it was a great experience. Running in and around the parks is such a unique experience from other city runs. I haven't run the half or full marathon though (I don't have the lung capacity or the endurance for it, but hopefully the 1/2 marathon later in the future). I plan on being at the 5K in 2009 too, hopefully!
          www.shannonhegarty.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X