Announcement

Collapse
1 of 2 < >

MiceChat Rules

A list of MiceChat's rules can be found at the top of the Disneyland forum.
2 of 2 < >

Ad Blockers

Please do not use ad blocking software when visiting MiceChat. It costs money to keep MiceChat online, and ad revenue offsets this. Thank you.
See more
See less

Which Recently Closed Attractions Will You Miss Most?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Which Recently Closed Attractions Will You Miss Most?

Long running attraction closures seem to be escalating in epedemic proportions at WDW these days. Many of you will be saying goodbye to Disney experiences that have been like old friends. Still, others will be deprived of the opportunity to ever encounter these landmark theme park classics.

A survey is up.
    Pleasure Island
    1.35%
    WDW Adventure's Club
    33.78%
    (Soon To Close) Disney Quest
    8.11%
    None of the Above - But, I Have Missed River Country For Some Time Now
    20.27%
    Don't Miss Any of the Above Disney Attractions - But, I Do Miss Star Trek: The Experience
    6.76%
    I Miss All of the Above.
    6.76%
    Other...
    22.97%
    Last edited by Ride Warrior; 07-07-2008, 10:07 AM.
    To Boldly Go Where No MiceChatter Has Gone Before!

Re: Which Recently Closed Attractions Will You Miss Most?

I guess if Star Trek counts... I miss Back to the Future: The Ride the most.

Out of the Disney stuff, I am going to miss the Adventurer's Club... but not being a night person I don't get there as often as I would like.
    sigpic
    Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

I miss the Skyway more.

Comment

I will miss the AC the most, but the attractions I miss from the last few years are Timekeeper, Alien Encounter, and yes, BTTF.
        ~My journey started in the Frontier of the Magic Kingdom, but my heart now lies in Africa. I will always belong in the wilds, be it the frontier or African bush country. I thrive on adventure.~

::WDW College Program Campus Rep::

::Spring Quarter Advantage 2007 Operations::
        :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide- Again!::
        ::Summer Alumni Program 2006 Operations!::
        :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide::
        ::Fall 2005 Quick Service Food & Beverage::
        ::Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn Cafe
        ::

"You reach a point where you don't work for money." - Walt Disney

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney

Comment

Call me Silly but I really miss Peg Leg Pete, the anamatronic Parrot at the entrance of the old POTC ride marquee....:captain:

While we are on the subject, The "old" mainstreet USA shops back when they where all different, including the Penny Arcade and the magic shop. Ticket books, if only because they tended to keep the lines under control. All the original dark rides at EPCOT Center, yadda yadda yadda... Guess I'm getting sentimental in my old age...
          Hi I'm Jerren and I'm a Disneyholic...

Comment

river ciuntry... nuff' said

Comment

Originally posted by Jerren View Post
              Call me Silly but I really miss Peg Leg Pete, the anamatronic Parrot at the entrance of the old POTC ride marquee....:captain:

While we are on the subject, The "old" mainstreet USA shops back when they where all different, including the Penny Arcade and the magic shop. Ticket books, if only because they tended to keep the lines under control. All the original dark rides at EPCOT Center, yadda yadda yadda... Guess I'm getting sentimental in my old age...
              Wasn't the parrot added to the World of Disney? Is he still there?
              I agree with the above missing attractions too; the original dark rides at EPCOT make such a bigger mark on me than Pleasure Island and DisneyQuest. Though, I do miss River Country and Discovery Island....the Timekeeper fits into there also, as does Mr. Toad.
              It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Comment

I miss the Skyway and odd enough, 20,000 Leaugues Under the Sea. The new FNSV at the DLR just doesn't feel like the original IMO. I loved this version of the ride, all the way down to look of the submarines.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweetie View Post
                  I guess if Star Trek counts... I miss Back to the Future: The Ride the most.

Out of the Disney stuff, I am going to miss the Adventurer's Club... but not being a night person I don't get there as often as I would like.
                  Now that Universal Hollywood's Back To the Future set is destroyed, I don't really feel like there is much left of the film franchise.

Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                  I miss the Skyway more.
                  Out of all the rides that have entered the world of Yesteryear, this is the one i miss most of all. It was quite unique traveling above two immersively themed lands, and traveling thru the Matterhorn - and watching people shreek thru the inside of the mountain in their bobsleds. :yea:

Originally posted by RockStarTink283 View Post
                  I will miss the AC the most, but the attractions I miss from the last few years are Timekeeper, Alien Encounter, and yes, BTTF.
                  I never had the opportunity to experience Timekeeper and Alien Encounter. snif ...Oh well ..I'm thankful for all of the attractions that I have enjoyed.

Originally posted by Jerren View Post

Main Street does seem amiss without many of the little diversions that it used to have. This is true of both the Magic Kingdom and Disneyland.

Originally posted by WDWImagineer View Post
                  river ciuntry... nuff' said
                  The beaauty of River Country is that it was more natural...less mechanized...compared to the new water parks.

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                  I agree with the above missing attractions too; the original dark rides at EPCOT make such a bigger mark on me than Pleasure Island and DisneyQuest. Though, I do miss River Country and Discovery Island....the Timekeeper fits into there also, as does Mr. Toad.
                  At least the original Mr. Toad is still in operation at DL I would be upset if it should disappear. By the same token, the fact that the Magic Kingdom still has the Country Bears is a considerable consolation for the attraction having been removed from DL.

Originally posted by DisneyPro View Post
                  I miss the Skyway and odd enough, 20,000 Leaugues Under the Sea. The new FNSV at the DLR just doesn't feel like the original IMO. I loved this version of the ride, all the way down to look of the submarines.
                  Loved 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. I was tiring of the same storyline and non-current technology though. The new sub ride is definitely a fantastic interaction. I'm all "under" it!

On the other hand, I miss the skyway like nobody's business.

Comment

Originally posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
                    He was in May when I was there.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                      He was in May when I was there.
                      Interesting. I'll certainly make it a point to check out the barker parrot next time that I'm at world of Disney.

Comment

I don't believe that is the same Parrot. If I recall correctly they moved him inside the attraction.
                        Visit

Click the Banner

Comment

There's 2 parrots. The one in the attraction has always been there that I know of. The one that was outside is now at World of Disney.

Comment

I always wanted to go to River Country when I was younger, oh well. And Main Street is a bit eh to me. I mean that's ok though, it just makes Main Street in DL so much more magical! I love the penny arcade, especially the silly little game to make Pinocchio dance!
                            ~My journey started in the Frontier of the Magic Kingdom, but my heart now lies in Africa. I will always belong in the wilds, be it the frontier or African bush country. I thrive on adventure.~

::WDW College Program Campus Rep::

::Spring Quarter Advantage 2007 Operations::
                            :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide- Again!::
                            ::Summer Alumni Program 2006 Operations!::
                            :: Kilimanjaro Safari Guide::
                            ::Fall 2005 Quick Service Food & Beverage::
                            ::Pecos Bill Tall Tale Inn Cafe
                            ::

"You reach a point where you don't work for money." - Walt Disney

"You can dream, create, design and build the most wonderful place in the world, but it requires people to make the dream a reality." - Walt Disney

Comment

are we sure DQ is closing anytime soon
                              www.jamboeveryone.com
                              Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X