Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Pictures] Contemporary/Animal Kingdom Lodge Villa Update Photos by Denise 7/5

All the pics are here:

http://www.mousesteps.com/index.php?...d=34&Itemid=65

Some of them larger:

This one is at the Animal Kingdom Lodge itself, but you can see how much area isn't currently being used for the Savannah:

At the Contemporary:

The whole area outside the front is getting landscaped:

Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

Originally posted by TDLFAN
    I think it will give more pipping pervs the reason needed to go parasailing
    on Bay Lake.

Re: Contemporary/Animal Kingdom Lodge Villa Update Photos by Denise 7/5

Great pics as usual!

Thanks for sharing.
    "If you build it right, they will come." - Bob Iger

"I'm not a literary person. As far as realism is concerned, you can find dirt anyplace you look for it. I'm one of those optimists. There's always a rainbow." - Walt Disney

"I don't care about critics. Critics take themselves too seriously. They think the only way to be noticed and to be the smart guy is to pick and find fault with things. It's the public I'm making pictures for." - Walt Disney

Comment

Thanks Denise! I bet that Contemporary Tower will look nice with all that glass on it during a Florida sunset with the sun reflecting on it.

Comment

Mike - I agree (I love reflective pics off the main tower, so it will be fun what photo opportunities the new one will offer!)
        Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Nice pics! Thanks for sharing Denise.
          Kelly

Comment

the AKL deal should be very interesting. I enjoyed watching the TV show about it on the DVC channel a few weeks ago
            www.jamboeveryone.com
            Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

I think the AKL Villas will be beautiful, maybe the nicest of any of the DVC resorts.

I didn't realize how many units the building held - I don't know the number, but a manager of the AKL said it would make the AKL the largest of any of the Disney resorts. (whether true or not, it will be huge!)
              Denise

www.mousesteps.com

Favorite TDL Typo:

on Bay Lake.

Comment

Great pics, as always. Looks like the animals are not too spooked by all the construction.

Comment

Thanks Denise, your many reports are all appreciated.
                  Down with the Hat

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post
                    I think the AKL Villas will be beautiful, maybe the nicest of any of the DVC resorts.

I didn't realize how many units the building held - I don't know the number, but a manager of the AKL said it would make the AKL the largest of any of the Disney resorts. (whether true or not, it will be huge!)

the cool thing about it is it will have its own "main house" unlike the other resorts that where both share a central area. Plus, I am pretty sure it will have its own restaurant
                    www.jamboeveryone.com
                    Celebrating Disney's Animal Kingdom

sigpic

Comment

i enjoyed this update nice job!
                      ~It All Started With A Mouse~

Comment

I only just now see pictures of the Contemporary addition since the ground was cleared.

Good gravy it's ugly.

Comment

Ok this sucks! In 2 weeks I will be staying there but this is not really what I expected :S I hope they not call this rooms 'savanah view'!

Comment

Thanks for taking the time to post this photo report Denise.
                            Originally posted by mikeland View Post
                            Thanks Denise! I bet that Contemporary Tower will look nice with all that glass on it during a Florida sunset with the sun reflecting on it.
                            I wish I could agree with that. This tower is ugly and ill-placed. I hate it to say the least. I think it's terrible the WDW management has done this in pursuit of more money. Why not build a new DVC structure that wasn't so high and so close to the main A-Frame tower?
                            Originally posted by MickeyMania
                            I only just now see pictures of the Contemporary addition since the ground was cleared.

Good gravy it's ugly.
                            I see you agree with me on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by nbodyhome View Post

That's great to hear, since it's our home resort. (Haven't stayed there yet, however, we'll do just that in January of 09...)

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X